Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 24 Aug 2019, 11:26 (Ref:3923985)   #1
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mallory - Marshals Post Toilets

Sitting here in Race Control for a No Limits bike trackday watching Portaloos being unloaded behind Marshals posts, whatever next, training?

Last edited by The Fat Clerk; 24 Aug 2019 at 11:39.
Old 26 Aug 2019, 18:49 (Ref:3924256)   #2
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thet seem to have missed Post 7.
Old 26 Aug 2019, 20:40 (Ref:3924270)   #3
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's because it's on the infield and has the Paddock toilet block nearby as well as the Café.
Old 29 Aug 2019, 11:51 (Ref:3924631)   #4
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Sitting here in Race Control for a No Limits bike trackday watching Portaloos being unloaded behind Marshals posts, whatever next, training?
Toilet training?
Old 29 Aug 2019, 12:37 (Ref:3924653)   #5
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Toilet training?
Correct in one
Old 4 Sep 2019, 14:13 (Ref:3925796)   #6
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Another 6 have just been delivered (Formula E Test Day), let's where they go.
Old 27 Sep 2019, 12:19 (Ref:3930375)   #7
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Sketch will be pleased to hear that Post 7 now has a Portaloo.
Old 28 Sep 2019, 12:07 (Ref:3930553)   #8
Stuart H
Veteran

England
Wellingborough
Stuart H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Sketch will be pleased to hear that Post 7 now has a Portaloo.
And it saved my little legs from walking across the paddock to use the loo!
Old 5 Oct 2019, 13:10 (Ref:3932075)   #9
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Talking to the marshals who were on post for yesterdays No Limits bike trackday, we've got a new game for you - count the flies
Old 2 Jan 2020, 23:00 (Ref:3949561)   #10
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They empty porta loos by simply shoving a big suction hose down the bowl.

At the Albert Park F1 several years ago the post I was at had a porta loo which was used during the event set up so rather full before we got there on Thursday and after 2 days of complaining it was finally emptied.

Trouble is it was mid an F1 session and the flag post was down wind leaving the comms person tied to the loop and me as flag senior trapped and not able to escape the smell.

I think even the F1 drivers changed lines going past for a few laps as well.
Old 3 Jan 2020, 16:36 (Ref:3949706)   #11
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Very similar to Santa Pod, the 2 four day FIA meetings have huge crowds, most of whom camp on site. There are three sets of permanent (!) wooden structures & rows of 'Porta Loos' which are reqularly emptied by a couple of artic tankers, the whiff makes your eyes water as much as the nitro fuel in the cars.
Old 13 Mar 2020, 15:32 (Ref:3963880)   #12
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Spotted the new loos yesterday.

And today - right in the middle of many of my photos!

Some extra work is required to minimise their appearance in the images.

It was a missed opportunity not to make them Mallory Green - or at least have them all the same colour!

Also noticed the new work on the outfield from the hairpin down to Devil's elbow.

The infill has in many ways improved things for spectators I suppose (as have the new sections of concrete paving from the entrance gate) but the extra few feet of elevation has somewhat compromised a few photography options that were pretty much unique to Mallory.

Yep, I know, a vested personal interest of course ... except that is suddenly occurred to me that the armco barrier is now more of a retaining wall for the soil infill.

I have always thought that the point of armco was that it had some measure of deformability for impact absorption or, in severe cases, some give from the support mountings.

Presumably that becomes impossible when lined and backfilled. Or is the safety aspect just reduced? Does it not matter so much any more because other safety factors are more pertinent?