Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Mar 2004, 18:42 (Ref:908421)   #26
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Muzza
English names are very rare in Brazil (they are more common in Argentina and Chile, but still rare in these countries too, nonetheless).
I never knew any brazilians with english/american first names.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 21:00 (Ref:908620)   #27
Charlex
Rookie

Argentina
Buenos Aires
Charlex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Olá Muzza!

Yes, you are right, I worked in Formula 3 SudAmm, in an argentine team. That{s why I love the cathegory, and I wish it impoves from the argentine side. I also think that the beginning of the 90s was the best.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Muzza

(...)I used to work on the Formula 3 SudAm races in Interlagos (timing, organization - better say "organization"... - these things)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, that's excellent, did you still work in something related to motorsport? I used to do telemetry analysis in the F3, but now I change the medium, I do telemetry analysis of the oil wells, here in the US, but I am looking a way to start involving in the motorsport again, I missed the action on the track!! Jajaja.

Nice to meet you

Charlex
Old 18 Mar 2004, 05:25 (Ref:908888)   #28
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
I never knew any brazilians with english/american first names.
Abraço, Bononi!

Names like Emerson, Washington, Anderson, Milton are English surnames that are commonly used as given names in Brazil - there are scores of them everywhere!

(or... did you make an ironic comment and I did not understand it?)

English surnames are very, very rare in Brazil. Curiously, there is a town in the State of São Paulo called Americana (literally "American") that was founded by American Southerns that fled to Brazil during the American Civil War. Today Americana is a city with more than 100.000 inhabitants, a very large Goodyear factory and almost no American descendents...

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlex
Olá Muzza!

Yes, you are right, I worked in Formula 3 SudAmm, in an argentine team. That{s why I love the cathegory, and I wish it impoves from the argentine side. I also think that the beginning of the 90s was the best.

(...)

Hey, that's excellent, did you still work in something related to motorsport? I used to do telemetry analysis in the F3, but now I change the medium, I do telemetry analysis of the oil wells, here in the US, but I am looking a way to start involving in the motorsport again, I missed the action on the track!! Jajaja.

Nice to meet you

Charlex
Saludos, Charlex!

Very nice to hear from you! No unfortunately I don't do anything related to motorsport anymore - well, at least not professionally. I work as a racing writer and photographer for a few websites (and magazines, from time to time), but it is all in a volunteer basis...

I also miss the action on the track... I did some Formula Ford and touring car engineering in Brazil, I worked as a marshal before that, promoted races, co-drove in rallies - well, you know how things are in South America, you've got to be flexible and do a little bit of everything!

I am a mechanical engineer, and chose this career because of my passion for motorsports, but my dad died when I was a child and I had to work to support my family since my early teens. Making a living out of racing was impossible in Brazil, so I had to find a "serious" job instead of "watching cars go around in circles". Well, I have a successful "serious career", but please don't ask me if I am professionally happy...

Un abrazo, hombre. Hope to see you in a race track somewhere in the US one of these days.

Cheers,

Muzza