Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 May 2019, 05:26 (Ref:3904606)   #101
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Winner of the small category was the 911 of Pascal Pandelar and Michiel Van Duijvendijk, Gerard. Finished 1/2 lap in front of us in 21st. We lost about 30 secs sorting the cooling leak, but the Porsche was a little quicker here anyway. They didn’t do the race at Barcelona.

Shame that the Elva retired after 17 laps, it was going well despite an early spin in the tricky conditions. The AH mentioned earlier managed to make up seven places during the first SC period according to the lap chart. As usual in big grids here there were two SCs, and different restart lines depending on which you were behind. Guess the driver must have started racing soon as the greens were shown, but before the line. It was reported but not sure if any penalty came of it. The car did get a small time one for too short a pit stop, however, along with several others!

Looks wet today, so waterproofs at the ready.....
Old 19 May 2019, 05:49 (Ref:3904610)   #102
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks Mike. I was wondering about the Elva. Terrible weather, chaos, oil, night all those were the same for any competitor. I'm a little bit puzzled looking at the BLT tho. AH: 3'04"777; 911: 3'05"933; Sionneau's 26R: 3'04"917, SLR: 3'10"349, TVR: 3'10"502. This leads to think that your strategy is really good and you drivers offer a steady level of high level safe performance.
And the Shapecraft in the 26 R takes the cake. This makes my day! I repeat, I do know Cholley, Bourguignon and Damien and we all agree that its impossible for any of those to appreciate another!
Old 19 May 2019, 06:06 (Ref:3904611)   #103
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I know you opinion about the recorded best speeds, Mike. But the radar location is the same for all cars in a given meeting. Do you know where it is this year, Kemmel straight before Les Combes or before the chicane which is supposed to be the fastest segment.
Old 19 May 2019, 06:52 (Ref:3904615)   #104
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I know you opinion about the recorded best speeds, Mike. But the radar location is the same for all cars in a given meeting. Do you know where it is this year, Kemmel straight before Les Combes or before the chicane which is supposed to be the fastest segment.
I’ll ask where the top speed is being measured. With regard to fastest laps by various cars, don’t forget that in some one driver could be considerably quicker than the other, so the ‘fastest’ lap time can be a bit irrelevant. The SLR has two drivers very close in lap time ability, which can be a benefit in a long race.
Old 19 May 2019, 07:23 (Ref:3904617)   #105
Terence Bower
Rookie

Germany
Terence Bower should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like you all had fun. Had business to sort out in Malmedy yesterd yesterday afternoon, what with that and the rain clouds, though I would head back for VLN night qualifying instead. 😊
Old 19 May 2019, 13:22 (Ref:3904659)   #106
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Agreed, Mike. Top speed is a good indication for the preparer, power and gearing for instance. Its a simple way to survey the competitors too…
The Chevron of my old bloke Le jean has just been crashed when Lucien Rossiaud was at wheel. Driver is OK.
Old 19 May 2019, 14:20 (Ref:3904666)   #107
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quite a lively start for the XJR9 in the Group C race.

Onboard footage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQI0zu7N3t0
Old 19 May 2019, 14:24 (Ref:3904667)   #108
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Also Spa Classic 2019: "Best of day 1 | Ferrari 333SP, Aston Martin DBR9, Panoz and more"

Footage showing class cars as well as outrights. wink:

From Goodwoods youtube a/c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noq8bz6KgOY

Last edited by E.B; 19 May 2019 at 14:30.
Old 19 May 2019, 15:08 (Ref:3904670)   #109
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some great onboard including the Panoz aswell.

Watching the webcam from Eau Rouge and seeing the 917 go up and change direction is just magical.One of the best sights in Motorsport
Old 20 May 2019, 07:58 (Ref:3904808)   #110
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Watching the webcam from Eau Rouge and seeing the 917 go up and change direction is just magical.One of the best sights in Motorsport
Standing on the Endurance pit lane wall during the race, I still had to listen as it passed and watch it go up the hill every lap. How lucky we are that there are still owners willing to drive cars such as that 917 competitively, rather than hide them in museums and collections....
Old 20 May 2019, 08:33 (Ref:3904816)   #111
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And how lucky we are for modern technology that means those of us not in attendance can enjoy so much.

That Group C video. Ahhhhhhhhh.......

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk