Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 7 Jul 2014, 17:24 (Ref:3431492)   #51
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Great win by Montoya, I'm happy for him. IndyCar should take advantage and promote the championship in Latin America with all those Colombians and Brazilians.

Power's move was dangerous and deserved the drive through.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 18:05 (Ref:3431510)   #52
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope that Pocono returns in future years, it's a good track, although given the size of it the 21 car field left it looking slightly empty.

Really happy for Montoya, but I think his results at the last couple of street circuits have been strategy / luck rather than his speed.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 21:44 (Ref:3431566)   #53
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Today was pure speed though, he (and the other Penskes) were on top all weekend. Poetic justice too, after he believed Huertas would have to pit for fuel at Houston, when all logic said he would.

I wonder what the atmosphere between Power and Castroneves will be now, after Helio called for a penalty on his team-mate and chief title rival? Could be echoes of Lewis and Nico in F1, made more intense by both being eternal bridesmaids? Power deserved it though, blatant and dangerous second move.

Why did Kanaan take such a strategic risk by pitting when he had the pace to finish third at worse? The odds of a yellow from that point weren't high.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 22:46 (Ref:3431580)   #54
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Penske has been managing drivers since the wheel was invented and Castroneves is an old hand and a light hearted character. I doubt there'll be much feuding.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 23:02 (Ref:3431585)   #55
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I do hope Roger has a few words with Power though. Will made pretty obvious, reactionary, defensive moves on BOTH his teammates in those closing laps.
Old 8 Jul 2014, 06:34 (Ref:3431657)   #56
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Top stuff from The Monster there. Let's hope he kicks on from here and is in the mix on all tracks.
Old 11 Jul 2014, 18:20 (Ref:3432928)   #57
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Did any attendance figures get released?
Old 11 Jul 2014, 20:14 (Ref:3432966)   #58
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt official ones will be released, but this Lehigh Valley paper put it at 20k at best

http://articles.mcall.com/2014-07-07...pocono-raceway

Quote:
First, a very fast Pocono IndyCar 500 — the fastest 500-miler in the open-wheel brand's history according to average speed — concluded around 3:30 p.m., well before the heart of the mass exodus home from Pocono resorts and campgrounds was underway.

Second, the crowd at Pocono Raceway, generously estimated by press box veterans at about 20,000, quickly dispersed following the race won by Colombian Juan Pablo Montoya.
Old 11 Jul 2014, 21:31 (Ref:3432975)   #59
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemachine View Post
I doubt official ones will be released, but this Lehigh Valley paper put it at 20k at best

http://articles.mcall.com/2014-07-07...pocono-raceway
Yeesh. That's REALLY bad, but surprising to me as it almost looked like a decent crowd. Time for a new eye prescription.
Old 11 Jul 2014, 23:47 (Ref:3433014)   #60
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Yeesh. That's REALLY bad, but surprising to me as it almost looked like a decent crowd. Time for a new eye prescription.
The chequered grandstand didn't help, unless I need a new eye prescription, as well.
Old 11 Jul 2014, 23:50 (Ref:3433015)   #61
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
The chequered grandstand didn't help; maybe I need a new eye prescription?
Old 12 Jul 2014, 00:39 (Ref:3433033)   #62
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was the one that said the crowd would be small and I thought it looked okay, so I'm not sure if I completely trust the source...
Old 12 Jul 2014, 00:39 (Ref:3433034)   #63
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
The chequered grandstand didn't help; maybe I need a new eye prescription?
Congrats on your 10,000th post!
Old 12 Jul 2014, 11:12 (Ref:3433151)   #64
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Congrats on your 10,000th post!
Cheers.