Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 22 Aug 2019, 01:06 (Ref:3923694)   #126
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Well Nascar has finally realized Buschwakers were killing off driver development in both Trucks and Grand National cars. Cup drivers with 3 years experience can't run more than 5 races in both series, sounds like they mean combined in both. I don't think it will help much now but the usual Nascar plan, bolt the door after the horse has run away.
Too little too late.
Old 22 Aug 2019, 21:07 (Ref:3923807)   #127
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Too little too late.
Hey, maybe the horsey will come back now that they've closed the door. And jacked the cost of racing through the roof in all series
Old 23 Aug 2019, 14:30 (Ref:3923884)   #128
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Kyle will cry.

Still it's not good for the guys in those series to be beaten regularly by "better" drivers from Cup. Demoralizing I imagine. A few times a year lets them see how they measure up to the Cup boys.
Old 1 Sep 2019, 22:26 (Ref:3925294)   #129
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Was actually hoping to watch the Southern 500 tonight but looks like mother nature is winning.
Old 2 Sep 2019, 02:03 (Ref:3925315)   #130
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Getting ready to go green. Cool liveries this evening. The Bubba Wallace - Adam Petty tribute is the nicest but these are my favorite. Honoring Cole Trickle and remembering Dan Gurney's AA Celica
Old 2 Sep 2019, 02:56 (Ref:3925321)   #131
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Chase got his car looking like Pop's (or grandad's):

Old 2 Sep 2019, 20:25 (Ref:3925463)   #132
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
A lot of these throwback schemes mean little to me as they're from periods before I was into NASCAR. Some pretty cool looking motors I do have to say all the same.

William Byrons 24 is my favourite, probably as I can relate to the movie and also because I think the Chevy is the best looking of the current cars. I liked the motor Jr ran in xfinity too. Simple and bright. Think I might have to treat myself to a diecast (or two!)
Old 3 Sep 2019, 13:46 (Ref:3925599)   #133
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think it's good to show the history. Good liveries never get old. It's hard to choose a favourite, it depends what the liveries means to you. Bet there are plenty of models out there of NASCAR cars
Old 6 Sep 2019, 07:49 (Ref:3926144)   #134
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
So Indianapolis next. Is it just me, or are NASCAR races here dull and dreary affairs? Tracks like Bristol and Darlington I always enjoy watching - whereas I find Indy so dull I have no intention of watching.
Old 6 Sep 2019, 08:03 (Ref:3926148)   #135
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
CarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This season has been slightly better than the last few imo

I wouldn't be sad to see Johnson miss the chase however.

But yeah I agree about Indy being dull, we also had the shambolic affair a few years ago when the tyres kept blowing every 10 laps. Not a NASCAR track for me and surprised it's being moved to the last race before the chase
Old 6 Sep 2019, 11:46 (Ref:3926185)   #136
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
CarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Kyle will cry.

Still it's not good for the guys in those series to be beaten regularly by "better" drivers from Cup. Demoralizing I imagine. A few times a year lets them see how they measure up to the Cup boys.
Totally agree and I think NASCAR has finally got it right. No doubt Kyle will clean up in the races he does run though
Old 6 Sep 2019, 13:48 (Ref:3926216)   #137
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The Brickyard 400 should be run with two chicanes.
Old 6 Sep 2019, 20:32 (Ref:3926261)   #138
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
The Brickyard 400 should be run with two chicanes.
Nah. More power. Less grip in the corners.

There's still a part of me that thinks Indy should just be for OWs but we're well beyond that at this point.
Old 9 Sep 2019, 13:40 (Ref:3926910)   #139
Ground Effect
Rookie

Australia
Martin, WA
Ground Effect should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to see Stewart Haas have dialed in their cars after a slow start. I can tell you now that Harvick will be a force as we get into the business end of the season.

Pretty impressed with Newman getting in the play off's as well. Amazing to think that if you wind it back to 2005, half the play-off field was made up of ROUSH equipment (Biffle, Edwards, Martin, Kenseth and Busch). Man they were the good old days when Jack had those Ford's bossing the line. Newman obviously driving a Penske Dodge back then. Food for thought.
Old 9 Sep 2019, 18:12 (Ref:3926966)   #140
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
I tuned in for the last dozen or so laps. Kevin Harvick was in a different zip code to whoever came home second.

Looked dull as anything what I saw!
Old 10 Sep 2019, 02:57 (Ref:3927042)   #141
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I tuned in for the last dozen or so laps. Kevin Harvick was in a different zip code to whoever came home second.

Looked dull as anything what I saw!
I did the same and thought the same aside the crazy side drafting for a couple of laps. That got the heart racing and I'm sure the 20,000 people there were thrilled on restarts.
Old 17 Sep 2019, 18:43 (Ref:3928561)   #142
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I'm just here to hate on Kule Busch.

https://twitter.com/NASCARonNBC/stat...698441729?s=19

https://twitter.com/zack_albert/stat...766392321?s=19

From here
https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/09...-races-in-cup/

I see Kyle ran into the back of someone, but it's never his fault. I did watch a few laps and Kyle was hugging the wall the whole time. Not on this lap, though.

What a clown!
Old 17 Sep 2019, 20:59 (Ref:3928579)   #143
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
His spotter did tell him where the 52 was going to be, but the 52 wasn't there. Somebody screwed up communication and KB got wrong info.

However these NASCAR cars are big chunky things. If KB was looking out of the windshield he may have thought "flipping car there, best move left or right or slowdown". Did none of these.

Also the 18 looked OK to me after that kiss? What was screwed up on it?

I haven't watched any of the race as I think Vegas is a crap track, right up there with Indy on the crapometer. Only seen KB stropping at reporters and the bump with the 53. Er, 52...
Old 18 Sep 2019, 12:05 (Ref:3928676)   #144
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
His spotter did tell him where the 52 was going to be, but the 52 wasn't there. Somebody screwed up communication and KB got wrong info.

However these NASCAR cars are big chunky things. If KB was looking out of the windshield he may have thought "flipping car there, best move left or right or slowdown". Did none of these.

Also the 18 looked OK to me after that kiss? What was screwed up on it?

I haven't watched any of the race as I think Vegas is a crap track, right up there with Indy on the crapometer. Only seen KB stropping at reporters and the bump with the 53. Er, 52...
I think there was another incident where he got into the wall b/c of the other guy and had a tire go down.

And for the spotter, that's good for blind spots, stuff behind you and wrecks. It's like he was driving looking at his phone...

But I hate the younger Busch sister, so i'm totally biased.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 17:47 (Ref:3931133)   #145
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I know that Nascar draws caution flags when a driver sneezes, but Charlotte was beydon the usual ridiculousness.
Old 13 Oct 2019, 21:26 (Ref:3934191)   #146
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
New stock car debuted at Talladega today.
https://mobile.twitter.com/PorscheNA...58235266863105

They actually did set the car to specs closer to Daytona and yes, it was the car from Petit. They reset it and drove it out there this morning.
Old 13 Oct 2019, 21:58 (Ref:3934198)   #147
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Given the rain at Dega I've been watching some modifieds running at Thompson. Close respectful racing, being on the wrong side of the pond I've no idea where Thompson is or who any of the guys are, but they certainly put on a good show
Old 13 Oct 2019, 23:44 (Ref:3934225)   #148
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Given the rain at Dega I've been watching some modifieds running at Thompson. Close respectful racing, being on the wrong side of the pond I've no idea where Thompson is or who any of the guys are, but they certainly put on a good show
I believe there's a few 10ths posters or ex posters that regularly attend events and/or even help teams that compete at Thompson.
Old 14 Oct 2019, 04:10 (Ref:3934261)   #149
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yas! Thompson is a grand olde circle track, built in 1922 I think. Matt from Connecticut would know for sure. A few years ago they recently re-branded and rebuilt much of the outfield road circuit that dated back to the 1950s with a few revised corners and sections, a lot of money's been put into that project and practically none went into the existing oval which, in my honest opinion, is looking dated these days.

Anyway, enjoy this aerial.

Old 16 Oct 2019, 18:43 (Ref:3935016)   #150
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Nice, thanks for that. The tarmac did look very patched and old in places, cars didn't seem to mind, all looked nicely settled, hooked up and quick. I'm definitely going to watch more of these guys now I've found them

Fanschoice.tv by the way, free stream, good quality.