Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 1 Aug 2001, 00:00 (Ref:124527)   #1
Ed G
Racer

Ed G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Helio and Yellow cars?

Did everyone else see that little out take of Helio playing cars with that little kid?

Correct me if I am wrong but the car they were playing with was a Jordan!!!

Does this mean that Helio may be in talks with Jordan for next year? Has anybody heard anything along those lines.

Of course it could be that the car was owned by the kid and Helio just decided to play with him... but I wonder if maybe Helio was giving the car to the kid after getting it from Jordan.... they are short one driver and maybe need two new faces for next year.
Old 1 Aug 2001, 12:24 (Ref:124715)   #2
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I personally would love to see a guy like Castroneves do well in F1, but I wonder if he is just too much of a nice guy for F1. I think he has the talent to do the job, maybe not be champion, but I think he would make a fine driver, but could he handle the pressure? Nice guys either get destroyed in F1 or become *******s. I can't see him as an *******.

F1 is much more than just racing. Every F1 driver that comes to CART or races in sports cars all say the same thing after their very first event. It is so relaxing and fun to go and just race and not deal with all the BS that is part and parcel of the F1 circus. The very first words from Johnny Herbert's mouth after racing at the Sears Point ALMS event was how much fun he had, how much caraderie there was among the competing drivers, and how much less pressure it was to perform. He said that everyone in F1 is insular and won't talk or just hangout at the track like a bunch of guys who like racing. Instead they are all sequestered in the motor homes or poring over the latest telemetry data or whatever.

A guy like Castroneves looks like he wants to have some fun, enjoy the weekend at the track and go out and race, but I don't think that is being serious enough for F1.
Old 2 Aug 2001, 02:56 (Ref:125049)   #3
Jimmyz360
Rookie

Jimmyz360 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i was like was that a jordan car he was playing with? cuz i like jordan ...but i dont like F1. I think F1 is not even racing...because of the lack of racing that it involves...you guys were talking about Helio in F1...hell no...if your not in ferrari, mclaren, and now williams...your nothing.
I think he was playing with that car is because CART isnt as commercialized as F1...with hundreds of die casts and shirts that read "Helio" like f1 is to "schumi"