Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Jul 2013, 17:52 (Ref:3280895)   #1
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Not sure if I'll manage to get a preview done for this race so if the mods want to change the thread title to being the race thread feel free. I was at Laguna Seca for the MotoGP at the weekend and staying over here for a weeks holiday so I'm sure if I'll have access to the internet during the week. If I manage to do a preview I'll just add it into this thread.
Old 23 Jul 2013, 20:01 (Ref:3280940)   #2
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
frostie i was at the MotoGP event as well but am now sadly back at home. wish i had known cause i would to have loved to buy you a drink (or 10) to thank you for so many great intros. and if possible would love to see what pics you managed to get.
Old 23 Jul 2013, 20:04 (Ref:3280942)   #3
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
frostie i was at the MotoGP event as well but am now sadly back at home. wish i had known cause i would to have loved to buy you a drink (or 10) to thank you for so many great intros. and if possible would love to see what pics you managed to get.
That's a shame Chili...would have liked a free drink I'm just working my way through the photos from Laguna so I'll PM you a link to them once I've got them uploaded
Old 25 Jul 2013, 15:05 (Ref:3281506)   #4
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A little off topic, but how does a MotoGP event compare to an F1 GP?
Old 25 Jul 2013, 15:42 (Ref:3281524)   #5
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
true off topic so mods please feel free to move (again) if necessary .

much cheaper for starters. for US$150.00 we got assigned seats at grandstand 4 for all three days as well as a paddock pass (for the area between the garages and motorhomes/offices). 500 minimum just for the seats at the Canadian GP and no paddock access.

the riders make themselves available all weekend and we hung around for about an hour or two after the race and several riders were just walking around openly saying hi to people, signing stuff and taking pics. never have had a paddock pass for F1 so cant say its different but i was really blown away by the access our relatively cheap pass got us.

a couple of the Manu's have large pavilion areas set up and its more then just stores for their clothes but fan interaction areas with free espresso and lots of stuff for kids.

in terms of being set up for fan enjoyment it was really a night and day difference imo. its more popular in Europe so maybe its just that they are like this for the American audience but F1 could really learn a thing or two from this event.

my next big race trip will be a MotoGP one not F1.