Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 30 Jul 2019, 07:02 (Ref:3920350)   #1
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
DRIVEN - An Elegy to Cars, Roads and Motorsport

...is my third book , but the first on this subject. It is published on Friday by Veloce.

It is a big read -157 ,000 words and covers a lot of ground. It is autobiographical (teenage marshal stuff , high jinks in Sevens etc ) , includes reflections on and critique of F1 over the 40 odd years I have been addicted and also covers the delights of long road trips,my doomed love affair with Ferrari and some NASCAR adventuring for good measure.

But there's more! Possibly of the most interest to tentenths folk is an account of a year in British motorsport. I attend over 20 events, from Goodwood to banger racing , BTCC to vintage trials and drag racing to rallycross etc. I interview as many people as possible, from weekend warriors in historics to teenage drag racers, from BTCC racer to former F1 drivers, from a 70s Le Mans winner and a WTCC winner to one Guy Martin .

More on Amazon or Veloce , or my own website www.refugeoftheroads.co.uk

Yes , this is blatant self promotion , but as the book has cost me 900 hours of time, 6000 miles of driving, countless phone calls etc and as nobody except JK Rowling makes money out of books you might be able to forgive me
Old 30 Jul 2019, 11:48 (Ref:3920388)   #2
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
...is my third book , but the first on this subject. It is published on Friday by Veloce.

It is a big read -157 ,000 words and covers a lot of ground. It is autobiographical (teenage marshal stuff , high jinks in Sevens etc ) , includes reflections on and critique of F1 over the 40 odd years I have been addicted and also covers the delights of long road trips,my doomed love affair with Ferrari and some NASCAR adventuring for good measure.

But there's more! Possibly of the most interest to tentenths folk is an account of a year in British motorsport. I attend over 20 events, from Goodwood to banger racing , BTCC to vintage trials and drag racing to rallycross etc. I interview as many people as possible, from weekend warriors in historics to teenage drag racers, from BTCC racer to former F1 drivers, from a 70s Le Mans winner and a WTCC winner to one Guy Martin .

More on Amazon or Veloce , or my own website www.refugeoftheroads.co.uk

Yes , this is blatant self promotion , but as the book has cost me 900 hours of time, 6000 miles of driving, countless phone calls etc and as nobody except JK Rowling makes money out of books you might be able to forgive me
Your high pressure sales technique has worked on me, I'll be sending my £12.99 to Amazon for a copy later!
Good luck with the sales
Old 1 Aug 2019, 12:20 (Ref:3920651)   #3
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Update! Mr Amazon has told me that my book will be delivered on Wednesday. I will post a review of my thoughts once I've read it (which may not be until the end of the month).
Old 1 Aug 2019, 17:46 (Ref:3920695)   #4
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Enjoy - already on Kindle, and official publication is tomorrow . Started writing it at 9 am, 1 January 2017 so it's bubbly at Maison Coppice tomorrow !
Old 30 Aug 2019, 15:48 (Ref:3924852)   #5
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Update! Mr Amazon has told me that my book will be delivered on Wednesday. I will post a review of my thoughts once I've read it (which may not be until the end of the month).
Just coming to the end of a relaxing week's holiday in Devon. I brought two books with me to read, The Self Preservation Society (The Italian Jobe being my all-time favourite film), and Driven - an elegy to cars, roads and motorsport.
I decided to start reading Driven first and found it easy reading, amusing and quite informative. Being of the same generation as the author (I'm a couple of years younger), a lot of his thoughts, opinions and interests (from Vulcan Bombers to the Radio One Funday at Mallory Park in the 70's) were in-line with mine.
I say 'go out and buy a copy' it'll be £12.99 well spent!
Old 14 Sep 2019, 17:33 (Ref:3927942)   #6
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
Glad you enjoyed the read; Had a good review in Classic Cars and a cracking one on speedreaders.info so far .