Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 15 Oct 2005, 07:40 (Ref:1434202)   #1
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hey Troy, You so fine, Hey Troy you blow my mind...

Watch out Corser!

Old 15 Oct 2005, 11:01 (Ref:1434294)   #2
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bayliss and Lanzi on the factory Ducatis is no real surprise, neither Toseland nor Laconi have stood up to the increased challenge particularly well this year, Troy's time in MotoGP has reached its natural end, and Lanzi is on the up and proved himself twice this year. The only question marks are whether Troy is past his best and whether the Ducati can really compete with the Japanese bikes.
Old 15 Oct 2005, 11:43 (Ref:1434318)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am not sure that James and Regis have been a total failure this year, and Lanzi was utterly hopeless in the wet at Imola where JT had a decent ride.
I think this could be the best result for James overall top be hoenst, it is clear that Lanzi is Tardozzi's favoured son in the team and James ahs always been the rider forced on the team from somewhere. I diont think he has ever been particularly happy there.
As for Regis I dont think you can call his season a total failure, he was still in contention for the title untiol he got injured and proved himself a match fro anyone on his day.
Lanzi has only gone well on tracks he knows very well and you must realise he was on a VERY specil bike at Magny Cours.
Bayliss I dont know about, he is gonna hate the Pirelli tyres I reckon and he has never ridden a 999, so it remains to be seen how he goes.
Fair play to Ducatio though after the spring, they really improved the bike and made it win the British title, totally dominating the end of the year against factory Hondas.
For me I think the Pirellis are a proper leveller, coz most weeks there are no dominant bikes coz the tyres are so rubbish!!
Think James should go ride for Ten Kate or even PSG with his good mate Chris Walker. And Yamaha Italia have no fear of Brits on their bikes. I think anyone with sense can see James has the talent to win another title
Old 15 Oct 2005, 13:49 (Ref:1434382)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lanzi will know all the tracks next year though, and wet weather riding often takes time to master. Imola may have been Lorenzo's first WSBK race in the wet, and few riders shine in that situation. There's no guarantee that Bayliss will perform, but it will be interesting to see.

Laconi was fast most of the time, but he did have too maany crashes and injuries over the season. He didn't really move up from the Caracchi team with the same potential as Lanzi. Good point about the way the BSB title went to Ducati, especially as, on paper, Kiyonari is a better rider than Lavilla, but the major difference over the last few meetings has been that they were the circuits Gregorio knew. In theory a Ten Kate ride is as good as a factory Ducati, especially as he would be the lead rider (I really can't see Muggeridge becoming a regular front-runner). PSG are unlikely to be competitive enough without factory support, although it would be interesting to revive the team-mate battle with Chris from 2003.
Old 15 Oct 2005, 14:13 (Ref:1434398)   #5
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i've kinda lost faith in Troy Bayliss after MotoGP .. but i hope he does well in WSBK . we need a good battle at the top
hipe that Laconi will be riding a good bike next year .. maybe a factory ride .. or at least back to Caracchi ..

Ciao Marco
Old 15 Oct 2005, 16:29 (Ref:1434456)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
Laconi's best hope of a factory bike may be that Suzuki either run a second team or replace Kagayama, but a ride on a Klaffi Honda might be on offer, and I doubt Yamaha will retain Gimbert. Has Henk Ten Kate suggested that he wants Toseland (or Laconi?) to replace Chris if need be?
Old 15 Oct 2005, 16:53 (Ref:1434471)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Laconi will hopefully find a nice midfield team. An average bike for an average rider, seems to fit.

Great to see the return of Bayliss! WSBK needs guys like him and he's got a few years of entertainment left in him yet!

Go Troy!
Old 16 Oct 2005, 21:43 (Ref:1435539)   #8
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news and i'm glad troy is back in wsbk where he belongs. He is a fabulous superbike rider and has never seemed to adapt to GPs. Here's hoping for a classic season with Bayliss, Corser, Haga etc...
Old 17 Oct 2005, 16:25 (Ref:1436130)   #9
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Think Bayliss problem in GP is similar to Bostroms in WSB, he needs tbe bike set up a certain way for his style and it seems it is hard to build a bike round a rider like that in GP unless you are Valentino. I have no prblem with that really, a rider should be able to adapt a little to a new bike and change his style. Troouble is WSB bikes are fairly easy to ride in comparison to a Gp bike, especially a 500 as the majority of WSB stars found out to their peril.
I think Troy demands a xertain sort of setup that no maker, even Ducati is going to build, slightly defeats the point of signing a rider when you know he might not be able to ride it quick enough but hey.