Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 May 2019, 23:58 (Ref:3903599)   #1626
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The BBC still has no commitment to motor racing? Apart from originally getting the coverage of F1 to the point where not only every race, but every qualifying is live! It may have waned since, or at least the cost became higher than what they could justify.
Old 14 May 2019, 09:48 (Ref:3903662)   #1627
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They still push it at every possible opportunity on 5 live, probably because that costs them a few million aswell as the races are live on there.

But current F1 on radio is even more dull than it is watching live or on telly.

it simply is not a sport most sane people will watch at the moment, most other sports are significantly better. And I count every sport in that, let alone the fact most motorsports are better too.
Old 15 May 2019, 15:58 (Ref:3903970)   #1628
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
The BBC still has no commitment to motor racing? Apart from originally getting the coverage of F1 to the point where not only every race, but every qualifying is live! It may have waned since, or at least the cost became higher than what they could justify.
They do have Formula E on the iPlayer. Vernon Kay is awful on the coverage though - anyone that thinks Steve Jones doesn't add anything to the Channel 4 coverage should take a look at the Formula E coverage - that's the best advert for what he brings to Channel 4. The difference is night and day.
Old 15 May 2019, 16:21 (Ref:3903975)   #1629
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
They do have Formula E on the iPlayer. Vernon Kay is awful on the coverage though - anyone that thinks Steve Jones doesn't add anything to the Channel 4 coverage should take a look at the Formula E coverage - that's the best advert for what he brings to Channel 4. The difference is night and day.
The average age difference in the audience between the two is massive though. F1 is late 50's whereas FE has massive growth in the 13 to 17 age group.

I find both good at what they do. I'm not interested in a front man with good technical knowledge. I want him to bring out the character of the drivers and experts which both do well IMO with their respective audiences.
Old 15 May 2019, 17:04 (Ref:3903982)   #1630
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wow. Do you have a source for the average age thing? (I don’t disput it, but would like to look into it more).

That is great for FE.
Old 15 May 2019, 18:08 (Ref:3904000)   #1631
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
I find both good at what they do. I'm not interested in a front man with good technical knowledge. I want him to bring out the character of the drivers and experts which both do well IMO with their respective audiences.
Interesting - I'd have said that Jones blows Kay into the weeds - he just seems more on top of what's going on around him and in control of the situation, Vernon seems to always be several steps behind what's going on and trying frantically to catch up.
Old 15 May 2019, 18:16 (Ref:3904001)   #1632
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm the opposite. I do enjoy FE, but I find the coverage pretty poor. I much prefer a more technical look at things. Kay is fine, but he looks like he's putting on an act and isn't that interesting really. He's not really a motorsport guy is what I take away from it.

I much prefer the more in-depth look at things.
Old 21 Jun 2019, 13:57 (Ref:3913322)   #1633
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
eurghhhhh

Is anyone else finding the constant battle to be the most OTT witty and sarcastic smart ass between Croft and Kravitz increasingly grating?!

Amusing cut away during FP2 when as Croft chuckled at his latest pearl of wisdom the camera cut to Franz Tost on the pit wall exhaling heavily

Unfortunate coincidence!
Old 21 Jun 2019, 16:38 (Ref:3913364)   #1634
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Thankfully without sky I don’t have to suffer like you do, James!
Old 14 Jul 2019, 09:13 (Ref:3917471)   #1635
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I've had to come on here to say what a great job I think Whisper Productions are doing with their Live coverage of The British Grand Prix.
I recorded the free practice programmes and watched what I could of them yesterday. Unfortunately I couldn't devote the time to watch them in their entirety (which is one of the many reasons stopping me from subscribing the Sky), so did fast forward through quite a bit of the track action, but what I did see of that they had certainly gone to town with it using extra presenters and having DC & MW out and about around the circuit appeared to work very well. The two things that really stood out for were the Billy Monger interview with Lando Morris & George Russel, plus the Wolff meets Southgate section.
The three young guns obviously appear to get on really well, the banter between them seemed very natural, but the questions asked and answers given were very interesting and all three of them came across brilliantly.
I have no interest in football, but again the interaction between Toto & Gareth was very interesting. I'm sure that they had prior knowledge of the questions so that they could formulate their answers but the similarities between the two jobs and their approaches to it were fascinating, but they also appeared to be interested in each others opinions too.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 14:01 (Ref:3917533)   #1636
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David Croft - “what a terrific race”. Has he studied at the Donald Trump school of perspective? ! Average at best I reckon
Old 14 Jul 2019, 14:03 (Ref:3917535)   #1637
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
David Croft - “what a terrific race”. Has he studied at the Donald Trump school of perspective? ! Average at best I reckon
Terrific race I reckon, and we're only at the halfway point when you posted that.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 14:27 (Ref:3917549)   #1638
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First F1 race I've watched for nearly three years and if this is supposed to be a terrific race I would question what other motorsport people are watching. Yes there's been a couple of good wheel to wheel moments but I've watched many GT races where you get that for several laps at a time. I detest the DRS.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 14:30 (Ref:3917551)   #1639
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
First F1 race I've watched for nearly three years and if this is supposed to be a terrific race I would question what other motorsport people are watching. Yes there's been a couple of good wheel to wheel moments but I've watched many GT races where you get that for several laps at a time. I detest the DRS.
I watch Blancpain, VLN, ELMS, WEC, IMSA and Formula E. I think it's been terrific.
Edit: and BTCC. I knew I missed something.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 14:38 (Ref:3917557)   #1640
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
TV Director would do well to stop concentrating on the crowd. Multiple times today when something exciting happened we cut to the crowd and they adjusted the microphone levels to amplify the cheers. One time we cut to the crowd and they weren't cheering, but the volume suggested they were.

It's weird. Stop it. We want to watch the race. We know what's exciting. We don't need the sporting equivalent of a laugh track to tell us what's fun.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 15:03 (Ref:3917569)   #1641
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I dont miss live F1 coverage at all, that was a really dull spectacle again.
The most exciting part between Bottas and Hamilton and the director was showing images of the crowd.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 15:20 (Ref:3917577)   #1642
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Admittedly it was a bad call made during a live broadcast in real time...but they showed replays of it almost right away.

Was not a big deal for me.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 17:12 (Ref:3917631)   #1643
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
having watched Formula e, GT races, BTCC, Indycar in recent times. ... this is just a bit boring, and doesnt serve as 2hrs entertainment. Even without the bad cut aways, the "racing" is terrible, as has been said Ch4 were quick to tell us how terrific it was but it was anything but!
Old 14 Jul 2019, 17:21 (Ref:3917632)   #1644
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
having watched Formula e, GT races, BTCC, Indycar in recent times. ... this is just a bit boring, and doesnt serve as 2hrs entertainment. Even without the bad cut aways, the "racing" is terrible, as has been said Ch4 were quick to tell us how terrific it was but it was anything but!
In comparison to what normally passes for an F1 GP, I thought it was good up until the SC.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 22:01 (Ref:3917704)   #1645
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
TV Director would do well to stop concentrating on the crowd. Multiple times today when something exciting happened we cut to the crowd and they adjusted the microphone levels to amplify the cheers. One time we cut to the crowd and they weren't cheering, but the volume suggested they were.

It's weird. Stop it. We want to watch the race. We know what's exciting. We don't need the sporting equivalent of a laugh track to tell us what's fun.
Yep. Some moves weren’t over and they cut to the crowd. Plenty of time to show them after. It isn’t like tennis were you have time between points. The race is still on.
Old 15 Jul 2019, 09:29 (Ref:3917783)   #1646
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I enjoyed the live coverage C4 provided and yes the Wolff/Southgate programme was worth watching.

I too wish they wouldn't cut to the crowd in the middle of the action
Old 15 Jul 2019, 09:40 (Ref:3917786)   #1647
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Be thankful you have TV coverage,none here.Oh they did have one nano second of Lewis Hamilton crossing the finish line on the free to air sports news.
Old 15 Jul 2019, 22:10 (Ref:3917941)   #1648
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
The cut to the crowd at a critical moment was very stupid.

I hate audience/family shots at the best times.

It was a fine race. I wouldn't have wanted much more.
Old 16 Jul 2019, 17:20 (Ref:3918034)   #1649
loon
Racer

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only race shown live all season and everybody was watching the cricket !! haha
Old 16 Jul 2019, 18:05 (Ref:3918040)   #1650
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by loon View Post
The only race shown live all season and everybody was watching the cricket !! haha
It was the World Cup but I watched both.

Tags
pinks