Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 9 Nov 2019, 00:05 (Ref:3939321)   #676
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Supernationals are actual cars unlike RX2 and built upon regular car chassis. 2400 is the maximum allowed size of the engine in that class while Supernational can run anything, although I think they have to add weight to compensate depending on how big engines they run.

And yes, you can mix cars and engines however you like. Otherwise there would just be Volvos and some BMWs.

I don't know the costs of running a supernational but I can't imagine them being too high really. The cars are fairly simple, you can run stuff yourself and they are fun to drive. Tommy Rustad for example went to supernational after quitting STCC and before doing Supercars again.
Old 9 Nov 2019, 07:43 (Ref:3939376)   #677
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
1975DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cars are up to 100k I’ve heard and budgets above that...
Old 10 Nov 2019, 13:37 (Ref:3939702)   #678
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would think very few supernational cars are that expensive honestly

Maybe new build, but not second hand, you can buy them for 30=60k

And running costs are limited up there to transport and tyres I would think.

100k is a lot of money and you could run a cheap supercar on that too.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 13:44 (Ref:3939705)   #679
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I assumed the Supernationals are pretty expensive.

Shame the Touring car class didn't have more power and larger saloon shape cars. I think in that case it would be more populair, at least at the public.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 13:55 (Ref:3939706)   #680
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mad finish to the season, so tense.

Would've preferred Bakkerud or Gronholm to win tbh, there's something about the Hansen family I just find a bit creepy.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 14:40 (Ref:3939711)   #681
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
Would've preferred Bakkerud or Gronholm to win tbh, there's something about the Hansen family I just find a bit creepy.
With four wins Timmy is certainly a deserving Champion but, like you, I just haven't warmed to him. I'd use the word "forced" rather than "creepy": Kenneth is a legend, but I find the way the Brothers (and Susan) conduct themselves in front of the camera as awkwardly over-the-top and unnatural.

Gutted for Bakkerud: if only Timo had lasted until the end. Gronholm should have been Champion though, damn his appendix!
Old 10 Nov 2019, 15:00 (Ref:3939717)   #682
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pritty much same from me, was really hoping for Andreas to win but congratulations to Timmy.

On a slightly different note, here's a look to the future. At Lydden Hill on Saturday there was a small winter series meeting with one interesting addition, a full electric Rx car. See what you think of the future that's coming soon.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...08337509320684
Old 10 Nov 2019, 16:45 (Ref:3939730)   #683
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That was close at the end, lucky for Timmy he kept the car going. Bakkerud so close, if only he could have got in front of Gronholm, who has really emerged as a star this season
Old 10 Nov 2019, 17:54 (Ref:3939744)   #684
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
With four wins Timmy is certainly a deserving Champion but, like you, I just haven't warmed to him. I'd use the word "forced" rather than "creepy": Kenneth is a legend, but I find the way the Brothers (and Susan) conduct themselves in front of the camera as awkwardly over-the-top and unnatural.

Gutted for Bakkerud: if only Timo had lasted until the end. Gronholm should have been Champion though, damn his appendix!
Bakkerud would have beaten Gronholm if he wasn't pushed into the wall by Timmy. Seems unfair for Timmy to benefit from that.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 21:16 (Ref:3939785)   #685
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
Bakkerud would have beaten Gronholm if he wasn't pushed into the wall by Timmy. Seems unfair for Timmy to benefit from that.
No guarantee that Bakkerud would have held off Gronholm, but I do agree that it seems unfair, especially as less severe contact has been punished this season.

Makes it even more frustrating that Bakkerud threw a podium away in France now...
Old 10 Nov 2019, 23:38 (Ref:3939823)   #686
Hi Low
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cumbria
Hi Low should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
World Rallycross 2019

Good clean racing all day, Track limit markers well managed some people would disagree ?, should be enforced more on other tracks. Final well biggest let down, force full driving on the first lap by Hanson what for no wonder Andreas Backkerud looked well p---- o---- on the podium. Where has the race craft gone it could have been a fantastic race. Good event win for Gronholm
Old 11 Nov 2019, 19:22 (Ref:3940010)   #687
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Like the clip of the aggressive Peugeot mechanic in Latvia, this could be a selective bit of editing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Bakkerud (via RX Cartel Instagram)
I may not have won the title, but I’ll always respect my rivals. It’s a shame they don’t live by the same code

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4u8yQ5D8lQ/
...or it might explain just why Andreas looked so hacked off on the podium.
Old 11 Nov 2019, 19:53 (Ref:3940017)   #688
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It may be they thought he was, rightly, about to complain about Timmy's driving standards. Either way cements your view that these guys are hard to warm to.
Old 11 Nov 2019, 21:24 (Ref:3940034)   #689
hoffman66
Racer

To be honest none of them are easy to like.

Both Andreas and Timmy are very aggressive, what i call nasty drivers st times.

And both lack a lot of class,

This is a not a big series, all the money has gone, yet you have a grown man crying, he hasn't beaten anyone of note. And I also can't remember his Dad or any of the other greats being so classless, he wouldn't even look Bakkerud in the eye, and the crap from Kevin was very classless too.

Fair enough, beat Loeb Petter, Johan, etc you can do that, but beating your brother and another guy like you is nothing to shout about to be honest.

All looked a bit tacky, there is clearly no love between the teams, I imagine Doran being there does not help either side.
Old 11 Nov 2019, 22:08 (Ref:3940045)   #690
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bakkerud made a small mistake and payed a big price for it. Timmy is aggressive but this is rallycross and Bakkerud knows how to dish it out. This has blown up because it's almost becoming tribal in who people support and a bad us vs them mentality. Andreas has a bigger following and he is using (or at the very least not cooling down) that support against anyone he faces.

However, I don't think either deserved the championship. In my eyes Gronholm should have won. He finished just 25 behind and Joni Wiman scored 39 in the 2 rounds he missed so it's easy to imagine Niclas scoring a similar amount. Hopefully next year he can do it.
Old 11 Nov 2019, 22:47 (Ref:3940053)   #691
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Kevin H is the classless of them all, on and off the track. Bakkerud has pulled some dirty moves and isn't very apologetic about it, I think you're right that Doran and the entourage help culture that. Timmy is generally quite clean on the track, I think yesterday's race was pure rallycross, but it's his off track that I dislike.

I'm also of the opinion that Gronholm would've been a more deserving winner, and I'd love to see Timur winning more because he strikes me as a genuinely nice guy (if a tad aggressive on the track)
Old 12 Nov 2019, 00:33 (Ref:3940067)   #692
hoffman66
Racer

Not sure how you can call Timmy clean, for me Kevin reminds me of his Dad, Timmy is far more aggressive, obviously you watch a different sport to me lol!
Old 12 Nov 2019, 09:17 (Ref:3940129)   #693
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffman66 View Post
Not sure how you can call Timmy clean, for me Kevin reminds me of his Dad, Timmy is far more aggressive, obviously you watch a different sport to me lol!
Timmy is aggressive but, with the odd exception, generally clean, I can't think of many examples beyond Holjes against Ekstrom where I've felt he was well over the mark. Certainly I'd say he's no dirtier than Andreas and Doran, and I'm a Bakkerud fan.

I think Kevin is the dirtiest driver on the grid, he's like Gordon Shedden in the way he bumps from behind or swerves into people
Old 12 Nov 2019, 19:31 (Ref:3940233)   #694
hoffman66
Racer

I am not fan of any of them to be honest

I quite like Scheider coz he is clean and decent, and I enjoyed Abbring when he came over.

But the top guys are arrogant, overly aggressive and need to grow a pair and be like their peers were before them, have some class.
Old 21 Nov 2019, 12:55 (Ref:3941922)   #695
Silhuette
Racer

Silhuette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is something amiss about the handling of Bakkeruds protest post final. Timmy is making aggressive moves in the start and the contact that puts him in the wall looks intentional. Looking at his positioning going into the turn, the line he takes up the inside isn't a viable line unless he plans to bounce off Bakkerud.

The way it is described in the media, apparently marshals then call Kevin as a witness despite Timur being between them at the time. Kevin who is obviously extremely biased, yet they decide on the matter without involving other witnesses.

This feels like a clear case of nice guys finish last; Bakkerud hasn't announced his 2020 plans yet while the Hansens pulling out might hurt the seies. There has always been politics in TX, but this just feels bad and makes me even less interested in the sport.

On the upside, Bakkeruds vid from the event is really good. I might just follow him through whatever he picks next year.

Even more disturbing - I find myself taking a liking to Liam. Lol.
Old 22 Nov 2019, 22:40 (Ref:3942233)   #696
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
I was hoping that the latest episode of Bakkerud Life might focus a bit more on the post-race process, but they didn't seem to discuss it too much.

Some interesting snippets in there though: didn't seem like Timur thought it what happened in the final was fair? And Kevin Hansen was called as the witness for the incident? That doesn't seem entirely fair if true?