Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Oct 2019, 01:01 (Ref:3937013)   #51
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
Car 17 ruled out from this afternoon's race.

Are they simply not able to retrieve a spare chassis from their HQ, just up the road?
You might want to read the rule book about that champ. If it was allowed I'm sure they would do it.
Old 27 Oct 2019, 01:09 (Ref:3937014)   #52
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tickford were denied a spare chassis yesterday.

The car you enter, is the car you're stuck with for the weekend.

Personally, he's been pushing way too hard this weekend. The car's quick enough to pick up a decent amount of points. No sense in crashing it in almost every session.

If he loses the championship, it'll be due to this weekend.
Old 27 Oct 2019, 01:10 (Ref:3937016)   #53
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
Look at the chassis rail, and the front of the floor / bottom of the firewall. If this isn't the same result as the Mostert chassis I'll be very surprised, especially given the angle it went in at. Larko said it was a 40G hit, and Mosterts' was 30G.

Attachment 54312
The pilot looked quite ginger getting out of the car as well..

There is a spare in the shed for Sandown, but this is DJRTP’s ‘Golden Child’
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 27 Oct 2019, 01:18 (Ref:3937019)   #54
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Tickford were denied a spare chassis yesterday.

The car you enter, is the car you're stuck with for the weekend.

Personally, he's been pushing way too hard this weekend. The car's quick enough to pick up a decent amount of points. No sense in crashing it in almost every session.

If he loses the championship, it'll be due to this weekend.
Exactly. So far ahead on points no one else has a chance unless he snatches defeat from the jaws of victory. He's had so many wall scrapes this weekend, yet still didn't think to back it off 1 or 2%. Would probably still have made the podium and a stack of points. Still go lots to learn...............
Old 27 Oct 2019, 01:59 (Ref:3937025)   #55
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Surprised a car can somehow avoid tyres and hit bare concrete the way Scott did, I'd suggest that needs to be looked at.

And the Stanaway thing, wow the 'missing an autograph session' story has some whiskers on it.
Old 27 Oct 2019, 02:37 (Ref:3937029)   #56
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Ignore the smarty caption.. the exhaust system looks interesting...
The teams might be paying a few bob for some decent images...
Old 27 Oct 2019, 04:52 (Ref:3937046)   #57
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How would the teams feel with two Mustangs destroyed in front of one of the Ford family members and a member of the board of directors of the Ford Motor Company.
Old 27 Oct 2019, 05:44 (Ref:3937048)   #58
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 27 Oct 2019, 07:54 (Ref:3937061)   #59
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Congratulations to RBHRT... points gap reduced..
Old 27 Oct 2019, 08:14 (Ref:3937067)   #60
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Congratulations to RBHRT... points gap reduced..
Such a thrilling race, the Moto GP I mean!
Old 27 Oct 2019, 08:48 (Ref:3937071)   #61
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

At least he admits if he makes a mistake, goes to the blokes & blokettes & apologies and doesn’t live in the state of denial.... unlike many others...
Old 27 Oct 2019, 09:35 (Ref:3937074)   #62
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
At least he admits if he makes a mistake, goes to the blokes & blokettes & apologies and doesn’t live in the state of denial.... unlike many others...
Without a doubt, but he does seem to be making a few blues.

With so much uncertainty, it bothers me that guys like Todd and Andre Heimgartner might not have a seat when the music stops.
Old 27 Oct 2019, 18:27 (Ref:3937166)   #63
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Without a doubt, but he does seem to be making a few blues.

With so much uncertainty, it bothers me that guys like Todd and Andre Heimgartner might not have a seat when the music stops.
It can’t help Mr Hazelwood to have a copilot so slow that it ruins strategic choice. To give a car to the second driver knowing it will be next in the pits one or two laps further behind than when it was passed over cannot be much fun.. hence some uncharacteristic overdriving seems to show up.

If Mr Stanaway gets a full time Supercar gig next season and either/both these pair don’t, someone is probably looking at the wrong metrics to pick pilots...
Old 27 Oct 2019, 20:48 (Ref:3937188)   #64
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Ignore the smarty caption.. the exhaust system looks interesting...
The teams might be paying a few bob for some decent images...
Is there anything trick there’? Header to x pipe to muffler...
Old 27 Oct 2019, 21:01 (Ref:3937195)   #65
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
How would the teams feel with two Mustangs destroyed in front of one of the Ford family members and a member of the board of directors of the Ford Motor Company.
It’s racing. Cars crash on occasion.
Old 27 Oct 2019, 21:32 (Ref:3937201)   #66
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
4x2x1 long secondary pipes.
Old 27 Oct 2019, 22:12 (Ref:3937204)   #67
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It can’t help Mr Hazelwood to have a copilot so slow that it ruins strategic choice. To give a car to the second driver knowing it will be next in the pits one or two laps further behind than when it was passed over cannot be much fun.. hence some uncharacteristic overdriving seems to show up.
Totally agree, Overdriving trying to salvage any sort or result has caused a few blunders.
Old 28 Oct 2019, 03:13 (Ref:3937251)   #68
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
virtually the same as we had on our 1983 XE Falcon club racer
Old 28 Oct 2019, 18:35 (Ref:3937377)   #69
xrystl
Racer

Pitcairn Islands
gold coast
xrystl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Siamesed pipes (ballance pipe), I had a similar system on my Falcon GT back in the mid-seventies, was a custom made exhaust and was designed to boost low end torque, it worked quite well.
Old 29 Oct 2019, 04:16 (Ref:3937418)   #70
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just watched (skimmed) the Sat race last night and the Courtney/Heimgartner incident caught my attention, including JC's interview afterwards claiming if you have an overlap you don't have to lift when you hit another car. Obviously race control disagreed because he got a penalty (which Larko didn't mention), but I'd like to see the rule that says you are allowed to turn someone into the fence. Especially when he caused the circumstance where he was able to get his nose a few centimetres along side by tapping Heimgartner on corner exit and upsetting his car balance.

I can see the code of driving conduct section 3.7 saying you are allowed to use the full width of the track so long as no portion of the other car is alongside (aka 'a millimetre overlap'), but I wouldn't have thought that gives the other car license to keep into the throttle in the case of contact - that might breach 3.9 not permitted to gain advantage from contact. If you push a car out of your way you've gained an advantage!

Does anyone have an opinion on that?
Old 29 Oct 2019, 04:22 (Ref:3937421)   #71
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not 100% across the rules pertaining to the overlap, but Mr Courtney was basically into the rear bumper from corner exit to the point where Heimgartner belted the fence.

If there was an overlap, it must've been his hair obscuring his eyesight...
Old 29 Oct 2019, 05:13 (Ref:3937426)   #72
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More like the fake tan was starting to run, or hair gel obscured his vision!
Old 29 Oct 2019, 21:49 (Ref:3937542)   #73
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Video of Mr McLaughlin's shunt from ground level shows how big the hit was. Scotty is about 40 seconds in.

So pleased that the marshal right there wasn't hurt (as far as I know) but also a reminder of how quickly it all happens when you're right there on the spot.
Old 29 Oct 2019, 22:12 (Ref:3937546)   #74
Umai Naa
Veteran

Apparently a marshal did sustain a minor injury, however was able to return to duties later on in the day.
Old 30 Oct 2019, 08:22 (Ref:3937580)   #75
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
Why is that marshal standing there? The outside of a corner is never a good place to stand, for the exact reason that happened. Maybe if he was behind the second concrete barrier and the catch fencing, but not behind the primary concrete barrier and no catch fencing.