Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Mar 2010, 10:38 (Ref:2643924)   #1
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Liverpool to host F1 street show!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mot...ace-track.html

I'm going!
Old 3 Mar 2010, 10:40 (Ref:2643927)   #2
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I await further details...doesn't sound like one of those official parades they have in places like Rotterdam and Moscow. I question what "Formula One cars" stands for
Old 3 Mar 2010, 10:41 (Ref:2643928)   #3
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good stuff.

Whilst everyones out enjoying the F1 show, the scallys will be round everyones houses on the rob!

Defo up for the that (the F1 that is not going on the rob).

Another point... Isn't F1 about glamour, money, style and all that?? Which begs the question... Why Liverpool!

Last edited by MrTTraces; 3 Mar 2010 at 10:54.
Old 3 Mar 2010, 11:01 (Ref:2643946)   #4
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
£10 says the locals can have a set of wheels off quicker than an F1 crew.
Old 3 Mar 2010, 11:04 (Ref:2643947)   #5
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
I await further details...doesn't sound like one of those official parades they have in places like Rotterdam and Moscow. I question what "Formula One cars" stands for
Other articles mention that "The Strand" will be closed for some kind of parade, maybe joined by other cars such as the 2003 Le Mans winning Bently Speed 8.

http://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news...-f1-to-l1.html
http://www.clickliverpool.com/news/l...-of-power.html
Old 3 Mar 2010, 11:08 (Ref:2643949)   #6
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I predict a Virgin F1 car with held up with bricks

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 3 Mar 2010, 11:17 (Ref:2643953)   #7
Roths
Rookie

Roths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was this thread about a news item or a cue for a stereotypical regionalist attack???

Tut tut tut!!!!
Old 3 Mar 2010, 11:18 (Ref:2643954)   #8
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Of course Liverpool used to host the British Grand Prix. It also gave us Sid Watkins.
Old 3 Mar 2010, 11:33 (Ref:2643964)   #9
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roths View Post
Was this thread about a news item or a cue for a stereotypical regionalist attack???

Tut tut tut!!!!
A fair point.

My parents and only sibling are from Liverpool, so I regard myself as part-scouse. I was just trying to get the jokes in first, before Knowlesy and Ralf Fan get here
Old 3 Mar 2010, 11:47 (Ref:2643971)   #10
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Woo-hoo, I'm definitely going!!!!!

ps, shame on you guys perpetuating the stereotype of the no-good Scousers, we are not all like that!!

Ok ok, just messing with you, there are an enormous amount of scals here who think it's hilarious when I say 'Excuse me please' when I want to get passed.
Old 3 Mar 2010, 15:46 (Ref:2644119)   #11
ChrisPage
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
ChrisPage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MOre to the point the artocle says there will be a 100mph JCB. Whats not to love about a 100mph JCB?
Old 3 Mar 2010, 15:52 (Ref:2644122)   #12
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPage View Post
MOre to the point the artocle says there will be a 100mph JCB. Whats not to love about a 100mph JCB?
Sounds like a Top Gear challenge.
Old 3 Mar 2010, 15:58 (Ref:2644125)   #13
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Sounds great. I'll definately be going.

How about a JCB vs Michael Shcumacher drag race?
Old 3 Mar 2010, 16:03 (Ref:2644130)   #14
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Presumably it's the JCB GT which has been around a while - remember seeing it on TG back in the 90s

Old 3 Mar 2010, 16:08 (Ref:2644133)   #15
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Or the JCB that set the diesel land speed record a couple of years ago?
Old 3 Mar 2010, 16:18 (Ref:2644140)   #16
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
That does a bit more than 100 mph
Old 3 Mar 2010, 16:49 (Ref:2644155)   #17
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
That does a bit more than 100 mph
An official record of 350mph in round figures I believe, however although it was built by JCB I am pretty sure it is not what most of us mean when we use JCB as a noun (meaning a vehicle not a company) the JCB GT though is pretty close!
Old 3 Mar 2010, 16:51 (Ref:2644157)   #18
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
one would hope superleague had something to do with it as well, considering liverpool won the championship in 09 and the first round of the 2010 season is at silverstone at the start of april.
Old 3 Mar 2010, 17:04 (Ref:2644165)   #19
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There has been suggestions of a display/parade through Liverpool for a number of years but nothing seems to have come to fruition, although a few years ago there was an event at the Aintree GP circuit. The Liverpool Motor Club is still very active at Aintree and I think may have been involved in the earlier proposed Liverpool Parade, but the Aintree Circuit Club has recently been re-invented and is trying to get some sort of car racing back at the old circuit. Hopefully if anything does happen, these 2 clubs will be involved as they know an awful lot of people in the area who could do a lot to make it work.

Last edited by Alan Raine; 3 Mar 2010 at 17:11.
Old 3 Mar 2010, 17:26 (Ref:2644178)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At least the noise will drown out the whiney, world-against-us scousers.
Old 3 Mar 2010, 17:30 (Ref:2644185)   #21
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well luckily F1 cars no longer use those bizarre hubcaps.
Old 3 Mar 2010, 17:37 (Ref:2644187)   #22
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
should be interesting!
Old 3 Mar 2010, 18:40 (Ref:2644230)   #23
DanShenise
Racer

United States
Atlanta, via St. Pete Beach
DanShenise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They gonna try to run over Hicks and Gillett? Now that would sell tickets!
Old 3 Mar 2010, 18:48 (Ref:2644238)   #24
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRamone View Post
I predict a Virgin F1 car with held up with bricks
A rare sight indeed. A Virgin in Liverpool.
Old 3 Mar 2010, 19:11 (Ref:2644247)   #25
tux1234
Racer

tux1234 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why all the bashing towards the people of liverpool?