Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Dec 2018, 14:52 (Ref:3872805)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
HSCC Finals (Siverstone)

The annual HSCC 'Finals' meeting.
Old 9 Oct 2019, 16:53 (Ref:3932950)   #2
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Time this thread was moved to the front page.
I see from the HSCC website that the timetable and entry lists have been published but being a bit of a luddite I can't transfer on to here.
Our own Rude Ernst is going to be a busy chap driving 4 different cars in 7 races over the weekend. Well done that man.
Old 9 Oct 2019, 18:45 (Ref:3932970)   #3
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to it, much as I dislike Sillystone from a spectating point of view I am hoping to be there Saturday and Sunday.
Old 9 Oct 2019, 19:31 (Ref:3932975)   #4
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Link to Timetable, Entry List.

https://hscc.org.uk/event/silverstone-finals-3/
Old 9 Oct 2019, 20:04 (Ref:3932981)   #5
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Thanks, Will. I knew a youngster would be along soon.
Old 9 Oct 2019, 20:27 (Ref:3932986)   #6
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Last motorsport event of the season for me, will be on the terrace both days.
Old 9 Oct 2019, 20:38 (Ref:3932987)   #7
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Last motorsport event of the season for me, will be on the terrace both days.
What! No Birkett? Surely you will be there, six hours of (soaking wet) fun.
Old 10 Oct 2019, 11:21 (Ref:3933096)   #8
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Time this thread was moved to the front page.
I see from the HSCC website that the timetable and entry lists have been published but being a bit of a luddite I can't transfer on to here.
Our own Rude Ernst is going to be a busy chap driving 4 different cars in 7 races over the weekend. Well done that man.

Yes, we are pushing the boat out a bit, as its my last race of the season.

I am looking forward to having a go in the Mitter DKW

RuE
Old 16 Oct 2019, 12:35 (Ref:3934952)   #9
mark77
Rookie

mark77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ticket request

Hi, being cheeky has anybody got a spare ticket for this weekend?

thanks

Mark
Old 16 Oct 2019, 14:43 (Ref:3934967)   #10
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have

can be picked up Friday at the circuit

Rudolf
Old 16 Oct 2019, 18:22 (Ref:3935014)   #11
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will be there Sunday, camera in hand
Old 16 Oct 2019, 19:46 (Ref:3935028)   #12
Tim Barry
Racer

United Kingdom
Rainham, Kent, UK
Tim Barry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tony and I will be there for the whole weekend (goo!) from Friday with our Trojan F5000.
Old 16 Oct 2019, 19:47 (Ref:3935029)   #13
Tim Barry
Racer

United Kingdom
Rainham, Kent, UK
Tim Barry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Barry View Post
Tony and I will be there for the whole weekend (goo!) from Friday with our Trojan F5000.
Bloody predictive texts! Should have said hopefully not goo!!!
Old 19 Oct 2019, 18:01 (Ref:3935664)   #14
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A cold Sillystone but good racing, the FF1600 and FF2000 both crackers. More of the same tomorrow.
Old 19 Oct 2019, 19:27 (Ref:3935679)   #15
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
A cold Sillystone but good racing, the FF1600 and FF2000 both crackers. More of the same tomorrow.
Absolutely agree on both counts, the grids for the FFord 2000's recently have been a credit to the organisers in resurrecting what was a defunct series and yes it was bl..dy freezing sat in BRDC grandstand but thrilling nevertheless
Old 19 Oct 2019, 19:35 (Ref:3935681)   #16
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Getting out more layers as we speak ...
Old 19 Oct 2019, 20:38 (Ref:3935692)   #17
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Getting out more layers as we speak ...
It was OK when the sun came round and warmed the lower half of the stand. Colder tomorrow I guess..I thought it a really good day - the National circuit is so much better for a spectator because the lap is so short. Even a grid of 20 looks busy enough. The view from the stand is pretty good too - at least by Silverstone standards, the paddock was full of lovely stuff and you get to park right alongside. Excellent value as well at £15 for the weekend, booked in advance. Looking forward to Sunday
Old 20 Oct 2019, 17:10 (Ref:3935891)   #18
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to the HSCC for an excellent meeting.
Old 20 Oct 2019, 20:26 (Ref:3935934)   #19
brands
Veteran

Nice way to end my season.

Unimpressed with the actions of Silverstone in fencing off 2/3rds of Luffield terrace and the infield from Luffield to Brooklands for the "Experience" punters. A mid morning arriving HSCC spectator was told by the security at the main gate that Luffield terrace was closed and to drive over both bridges and use the BRDC grandstand.

As a paying punter I was not happy, neither were members of Silverstone Racing club season ticket holders losing much of the spectating area.

If that is the policy when I return in the Spring then the circuit will be crossed off my calendar.
Old 20 Oct 2019, 20:48 (Ref:3935940)   #20
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
I didn't get to Luffield until lunch time having been round at Club and Becketts earlier. I simply walked on to the "punters" section as usual near the sausage vendor.

I only found the locked gate in the fence when I wanted to then move round to the exit of Luffield. Rather than walk the long way round, I managed to climb over the fence where it was thankfully low enough. Mind you but then the punters had largely gone.

Just a little inconvenient for me but rather unnecessary. On the other hand, some "eff wun" punters (huge assumption there, oops !) might have been turned on to historics, especially if they saw the brilliant FF race.

Otherwise, an enjoyable day and galleries will be posted on Flickr in due course and notified here.
Old 20 Oct 2019, 20:51 (Ref:3935941)   #21
mark77
Rookie

mark77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands - yes agree on the fencing, it looks permanent to me and guess only moved for gp and classic. Silverstone have never really helped spectators I don’t understand why all banks are closed to cars
Anyway back to this meeting - some good entries and races. What has happened to the saloon series ? Entry seemed very small and no imps
Ruldolf thanks for ticket
Mark
Old 20 Oct 2019, 21:21 (Ref:3935950)   #22
brands
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
I didn't get to Luffield until lunch time having been round at Club and Becketts earlier. I simply walked on to the "punters" section as usual near the sausage vendor.

I only found the locked gate in the fence when I wanted to then move round to the exit of Luffield. Rather than walk the long way round, I managed to climb over the fence where it was thankfully low enough. Mind you but then the punters had largely gone.

Just a little inconvenient for me but rather unnecessary. On the other hand, some "eff wun" punters (huge assumption there, oops !) might have been turned on to historics, especially if they saw the brilliant FF race.

Otherwise, an enjoyable day and galleries will be posted on Flickr in due course and notified here.

I can get over the fence where the disabled area is with ease but we saw several shorter people struggle and it's only a matter of time before someone ends up on the concrete with arm or head damage. Then H & S will kick in.

I'm not sure whether the idea is to keep us spectators away from that area or to keep the Experience punters from escaping after their show as they are meant to buy a entry ticket if they wish to watch the motor racing post the Experience, if a minor meeting is running. If it's a major meeting you have to buy a ticket for both to gain access regardless.

The VSCC Spring start is usually my first Sillystone event of the year, so they have plenty of time to answer my email questions

As to the HSCC meeting, some cracking racing and most of the grids were a decent size. I look forward to the pics.
Old 20 Oct 2019, 21:44 (Ref:3935953)   #23
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Thankfully a dry day today but cold throughout. The Formula Ford 4 way dice for the lead brought a loud collective gasp from the BRDC stand crowd as one of the Merlyns took to the grass in a big way approaching the braking area on the last lap but the driver saved it magnificently. He got a standing ovation on the slow down lap.
The Guards Trophy race was interesting as Mike Gardiner's Griff held the Chevron B8 and Lotus 23 at bay until a safety car interlude. How he fell back to 5th at the end was a mystery.
Old 20 Oct 2019, 22:26 (Ref:3935955)   #24
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Thankfully a dry day today but cold throughout. The Formula Ford 4 way dice for the lead brought a loud collective gasp from the BRDC stand crowd as one of the Merlyns took to the grass in a big way approaching the braking area on the last lap but the driver saved it magnificently. He got a standing ovation on the slow down lap.
The Guards Trophy race was interesting as Mike Gardiner's Griff held the Chevron B8 and Lotus 23 at bay until a safety car interlude. How he fell back to 5th at the end was a mystery.
I think he was sharing with Josh Cook ( BTCC) in the Griffith.
Old 20 Oct 2019, 23:45 (Ref:3935962)   #25
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
He was.
Still a mystery as they fell from 1st to 5th.