Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Jun 2011, 23:00 (Ref:2904511)   #51
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau1 View Post
Not this year he hasn't. Just look at the last two GPs, what has Nico done?
If you take fastest laps (just showboating anyway) out of Schummi driver comparison stats TGF and Brittany are not very far apart. Vettel and Webber though - WOW!
Old 24 Jun 2011, 13:26 (Ref:2905262)   #52
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There's a rumor on another site [allegedly originated from a source within MB F1] that Schumacher is about to leave the team. Time will tell if there's any truth in the story.
Old 24 Jun 2011, 14:11 (Ref:2905280)   #53
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Leave the team..?

Is that insinuating there's a possibility he could drive elsewhere?

Selby
Old 24 Jun 2011, 14:17 (Ref:2905282)   #54
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
There's a rumor on another site [allegedly originated from a source within MB F1] that Schumacher is about to leave the team. Time will tell if there's any truth in the story.
Interesting. Ferrari again ?
Old 24 Jun 2011, 14:20 (Ref:2905285)   #55
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
That's what I thought tbh. Hmm. Interesting!

Be incredible for merch etc. I suppose if Schuey did want to really aid Ferrari then he might accept it, but it really would be a dent on his overall achievements, perhaps.

Selby
Old 24 Jun 2011, 15:02 (Ref:2905300)   #56
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
would he be willing to displace Massa in the process? and who would Merc replace him with?

just when things are looking up for him it would be a shame if he called it a day now.
Old 24 Jun 2011, 15:29 (Ref:2905311)   #57
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Its a rumor only but this guy was fairly reliable about the goings on around the time of the Brawn/Honda 'transition'. Let's see.
Old 24 Jun 2011, 16:48 (Ref:2905351)   #58
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Have to say, i personally don't believe it, but time will tell.
Old 24 Jun 2011, 17:08 (Ref:2905361)   #59
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Ooh, I love a good rumour. It may be the only interesting thing that happens all weekend, so cherish it.
Old 24 Jun 2011, 17:18 (Ref:2905366)   #60
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Fair point

And great sig mate - I'm fed up of all these bloody investigations. You'll be under investigation for farting soon, I swear.

It's bloody racing!

Selby
Old 24 Jun 2011, 18:45 (Ref:2905410)   #61
Louis Agilais
Racer

Louis Agilais is a back marker
I heard the upcoming farting investigations can result in simple drive-throughs up to black flag, depending on intensity! (although it's just a rumour)
Old 24 Jun 2011, 19:13 (Ref:2905428)   #62
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Fair point

And great sig mate - I'm fed up of all these bloody investigations. You'll be under investigation for farting soon, I swear.

It's bloody racing!

Selby
Intresting point made during FP2 today. Crofty and Ant were talking about all the investigations and apparently, these are because the drivers have asked that everything be investigated, so we can't blame the FIA or stewards for it.
Old 24 Jun 2011, 19:16 (Ref:2905430)   #63
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's interesting, I didn't hear that (watched it with the sound down). I suppose people (drivers and fans) are just getting what they wished for.
Old 24 Jun 2011, 21:44 (Ref:2905496)   #64
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau1 View Post
Not this year he hasn't. Just look at the last two GPs, what has Nico done?
That's why I said "nearly".
Old 24 Jun 2011, 23:16 (Ref:2905524)   #65
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
That's interesting, I didn't hear that (watched it with the sound down).
Ah! So you do have a TV!

Quote:
I suppose people (drivers and fans) are just getting what they wished for.
We (the people) are also getting written explanations from the FIA. It doesn't seem to stop the mud-slinging though.
Old 24 Jun 2011, 23:21 (Ref:2905527)   #66
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Ah! So you do have a TV!
Not a TV.
Old 25 Jun 2011, 08:29 (Ref:2905621)   #67
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I watched it on iplayer on a laptop. I have found a loophole and I expect the FIA to close it soon.
Old 25 Jun 2011, 08:30 (Ref:2905622)   #68
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Ah! So you do have a TV!

I watched it on iplayer on a laptop. I have found a loophole and I expect the FIA to close it soon.
Old 25 Jun 2011, 08:51 (Ref:2905626)   #69
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

I think it says somewhere in the concorde agreement that Charlie Whiting is fully entitled to come round to my house with a cricket bat (and a tape measure) if I'm not watching F1 on the minimum requirement of a 42" HD TV setup. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Old 25 Jun 2011, 14:12 (Ref:2905731)   #70
Mr V
Veteran

England
Meanwhile, back on topic .......................
Old 25 Jun 2011, 14:16 (Ref:2905734)   #71
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pretty close today. Not much in it.
Old 25 Jun 2011, 17:45 (Ref:2905867)   #72
davyboy
Veteran

The BBC coverage viewers might have noticed that Ross Brawn said that the 'option' on Schumacher's contract was his and not Mercedes'. If the earlier rumor above is true, then it would appear to be Schumacher's decision rather than Merc's.

... and yes there was nothing between Rosberg and Schumacher today. Let's see if he can make one of his demon starts tomorrow.

There was also an interesting article by Mark Hughes on Schumacher's Canadian form in Autosport Magazine last week. In essence he said that Schumacher's race tactics and nous got him to where he was [as a tactician he has no peer... even today]... but on raw speed, he didn't seem to be a match for those he was fighting i.e. Vettel, Button, Webber - though it was hard to tell because the MB wasn't a match for the McLaren or the Red Bull either. I think that's a pretty fair summary of the situation.

Every time he's out, I still find it fascinating that a 42 year old man, somebody twice the age of Alguersuari, can get anywhere near the world's best in contemporary F1 machinery. It's truly amazing.
Old 25 Jun 2011, 18:47 (Ref:2905915)   #73
Louis Agilais
Racer

Quote:
The BBC coverage viewers might have noticed that Ross Brawn said that the 'option' on Schumacher's contract was his and not Mercedes'. If the earlier rumor above is true, then it would appear to be Schumacher's decision rather than Merc's.
Good to hear that.

Quote:
... and yes there was nothing between Rosberg and Schumacher today. Let's see if he can make one of his demon starts tomorrow.
It's like the third time in a row he's less than a tenth from Rosberg (or with a better time) on quali. If this trend of improvement continues, as expected, will a maiden podium (win?) be in reach this summer? My hopes are on the amazing drivers circuit that is Spa: it could be a nice surprise for the F1 world.

Quote:
(...)
Every time he's out, I still find it fascinating that a 42 year old man, somebody twice the age of Alguersuari, can get anywhere near the world's best in contemporary F1 machinery. It's truly amazing.
[/QUOTE]
for some reason he's achieved what he has. Will Mercedes-Benz, the company who first believed in him will be able to provide Schumi-Rosberg with a real competitive car towards the end of the season/next season? Will the fans be rewarded with a serious championship challenge in 2012 from a 43 year old legend? I hope it does, while I would prefer the title goes to a youngster like ros/massa/kubica. he has had enough.

Last edited by Louis Agilais; 25 Jun 2011 at 18:54.
Old 25 Jun 2011, 20:13 (Ref:2905967)   #74
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Agilais View Post
Good to hear that.
It's like the third time in a row he's less than a tenth from Rosberg (or with a better time) on quali. If this trend of improvement continues, as expected, will a maiden podium (win?) be in reach this summer? My hopes are on the amazing drivers circuit that is Spa: it could be a nice surprise for the F1 world.
Spa lost its appeal really. My bet would be Suzuka
Old 25 Jun 2011, 21:22 (Ref:2906001)   #75
Louis Agilais
Racer

yeah, you may be right.. Since 2000, I only remember watching an exciting race there, 2008