Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 19 Sep 2019, 21:22 (Ref:3928973)   #76
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
I heard that. We rent a uhaul van. There are enough people involved so the split on the cost isn't so bad.

If y'all feel like it, after night practice on Thursday, head on over for a visit. We do movie night. (which really means drunk folks slouched in chairs staring at a screen)

we're easy to find. Outside turn 10a. this is our whole group:

I'm more concerned about what that toxic weird green sh-tuff is over there? Never seen that at Road Atlanta before, it's weird and probably carcinogenic so I stay away
Old 19 Sep 2019, 23:55 (Ref:3928993)   #77
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I found new food to bring, just warm on the grill and mmmmm, good
Old 20 Sep 2019, 23:03 (Ref:3929174)   #78
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I found new food to bring, just warm on the grill and mmmmm, good
Yikes, that is all you!
Old 20 Sep 2019, 23:12 (Ref:3929175)   #79
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
What about this "classic"meal? Especially with it being a Weight Watchers meal. Mmmm, the 50s and 60s had GREAT gourmet cooking and it's all shelf stable to bring camping
Old 21 Sep 2019, 01:08 (Ref:3929186)   #80
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great Mail day today!
Old 21 Sep 2019, 01:33 (Ref:3929189)   #81
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Man, we add up the 18x18s and JHammy's RV spot and that's a lot of area. And I'm guessing we use it all
Old 21 Sep 2019, 02:12 (Ref:3929192)   #82
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
show & tell time....

anyone get gear or a cool addition to the campsite for this year?
We just got a couple more ez ups, chairs and LED light strings. Mainly stuff to replace what the storm pummeled last year.
I have to buy a new cooler but I haven't yet.
Old 21 Sep 2019, 17:42 (Ref:3929261)   #83
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wrong thread! PLM!!
Old 21 Sep 2019, 18:17 (Ref:3929267)   #84
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Great Mail day today!
I got the same delivery just today!!
Old 23 Sep 2019, 20:29 (Ref:3929772)   #85
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Alright fellas....

https://www.almanac.com/weather/longrange/GA/Atlanta
OCTOBER 2019 LONG RANGE WEATHER FORECAST FOR SOUTHEAST
Dates Weather Conditions
Oct 1-7 Sunny, turning warm
Oct 8-11 Rainy, mild
Oct 12-16 Sunny, cold

Oct 17-28 Sunny, turning warm
Oct 29-31 Rain, then cool
October temperature 66° (2° above avg.)
precipitation 2" (2" below avg.)

https://weather.com/weather/monthly/...3c57427e0a1458
Old 23 Sep 2019, 22:30 (Ref:3929793)   #86
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Say that r-word again and I'm getting a haircut over your pillow sir.
Although I like the cool and 60s part.
Old 23 Sep 2019, 22:35 (Ref:3929794)   #87
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not havin it

Sent using my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator
Old 23 Sep 2019, 22:46 (Ref:3929795)   #88
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Let's stick with this one. Says chance of t storm early Saturday, then partly cloudy all day

Old 23 Sep 2019, 22:48 (Ref:3929796)   #89
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
See what u done did?
I was doing well not thinking about weather stuffs.
Back to therapy for me i suppose

Old 23 Sep 2019, 23:38 (Ref:3929799)   #90
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I'm just hoping for less than 90 at this point honestly, this shyt is getting old cause this calendar with temps is bs and I'm not a fan
Old 24 Sep 2019, 02:46 (Ref:3929812)   #91
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
The greatest thing about weather is there's not a damn thing you can do about it so let's all just...

And yes, broad, just turn off the damn heat already!!
Old 24 Sep 2019, 11:22 (Ref:3929866)   #92
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Old 25 Sep 2019, 01:45 (Ref:3929992)   #93
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Well i don't care about the weather, but i did just order a Peach pass to maybe save 10 minutes in traffic on my drive. I'm almost getting the itch to start making my packing list. I make the same list every year and tell myself i'm going to just make it digital so i never have to make it again. Yet i haven't. last year i kept my paper list for months so i could type it in, but i have no idea where it went.
Old 25 Sep 2019, 02:13 (Ref:3929995)   #94
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Well i don't care about the weather, but i did just order a Peach pass to maybe save 10 minutes in traffic on my drive. I'm almost getting the itch to start making my packing list. I make the same list every year and tell myself i'm going to just make it digital so i never have to make it again. Yet i haven't. last year i kept my paper list for months so i could type it in, but i have no idea where it went.
I've been getting worse and worse about actually using my list the last couple years. Most of my kit is in the exact place I dropped it after the Mitty, I think the beer cooler still has a few in it I didn't really like. I need to clean the canopy screens this weekend maybe but I was thinking about heading up for the Historics this weekend on Saturday. Camping gear check instead is better use of the day and hit the almighty interwebs for anything missing.

I've been thinking a bit and have decided the year is much more water and ice tea and less beer. I've been bringing home beer the last few races so no need to buy that much. Now bourbon and rye? Oh there will be more of that thank you. And guess I should prep and freeze the pork belly for our roast, I'm thinking Thursday evening but could hold it for race day too. Figured Friday was still steak night. I'll bring cake and brownie stuff to make something good for Saturday night.

Two weeks from this evening I'll be trackside after setup and watching the pilot challenge guys practice and some beetles I'm guessing. Already have the days blocked off at the office so everyone else can cover my sh-stuff.
Old 25 Sep 2019, 02:17 (Ref:3929996)   #95
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I've been getting worse and worse about actually using my list the last couple years. Most of my kit is in the exact place I dropped it after the Mitty, I think the beer cooler still has a few in it I didn't really like. I need to clean the canopy screens this weekend maybe but I was thinking about heading up for the Historics this weekend on Saturday. Camping gear check instead is better use of the day and hit the almighty interwebs for anything missing.

I've been thinking a bit and have decided the year is much more water and ice tea and less beer. I've been bringing home beer the last few races so no need to buy that much. Now bourbon and rye? Oh there will be more of that thank you. And guess I should prep and freeze the pork belly for our roast, I'm thinking Thursday evening but could hold it for race day too. Figured Friday was still steak night. I'll bring cake and brownie stuff to make something good for Saturday night.

Two weeks from this evening I'll be trackside after setup and watching the pilot challenge guys practice and some beetles I'm guessing. Already have the days blocked off at the office so everyone else can cover my sh-stuff.
It's getting real now isn't it? My guest bathroom is currently at slab and studs status with none of the major stuff delivered yet, so no bathtub, toilets, vanities etc. my inlaws are staying here starting Nov 4. Basically there is no way they won't be peeing directly into the floor drain at this point.

But on the plus side, friday steak night sounds good! Also, I will be bringing boudin, which is a typical breakfast food here, but if y'all want to eat it as an appetizer one night that is fine with me too.
Old 25 Sep 2019, 02:49 (Ref:3930002)   #96
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
It's getting real now isn't it? My guest bathroom is currently at slab and studs status with none of the major stuff delivered yet, so no bathtub, toilets, vanities etc. my inlaws are staying here starting Nov 4. Basically there is no way they won't be peeing directly into the floor drain at this point.

But on the plus side, friday steak night sounds good! Also, I will be bringing boudin, which is a typical breakfast food here, but if y'all want to eat it as an appetizer one night that is fine with me too.
Only if it's boudin noir.

Our drop dead date now is Veterans day weekend, we host the Friendsgiving early dinner that weekend and need counters before then. And my God quartz is f'ing expensive, $72/sqft for the stuff she wants. And there's way too many squares in this kitchen.
Old 25 Sep 2019, 11:32 (Ref:3930048)   #97
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I'm officially done with house projects as they are not a good use of my time. To prove it, there's a lightbulb in a vanity that I've refused to change for about 2 months now.
Quote:
I make the same list every year and forget to add something every year. I didn't think about saving or typing it as making the list is a part of my process. Trust the process.
Old 25 Sep 2019, 15:42 (Ref:3930072)   #98
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
This is the 1st year that I made a google docs spreadsheet.
It's shared with all the folks involved.
Every possible little thing is on there. If it's something we already own it's indicated, & also shows whosw house it's at
If it's something that is still needed to buy, there is a name indicating who needs to get it.
It sounds like a lot, but we have a lot of people at our site and they come from Georgia & Florida, so it makes stuff very easy.

IT'S GETTING REAL
Old 25 Sep 2019, 17:26 (Ref:3930084)   #99
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It sounds like a lot, but we have a lot of people at our site and they come from Georgia & Florida, so it makes stuff very easy.

IT'S GETTING REAL
And... I guess I don't count...

Old 25 Sep 2019, 20:22 (Ref:3930114)   #100
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
And... I guess I don't count...

Since you won't be there on Wednesday, it would be pretty $hitty to ask you to buy a bunch of stuff for the campsite for us to use until you get there on Friday.
That being said, I fully expect the moonshine pickles & some German dishes.