Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 19 Jan 2015, 16:15 (Ref:3494135)   #1501
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well it's erm different.
Old 19 Jan 2015, 16:28 (Ref:3494137)   #1502
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And the BHF surface area rule?
Old 19 Jan 2015, 16:36 (Ref:3494139)   #1503
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
And the BHF surface area rule?
Good question... It does look pretty small in surface area.

EDIT: The 3000cm2 requirement may be achieved thanks to the fact that there is no air intake for the engine on top of the cockpit, thereby allowing the fin to extend forward and thereby meet the minimum surface area requirement

Last edited by MyNameIsNigel; 19 Jan 2015 at 16:49.
Old 19 Jan 2015, 16:46 (Ref:3494140)   #1504
blankfile
Racer

blankfile should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
Talking about wheel dimensions, is it just an optical illusion or are the rear wheels smaller in diameter compared to the front wheels ?
I don't think it is a optical illusion. They really went for the lower drag by decreasing rear wheel cover hight
Old 19 Jan 2015, 17:03 (Ref:3494142)   #1505
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it does look weird indeed....
Old 19 Jan 2015, 17:19 (Ref:3494143)   #1506
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's going to take a lot of time for me to get used to this thing. But it has me interested! Can't wait to see it officially unveiled.

SIDENOTE: As someone who played Sports Car GT, this car immediately reminded me of the Rattlesnake, albeit they don't look that similar.
Old 19 Jan 2015, 17:27 (Ref:3494146)   #1507
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
Good question... It does look pretty small in surface area.

EDIT: The 3000cm2 requirement may be achieved thanks to the fact that there is no air intake for the engine on top of the cockpit, thereby allowing the fin to extend forward and thereby meet the minimum surface area requirement
3000cm² (0.3m²) isn't actually that large, it's only ~4.8 sheets of A4 paper. So even with the intake in its "regular" place there isn't a huge amount of surface area that needs to be found. On more conventional (mid-engined) LMP1s the engine cover drops off much sooner, but the regulations state that the space left has to be taken up by the BHF. Some more clever thinking from Mr. Bowlby and his design team

As for the rear wheels, it's hard to tell with these angled shots but to my untrained eye they do look a couple of inches smaller in diameter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Many incl me may have thought that the modern regs of have brought LMP1 to more standardized outlook than couple of years ago but this proves that versatility is still there if you want it. And without lobbying special rules from the organizer as was feared.
Words cannot do justice to how much I agree with this statement. I just hope that it shows some measure of success and that the adage of originality for its own sake doesn't turn out to be the case here.

Last edited by J Jay; 19 Jan 2015 at 17:35.
Old 19 Jan 2015, 17:29 (Ref:3494147)   #1508
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The car is way better then a expected :-)

With such a clean design and with obvious clues of the road GT-R… this car is IMHO …AMAZING.

Finnaly some ordinary people could say ( about LMP1 prototypes)…"OH!!! That´s a NISSAN". The car is easily connected to the brand. I think that is good for the ordinary FANS

My congratulation´s to the DESIGNER(S) of this awesome car… it´s beautiful.

With the right color scheme it could be even better...
Old 19 Jan 2015, 17:49 (Ref:3494148)   #1509
cokata
Veteran

cokata should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting. All the rumurs confirmed. Looks way better than i thought.

About the wheels, don't smaller diameter wheels if all else is equal have more rolling resistance?
Old 19 Jan 2015, 17:54 (Ref:3494150)   #1510
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And to think we laughed at that Jalopnik render...

I'm worried I'm that car's mother because I'm the only one who seems to like its looks!
Old 19 Jan 2015, 18:05 (Ref:3494152)   #1511
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post

I'm worried I'm that car's mother because I'm the only one who seems to like its looks!
Old 19 Jan 2015, 18:08 (Ref:3494154)   #1512
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
Finnaly some ordinary people could say ( about LMP1 prototypes)…"OH!!! That´s a NISSAN". The car is easily connected to the brand. I think that is good for the ordinary FANS
It's good for fans in a sense that it is recognizable and original from the other competitors. And what I said in post #1495. However, if you show that car to Billy Bob on the street he will have no idea what or who's is it. Even if you ask someone driving Nissan street car or Nissan fan in general, how exactly is this going to tell you it's Nissan (and GT-R on top)? It's different, but still prototype for LMP1 rules, not GT1 in LMP1...
Old 19 Jan 2015, 18:08 (Ref:3494155)   #1513
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
From what I can see, I like the look of it, TBH, but will it be able to outrun the Joker, the Riddler and Two Face

Just saw posts about Frye. If true, good for hiim!
Old 19 Jan 2015, 18:09 (Ref:3494156)   #1514
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Maybe you are. Did you have a thing for this car's father, the AMR-ONE?
Old 19 Jan 2015, 18:27 (Ref:3494163)   #1515
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/exclus...o-l-1673335696
Man looks like jalopnik was right back in December with this render,looks very close to the test shots they posted today.so they are now three for three with future car renders with this nissan,the new mustang,and the new corvette,they got the renders near spot on before anyone had ever seen the cars.good for them to bad the rest of the website isn't as good.

Car looks good,now I don't have to wait for the Super Bowl comercial.
Old 19 Jan 2015, 18:30 (Ref:3494164)   #1516
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm not sure I like how it looks, but it's a very different approach and design freedom is what makes LMP1 awesome.

It's not the beauty of, say, a Panoz LMP1 Roadster, but it's pretty cool anyway!
Old 19 Jan 2015, 18:39 (Ref:3494167)   #1517
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can not decipher in the images,
Is it more narrow in the rear?
Old 19 Jan 2015, 18:40 (Ref:3494168)   #1518
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/exclus...o-l-1673335696
Man looks like jalopnik was right back in December with this render,looks very close to the test shots they posted today.so they are now three for three with future car renders with this nissan,the new mustang,and the new corvette,they got the renders near spot on before anyone had ever seen the cars.good for them to bad the rest of the website isn't as good.

Car looks good,now I don't have to wait for the Super Bowl comercial.
Jalopnik was right with their "render" because they used photos of the car to "render" it from.

Jalopnik is gonna find themselves un-invited to pressers.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 19 Jan 2015, 18:43 (Ref:3494170)   #1519
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Like most things about the GT-R LMP1 there is an element of conditioning here. It's not as if the R18, TS040 & 919 are particularly beautiful, but we're used to the mid-engined rear wheel drive layout that has been the staple of top circuit racing series for a couple of generations. So when something different pops up it's immediately noticeable, and usually because of how different or "wrong" it looks.

Let me put it this way - if the basic layout sticks around, I'll probably get used to it.
Old 19 Jan 2015, 18:43 (Ref:3494171)   #1520
cdsvg
Racer

Australia
cdsvg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Judging by the width of the rear wing relative to the bodywork, it doesn't appear to me to be narrower at the rear, other than a slight taper to the upper rear fenders. However the rear wing could be less than 1900mm wide.
Old 19 Jan 2015, 18:46 (Ref:3494172)   #1521
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All,

Im new to the forum, but have been reading various threads for months.

One thing I'm wondering is why have we seen the 'Red coloured car spy shots' now a series of black photos. 2 different cars?

Also interested in the fact there is no openings or vents on the sides plus behind the front wheels.
Old 19 Jan 2015, 18:48 (Ref:3494173)   #1522
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
At the least, it sounds good!

http://youtu.be/QxnVH4ug9yo
Old 19 Jan 2015, 19:02 (Ref:3494177)   #1523
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like a delta wing (edit) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC9V6zxZ62I ZEOD engine sound similar??

Last edited by YorkshireLad; 19 Jan 2015 at 19:08.
Old 19 Jan 2015, 19:05 (Ref:3494178)   #1524
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
Jalopnik was right with their "render" because they used photos of the car to "render" it from.

Jalopnik is gonna find themselves un-invited to pressers.
If they got pictures of the car last year already, why would they have waited for so long to publish real images now... and in any case, who cares how they did the 'renderings', they were right.

We have all laughed at Jalopnik, me included, for being useless as what they do most of the time but here they've uncovered something others haven't - or haven't dared to. But someone needs to dare. You know if it wasn't for John Dagys trying to find scoop, the idiots over at IMSA and NASCAR probably wouldn't have announced the North American buyout until December 2013 or something when everyone had already made plans for the next ALMS & Grand-Am seasons that were not gonna exist.
Old 19 Jan 2015, 19:09 (Ref:3494182)   #1525
miatanut
Veteran

United States
Seattle
miatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
At the least, it sounds good!

http://youtu.be/QxnVH4ug9yo
I like it! It sounds like racing cars used to sound before they all turned into wailing banshees.