Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Apr 2019, 06:16 (Ref:3896364)   #1
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Easter Bathurst 6 hour for Production cars.

We dont have a thread for it yet, so for everyone screaming to Bring Bathurst back to Production, we have the Easter Bathurst 6 hour for production cars. Will be shown live on foxtel and highlights on speed week. The supports look fantastic too.

So im expecting huge crowds flocking to Mt Panorama easter weekend.

http://www.bathurst6hour.com.au/

Im really looking forward to a fun weekend
Old 9 Apr 2019, 06:29 (Ref:3896366)   #2
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
The @Bathurst6Hour has confirmed a massive support race program to occur with more than 240 cars registered across the five categories making for what should be an exciting event for motor sport fans!
Old 10 Apr 2019, 11:32 (Ref:3896580)   #3
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
We dont have a thread for it yet, so for everyone screaming to Bring Bathurst back to Production, we have the Easter Bathurst 6 hour for production cars. Will be shown live on foxtel and highlights on speed week. The supports look fantastic too.

So im expecting huge crowds flocking to Mt Panorama easter weekend.

http://www.bathurst6hour.com.au/

Im really looking forward to a fun weekend
By huge crowds do you mean in comparison to the less than 400 paying spectators across 3 days that attended last year?
It is a pity there has been close to no new outright cars/teams come into the 6 Hour this year.
Intending to go up on the Sunday so hoping for dry weather.
Old 11 Apr 2019, 23:27 (Ref:3896907)   #4
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
The @Bathurst6Hour has confirmed a massive support race program to occur with more than 240 cars registered across the five categories making for what should be an exciting event for motor sport fans!
see here!

http://www.bathurst6hour.com.au/event-info/race-program
Old 17 Apr 2019, 21:21 (Ref:3898296)   #5
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Watched the highlights show from last years race and it struck me how much the event has declined since last year.The total entry is down by 25%,the outright class entry is down by 50% and even more worryingly the quality of the field has crashed.
Outside of Sherrin and Lynton none of the top 10 front runners from last year have entered and there are no new outright contending teams.
What has gone wrong?
Old 18 Apr 2019, 09:20 (Ref:3898360)   #6
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The cost of production car racing has scared people off? The noise around the price of a couple of the cars that debuted last year were startling IMO. Isnt there also some kind of controversy around the official tyres in this years race?
Old 18 Apr 2019, 13:35 (Ref:3898395)   #7
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
The cost of production car racing has scared people off? The noise around the price of a couple of the cars that debuted last year were startling IMO. Isnt there also some kind of controversy around the official tyres in this years race?
Apparently all cars have to run the new Indian tyre and carry the signage while still paying full fare for the tyres (costing to the cent the same as the previous suppliers tyre).
Old 19 Apr 2019, 09:18 (Ref:3898544)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backagain View Post
Apparently all cars have to run the new Indian tyre and carry the signage while still paying full fare for the tyres (costing to the cent the same as the previous suppliers tyre).
Same as AusGT then...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 19 Apr 2019, 12:36 (Ref:3898583)   #9
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Same as AusGT then...
They are the championship sponsor are they not hence the signage?
Old 19 Apr 2019, 23:56 (Ref:3898673)   #10
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Watched the highlights show from last years race and it struck me how much the event has declined since last year.The total entry is down by 25%,the outright class entry is down by 50% and even more worryingly the quality of the field has crashed.
I blame Supercars!

I don't think the economy is fantastic, and a lot of these races are rich boys toys.
Old 20 Apr 2019, 08:53 (Ref:3898726)   #11
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The good news for those interested is a free International live feed.
From the 6hr website http://www.bathurst6hour.com.au
Quote:
LIVE STREAMING:

For our international viewers, the Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour race will be streamed live and free via www.bathurst6hour.com.au/live from 7:50am AET (UTC+10), including support categories.

With coverage produced by noted motorsport production house AVE, the race will be broadcast live with coverage right the way around Mount Panorama.

Commentary for the Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour will again come from respected voice of endurance racing, John Hindhaugh and six-hour expert, Richard Craill.
Four of the first five positions on the grid filled by BMWs of varying models. The only non BMW in the first five is Jordan Cox. He qualified on the front row in an Evo.
Old 20 Apr 2019, 10:09 (Ref:3898735)   #12
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You can buy a tried and tested race ready TCR car for similar money to an outright build, and probably run it on similar money.

Class A makes little sense now, when some of the cars eligible are not too far off being GT4 cars in both performance and price. They need to reign it in.
Old 21 Apr 2019, 02:23 (Ref:3898823)   #13
Troy
Racer

Troy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pit stop for a Mazda 3 just then, fuel ****ing out everywhere. Just let it all run down pit lane. Worst things is mechanics working on said car in shorts in a hot lane???? CAMS sanctioned event? What the f$&k is going on?
Old 21 Apr 2019, 02:37 (Ref:3898824)   #14
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sounds like nothing's changed.

Many incidents with them over the years, relating to fuel spills and fires.
Old 21 Apr 2019, 06:10 (Ref:3898830)   #15
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why do the commentators continue to insist the Leahey/Lynton Car has to make 5 pitstops?

Only the #1 car has to make 5 stops.
Old 21 Apr 2019, 06:25 (Ref:3898831)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Why do the commentators continue to insist the Leahey/Lynton Car has to make 5 pitstops?

Only the #1 car has to make 5 stops.
There was apparently an overnight BoP adjustment to force the Lynton/Leahey BMW into an additional mandatory pit stop...
Old 21 Apr 2019, 06:36 (Ref:3898833)   #17
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
I think the spectator is enjoying himself
Old 21 Apr 2019, 07:44 (Ref:3898841)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 21 Apr 2019, 07:47 (Ref:3898842)   #19
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lacking a bit of depth perhaps

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 21 Apr 2019, 07:50 (Ref:3898843)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 21 Apr 2019, 09:14 (Ref:3898850)   #21
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Impressive run by the #23 BMW.

The most dominant Bathurst performance since the Nissan’s in 1991?

A great days motor racing and only 3 full course cautions!
Old 21 Apr 2019, 10:00 (Ref:3898862)   #22
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
They need to reign it in.
How about air restrictors for turbocharged cars? If I understand correctly -- currently boost and tuning is free on turbocharged vehicles, as long as you retain the production turbo?
Old 21 Apr 2019, 10:12 (Ref:3898867)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
How about air restrictors for turbocharged cars? If I understand correctly -- currently boost and tuning is free on turbocharged vehicles, as long as you retain the production turbo?
Boost pressure is restricted per engine type. Showed up for the lead Sherrin BMW being punted to the rear of grid for exceeding maximum boost of 1.45 bar in qualifying...

Unlimited boost would be awesome. For 3 laps.. KABOOM!!
Old 21 Apr 2019, 11:04 (Ref:3898874)   #24
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry looked boring as batsh*t on Fox
Old 21 Apr 2019, 11:18 (Ref:3898877)   #25
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I went for a look on Saturday. The GT1 race was good, the Porsche 962 running in the Porsche regularity was awesome. The Hyundai race was well supported but not exactly riveting. The Historic Touring car field seemed thin on Group A quality. The improved Production was pretty good. The Production car category was as bland as a dry weet-bix.

Could have stayed for today, but was happy to drive 3 hours to get home, 6 hours of that racing would have truly proved to be an enduro.