Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 4 Sep 2019, 19:51 (Ref:3925868)   #1
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
SennaTheGreat has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
F1 Manager 2001 (EA Sports)

Recently picked up a copy to have a bash with when at work (HGV driver). Just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for adding teams & engines into the files?

Also, would like to unlock the Ferrari engine in game files so it can be used by other teams.
Old 13 Oct 2019, 17:38 (Ref:3934109)   #2
Pekki
Rookie

Pekki should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You have to open people.txt file in the game directory, and then find the entry for the Ferrari engine.

There are a couple of lines there that should be associated with the info "exclusive to Ferrari". If I remember correctly, either deleting those lines or replacing those lines with 0 should make the engine become available for all teams.

You can look at how the other engine entries are structured and deduce it from there.

On a side note, congrats for the purchase - that is an awesome game if you're a fan of 1990s/ early 2000s F1! Let me know how your career progresses and if you managed to fix that Ferrari engine thing!
Old 24 May 2020, 15:54 (Ref:3978085)   #3
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
SennaTheGreat has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekki View Post
You have to open people.txt file in the game directory, and then find the entry for the Ferrari engine.

There are a couple of lines there that should be associated with the info "exclusive to Ferrari". If I remember correctly, either deleting those lines or replacing those lines with 0 should make the engine become available for all teams.

You can look at how the other engine entries are structured and deduce it from there.

On a side note, congrats for the purchase - that is an awesome game if you're a fan of 1990s/ early 2000s F1! Let me know how your career progresses and if you managed to fix that Ferrari engine thing!

Ferrari and Arrows engines still locked to said teams. Tried deleting, and changing all to 0 and remove text saying exclusive to Ferrari etc. New to personalised modding 😂😂