Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Aug 2017, 07:31 (Ref:3756846)   #326
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Robert Kubica leaves the pits in a current F1 car. Great to see.

A little hiccup on the way out of the garage as he clipped the left wall and the Hulkenberg sign on top fell down. Luckily he and the car had passed already.
Old 2 Aug 2017, 07:55 (Ref:3756851)   #327
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good job it wasn't the Palmer sign...
Old 2 Aug 2017, 08:02 (Ref:3756854)   #328
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
That would have been a story right there if it had been the Palmer sign!
Old 2 Aug 2017, 10:14 (Ref:3756882)   #329
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Kubica has a lot to learn today about the car, the controls, etc., so I don't think lap times are a big concern for him. In saying that, Palmers best time in quali with low fuel and supersofts was a 1:18.415. If Kubica can beat that today, he surely has to replace Palmer after the summer break??

Kubica's best so far is a 1:19.681 on the same tyres and medium fuel. That time was done on lap 7 of a 10 lap run. He's quick without even trying!!

Old 2 Aug 2017, 11:22 (Ref:3756905)   #330
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's great to see Kubica can handle a current race car, it's down to him and Renault whether he wants to make a comeback now
Old 3 Aug 2017, 01:00 (Ref:3757093)   #331
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
That would have been a story right there if it had been the Palmer sign!
Old 3 Aug 2017, 08:24 (Ref:3757154)   #332
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Robert Kubica speaks before his test drive, and after his test drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ex89L--OZU
Old 3 Aug 2017, 13:56 (Ref:3757214)   #333
mllevy
Rookie

mllevy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can someone post today's test results including tires?
Old 3 Aug 2017, 22:00 (Ref:3757268)   #334
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mllevy View Post
Kubica clocked a fastest time of 1:18.572 good enough for 9th on Sunday's grid on ultra softs. He also completed 142 laps (about 2 GP's distance wise).

Vettel was fastest on 1:17.124 about a second off his pole time.

I would suspect Kubica should be able to do a good job in a modern F1 car based on the above, how he would compare with his pears only time will tell, I suspect we could see him in a GP car next year.
Old 4 Aug 2017, 03:51 (Ref:3757304)   #335
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mllevy View Post
Pitpass has a full table.

https://www.pitpass.com/59830/Test-Times-Hungary-02-08
Old 9 Aug 2017, 01:59 (Ref:3758302)   #336
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Ferrari want Vettel to commit to 3 years, he only wants to commit to 1.

https://www.pitpass.com/59844/Vettel...Ferrari-future

Hamilton's contract up in 2019.

" there have been claims that Vettel already has a pre-agreement with Mercedes for 2019, though none of the various parties involved are talking of such things."
Old 9 Aug 2017, 11:23 (Ref:3758373)   #337
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So no chance of Lewis to Ferrari before 2020 then. That's what I expect
Old 9 Aug 2017, 14:29 (Ref:3758401)   #338
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Not using the full straight? Won't be watching the race now:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...icane-addition
Old 9 Aug 2017, 22:19 (Ref:3758486)   #339
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post

I think the old layout would have provided a much better overtaking opportunity with a double right at the end of the long straight rather than a left right chicane in the middle of the straight.

Bit of a joke that these PUs can't sustain full throttle operation for the time necessary to run the full straight. Pathetic actually.

Last edited by wnut; 9 Aug 2017 at 22:24.
Old 9 Aug 2017, 23:12 (Ref:3758494)   #340
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
It's disappointing but not enough to make me boycott the race. I'm just glad F1 is back in France.
Old 9 Aug 2017, 23:26 (Ref:3758499)   #341
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Bit of a joke that these PUs can't sustain full throttle operation for the time necessary to run the full straight. Pathetic actually.
Unless I missed something, they didn't say they couldn't do it. I can't think of a reason they couldn't. It sounds like they would reach top speed quite a bit before the end of the long straight and then cruise to until the end? It sounds more like they are trying to add an extra passing opportunity?

Regardless, I would rather they keep the straight so it can keep its unique character.

Richard
Old 10 Aug 2017, 00:14 (Ref:3758506)   #342
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Unless I missed something, they didn't say they couldn't do it. I can't think of a reason they couldn't. It sounds like they would reach top speed quite a bit before the end of the long straight and then cruise to until the end? It sounds more like they are trying to add an extra passing opportunity?

Regardless, I would rather they keep the straight so it can keep its unique character.

Richard
I think with the engine modes that the teams run for longevity, the Power units just about max out on the Shanghai 1.2km straight. To run the full Mistral at 1.8km into signes I doubt would make for great racing.

As shown in the article from the exit of L'ecole the first section is 1km long, and from the second apex of the chicane to the entry of Signes is another 750m.

If anything without the chicane they could be struggling to charge the battery without harvesting down the full Mistral, which again would defeat the purpose as you'd want to be deploying down the full straight.
Old 10 Aug 2017, 00:30 (Ref:3758509)   #343
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And yet if you junked all the battery garbage, an F1 engine could scream at 12,000 13,000 14,000 15,000rpm down the straights once more...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 10 Aug 2017, 01:28 (Ref:3758517)   #344
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
And yet if you junked all the battery garbage, an F1 engine could scream at 12,000 13,000 14,000 15,000rpm down the straights once more...
That is the fuel flow limits and not the hybrid side of things.

Richard
Old 10 Aug 2017, 06:37 (Ref:3758548)   #345
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post

What is so exciting about cars running in a straight line for more than a mile? I have more concerns with there being a chicane too early in the straight which actually might make passing more difficult instead of creating an opportunity for it but just running the straight for running the straight seems a bit silly.
Old 10 Aug 2017, 10:05 (Ref:3758577)   #346
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Some newish rumours this week about the Strolls moving from Williams to Force India?

Presumably this would be in place of Perez, unless Ocon goes to Renault or Wolff moves him elsewhere?

That would mean Williams don't need to keep Massa on?

But they could need 2 new drivers?
Old 10 Aug 2017, 12:39 (Ref:3758612)   #347
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I get the feeling there wont be a lot of change as such in big names.

I feel for next season the team line ups will be

(/ means other potential drivers connected to replace a driver)

Mercedes:
Hamilton
Bottas/Verstappen

Ferrari:
Raikonnen/Perez/Verstappen
Vettel

Red Bull:
Verstappen/Sainz
Ricciardo

Force India:
Ocon
Perez/Stroll

Williams:
Massa/Alonso/ Di Resta
Stroll/ Alonso/ Wehrlin

Renault:
Hulkenberg
Sainz/Kobica/Alonso/Buemi

HAAS:
Grosjean
Magnussen

Toro Rosso:
Sainz
Kyvat/Gasly

McLaren:
Vandoorne
Alonso/Matsushita/Sainz

Sauber:
Wehrlin/Leclerc
Ericson/Giovanazi

If anyone is interested in some of my information from, here are the links

Alonso
http://www.f1-fansite.com/f1-news/al...itch-possible/
http://www.f1-fansite.com/f1-news/hu...a-alonso-2018/

Verstappen
http://www.f1-fansite.com/f1-news/ve...rcedes-switch/
http://www.f1-fansite.com/f1-news/ve...ours-positive/

Sainz:
http://www.f1-fansite.com/f1-news/ho...sainz-release/
http://www.f1-fansite.com/f1-news/re...z-2018-plan-b/

Kyvat:
http://www.f1-fansite.com/f1-news/ho...ll-keep-kvyat/

Renault as a team:
http://www.f1-fansite.com/f1-news/bu...mours-heating/

http://www.f1-fansite.com/f1-news/de...ee-f1-drivers/
This talks about both Wehrlin possibly being on the sideline for 2018 as Sauber could do a deal with Ferrari which would see Wehrlin out.

http://www.f1-fansite.com/f1-news/ma...honda-rumours/
Old 11 Aug 2017, 09:36 (Ref:3758782)   #348
S griffin
Veteran

Of course Fred and Sainz are perhaps the biggest keys to the driver market. They can make or break it
Old 11 Aug 2017, 10:16 (Ref:3758790)   #349
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Alonso yes but not Sainz. Don't fall for the Dad's politico propaganda...
Old 11 Aug 2017, 18:32 (Ref:3758878)   #350
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Alonso yes but not Sainz. Don't fall for the Dad's politico propaganda...
Why what's Snr been saying lately?