Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 4 Mar 2014, 08:59 (Ref:3374795)   #26
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I had my Quietunes on too - same as Tony. Who said the art of conversation was dead - Pascal just looks bemused!
I remember : you were talking about a guy of RLM whose comments were not very pertinent.

Last edited by PascaLM; 4 Mar 2014 at 09:04.
Old 4 Mar 2014, 19:51 (Ref:3375027)   #27
nkoske
Racer

United States
Bay Area, CA
nkoske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just wear a pair of earbuds with foam. Allows me to listen to RLM and takes the edge off a tad.

I've been meaning to try this at some point, just haven't gotten there quite yet.
http://www.howtogeek.com/57481/how-t...-ear-monitors/

Here's another...same general idea
http://makezine.com/projects/custom-fit-earbuds/
Old 4 Mar 2014, 22:07 (Ref:3375096)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
I remember : you were talking about a guy of RLM whose comments were not very pertinent.
Quite probably Pascal!
Old 4 Mar 2014, 22:43 (Ref:3375104)   #29
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkoske View Post
I just wear a pair of earbuds with foam. Allows me to listen to RLM and takes the edge off a tad.

I've been meaning to try this at some point, just haven't gotten there quite yet.
http://www.howtogeek.com/57481/how-t...-ear-monitors/

Here's another...same general idea
http://makezine.com/projects/custom-fit-earbuds/
And another http://www.greatsolutions.com/made-up-ear-plugs.html
Old 4 Mar 2014, 22:54 (Ref:3375105)   #30
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brico View Post
1. 3M Work Tunes (formerly Peltor)
2. Elvex Quiet Tunes 660
Thanks for the suggestions. I might give these a go this year.
I usually have the earplugs inside ear defenders solution with a small FM dedicated radio. Works OK, but the wire is annoying.

It is good to look after your ears, although I didn't try too hard when the race was louder. However the main reason nowadays is for drowning out that 'commentary' in the grandstands. It's not like in the old days when it added to the atmosphere, now it destroys it. Horrible shouty man, that doesn't get any better even if you can work out what he is saying. It seems French commentary has gone the same way as English.

TOM KristenSSSENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

At the suggestion of others here last year I reduced my RLM intake. However in the grandstand I still had my ear defenders on. Also while close to the track for protection reasons. When watching, but not right on the edge of the track it was nice to be free of defenders and the radio to soak it up.

Those look like good suggestions, although they don't see that easy to get hold of in the UK. I'd like to try before buying and there not high street stuff?
Old 5 Mar 2014, 09:13 (Ref:3375273)   #31
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
TOM KristenSSSENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!
Bruno Vandesstick's comments are useful for the live coverage. You cannot miss anything, even without phones and beeing in the meddle of the village. He raises is voice when something important is happening :

"- Et maintenant David Waldron pour les commentaires en anglais.
- Thank you Bruno. After three hours we have at the lead the Audi #1 driven by Emanuele Pirro, Frank Biela and Tom Kristensen. At the second position just behind, we have the Peugeot #7 driven by...
- HA, JE VOUS INTERROMPS DAVID, CAR LA PEUGEOT NUMERO HUIT S'ARRETE ! CE N'ETAIT PAS PREVU, HAHAAAAAA !? Y AURAIT-IL UN PROBLEME ??? Je rends la parole Ã* David.
- Thank you Bruno, well the Peugeot #8 has just stopped in the pits, we haven't news so far. So, at the second position, we have the Peugeot #7 driven by...
- HAAAAAAAAA ! LA PEUGEOT NUMERO HUIT EST RENTREE DANS SON STAND, LA PEUGEOT NUMERO HUIT EST RENTREE DANS SON STANNNNNNNND !!! QUE SE PASSE-T-IL ? Je rends la parole Ã* David.
- Thank you Bruno, well the Peugeot #8 has just been entered in its box. So, at the second position, we have the Peugeot #7 driven by......"

etc, etc...

So I switch between Radio 24 Heures and RLM, depending the phases of the race. But after the end, I always cover my ears because of Vandestick's exagerations with his TOM KristenSSSENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN and Emanuele PiROOOOOOOOOOOOOO !
During the race I just have earbuds because of the reduction to 110 db.

Last edited by PascaLM; 5 Mar 2014 at 09:22.
Old 5 Mar 2014, 13:15 (Ref:3375343)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I got my Quietunes from the US. Seemed to be the only supplier at the time. Had them 4 years. Cost me about £70. Worth every penny, IMO.
Old 6 Mar 2014, 17:46 (Ref:3375853)   #33
brico
Rookie

brico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbrico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks folks

For the input. I ordered a pair of both to try them on to see what fits and sounds better.

Looking forward to the trip in June.

Brian
Old 11 Mar 2014, 20:53 (Ref:3377540)   #34
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
..."- Et maintenant David Waldron pour les commentaires en anglais.
Old 11 Mar 2014, 21:49 (Ref:3377568)   #35
aki13
Racer

aki13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never been to Le Man, but I have been to Grand Prix and various lower level motorsports in the UK and to be honest I never wear any ear protection.

That said I often use a radio and thus the ear plugs take the edge off at times.

I love the noise of events like this and don't like having it blocked out personally.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 10:54 (Ref:3377741)   #36
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Radio in ear buds for track time, not to dull the sound really just to hear the radio, works an is comfortable for long periods.

However I have taken to buying some in ear buds for the campsite at night, come Friday it starts to get, shall we say hectic?
Old 12 Mar 2014, 14:23 (Ref:3377822)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeah, it's like that for us, eh James and Tony.........
Old 12 Mar 2014, 17:12 (Ref:3377866)   #38
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
Radio in ear buds for track time, not to dull the sound really just to hear the radio, works an is comfortable for long periods.

However I have taken to buying some in ear buds for the campsite at night, come Friday it starts to get, shall we say hectic?
I have used ear plugs to sleep in the campsite for years
Old 12 Mar 2014, 18:56 (Ref:3377909)   #39
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I have used ear plugs to sleep in the campsite for years
Same here, on HA campsite you can' t sleep if you are not using them.
Do you need them if you are nampy pampy? What noises could there be in a hotel
Old 12 Mar 2014, 19:14 (Ref:3377915)   #40
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
In a french hotel!
Old 13 Mar 2014, 19:20 (Ref:3378329)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well I'm sure Tony and James must need to - my snoring is legendary.......
Old 13 Mar 2014, 21:35 (Ref:3378378)   #42
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Two pairs of Worktunes ordered from good old US of A.
Old 14 Mar 2014, 05:44 (Ref:3378463)   #43
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Two pairs of Worktunes ordered from good old US of A.
You don't need one for each ear
Old 14 Mar 2014, 06:55 (Ref:3378468)   #44
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yeah, it's like that for us, eh James and Tony.........
Me too!

Should I be awake (unlikely) the loudest sound I hear is the birdsong around 4am, followed by the local church clock at 7am.
Old 14 Mar 2014, 12:39 (Ref:3378568)   #45
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Ear defenders are for poofs ..... Ive said it before but , ear plugs for a bit of a snooze are a must ..... Im not talkin about the cars , its the brother !!!
Old 14 Mar 2014, 16:30 (Ref:3378639)   #46
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Ear defenders are for poofs ..... Ive said it before but , ear plugs for a bit of a snooze are a must ..... Im not talkin about the cars , its the brother !!!
Well as far as I am concerned, I've ALREADY lost a leg and other bits to the sport already, and I don't intend to lose my hearing as well.

Enjoy your bravado ............ I SAID ENJOY YOUR BRAVADO!!!!!!!!!!
Old 14 Mar 2014, 19:47 (Ref:3378700)   #47
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
You don't need one for each ear
I want to be well protected
Old 2 Apr 2014, 13:34 (Ref:3387848)   #48
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well finally decided to give the ear muff radio's a chance and purchased a set from clas Ohlson £18.44 with discount and delivery, will try them out at Silverstone
Old 3 Apr 2014, 16:12 (Ref:3388333)   #49
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well that was quick they have already arrived, they certainly block out any noise, now just need to find some batteries to see if they pick up any radio signals
Old 3 Apr 2014, 21:05 (Ref:3388452)   #50
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yep they work very well, managed to pick up radio 2 and classic fm