Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 18 Jul 2000, 23:19 (Ref:23997)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What's wrong with Gil and Chistian running into each other? Are they the new Mikey/Our Paul odd couple?? Heck they are both Brazilians...what's their problem?

Remember Gil for some reason started that massive shunt of Christian's at Surfers in 1997, and now they have run into each other twice in the last few races....

Carn fellas, leave the crashing for the professionals, Mikey and Our Paul forever!!
Old 19 Jul 2000, 00:13 (Ref:24033)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You notice Gil missed Our Paul - or vice versa - don't know for sure who was aiming at whom in that Wide Pass.

I can't explain it either. Gil has started hitting things on a fairly regular basis. Maybe he should stop going to Mikey's eye doctor.
Old 19 Jul 2000, 15:36 (Ref:24138)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!

obviously gil's got it in for christian.

he has been hitting a lot of things recently.

my theory is that they've been racing together for so long, they figure they know what they're about to do. and they're usually wrong.

despite being a complete christian fan (like, duh), i believe his car/gil interfaces have all been very racing incident type things. how was christian to know gil was about to jump on his brakes? i've seen cars a lot closer than that. and what about that crash this year? gil had nowhere to go, the result was a complete accident, and no-one meant any evil.

mind you, i don't condone the way my driver went and mouthed off about gil. stupid boy. just like schuey. overestimated his talent indeed......(note - i'm a bit of a zonta fan, and was deeply insulted by schuey's remarks. wrong forum, isn't it?)
Old 19 Jul 2000, 15:43 (Ref:24141)   #4
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think there was a replay on TV, but around the second or third lap Tracy was trying to pull a move on De Ferran on the exit of turn two. They got too close and there was contact. Luckily it was fairly light and they both carried on without any damage.
Old 20 Jul 2000, 00:49 (Ref:24261)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jay, that's the one that I saw. Who started it do you know?

Incidentally, my first roll of photos came out fab! The pic of me and Gil and Helio is very good even if Gil is squinting.
Old 20 Jul 2000, 16:48 (Ref:24389)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!

liz! scan it, scan it, scan it!!! purlease?? i like other people's photos..

well, the squinty bit is simple - aren't all professors glasses wearers? and gil dowsn't have any right? problem solved. (i liked his comment in champcar about being called the professor - it indicates intellegence and knowledge, but he doesn't have anything to teach anyone. only he said it better)

Old 20 Jul 2000, 20:49 (Ref:24427)   #7
Dave S
Racer

Dave S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was on lap 4. Tracy also banged wheels with Servia on the 1st corner of the same lap, so you judge the fault, if any. When he tangled with Gil it bent his right front suspention so he had to drive the rest of the race with the steering wheel cocked. Even more impressive for him to not only hang on, but to get a podium out of the deal. I ythink he & Franchitti should do well at Michigan. They usually do, & had a really good test there this year.
Old 20 Jul 2000, 22:39 (Ref:24435)   #8
Liz
Veteran

I can't scan onto the forum - I don't know how - but will scan it tomorrow and email it to you, Bella.
Old 21 Jul 2000, 00:11 (Ref:24453)   #9
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So Tracy hit 2 people on the same lap? Sounds most unlike Our Paul....he doesn't run into people/things
Old 21 Jul 2000, 03:31 (Ref:24485)   #10
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know if you could really asign any blame to the De Ferran-Tracy incident. Tracy was coming up the inside of Gil in the first turn and there was contact. That corner tends to swing cars to the outside, so if I had to assign blame it would probably be to Tracy, but it was really just a racing incident.

Liz, I am still waiting for my photos. However I didn't take any of me with pilots. Most were all very busy when I was around them and it would be too mucho of a hassle. I suppose I could have gotten picture with Gil or Roberto, but I am not really into pictures with pilots. I got their signatures and had a little chat, that was good enough.

Most of my photos are of cars speeding buy, one way or the other(Carpentier). I spent most of my Friday and Saturday running around the circuit. Turns 8, 9 and 3,4 are best for photos. It is quite a skill to take a good photo of a car blasting by you. I have really improved, but still have a ways to go.

PS I have to say that Gil has the most illegible signature of all of the guys I have gotten from in Cart. I can make out the different parts, but not the letters. Even Franchitti's is somewhat legible.
Old 21 Jul 2000, 22:32 (Ref:24622)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Tracy's signature looks like it says "Dup." And I'd swear Blundell wrote "Bob" ... however, Moreno's is quite readable and so is Helio's--and "Adrian F." And you are right about Gil's signature, it looks like a picket fence.

I also got a good picture of Helio in his car in the Paddock being towed back, and some good shots of Gil in their paddock (I came in early and sort of squiggled in well beyond the fence until somebody saw me and invited me to take about 20 steps back.)