Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 May 2018, 02:31 (Ref:3825133)   #376
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with you Razzzor.

One thing I did find interesting over this weekend, because I followed it closely hoping for a better performance from Brendon, was Gasley's Friday/Saturday comments. He was search for pace after Thursday and talked to his engineers about Brendons setup. Basically looking to copy. I do wonder how much is happening behind the scenes. There have been numerous stories over the years about one driver honing the set up and the other benefitting. I'm hoping Brendon is doing the hard yards and developing the car, the setup, the engine and will be invaluable to STR Honda, despite his apparent lack of performance come Saturday/Sunday.
Old 31 May 2018, 07:44 (Ref:3825810)   #377
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
After the public kicking that Red Bull have given Renault, just imagine how badly RBR would react if hey had a slow and unreliable Honda unit instead.
With these posters, the result is planned.
Honda will be with RBR sooner or later.
Old 31 May 2018, 10:57 (Ref:3825839)   #378
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
Honda will be with RBR sooner or later.
I'd agree were it not for the big Aston Martin branding - I think if the new engine regs don't entice Aston Martin in with their own engine then yes the Honda is probably the best way to go for Red Bull (based on the same logic that McLaren used - you're going to struggle to beat a works team without a works engine). Based on performance so far I think the Honda is still too much of a gamble for Red Bull - another year in the Torro Rosso I'd have thought and then make the switch if Honda have closed the performance gap and got reliability under control (they do seem better in that regard so far this season).
Old 31 May 2018, 11:02 (Ref:3825841)   #379
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Unless they change their mind on timing, TR is likely to have upgraded ICE for both cars in Canada.

Richard
Old 31 May 2018, 11:05 (Ref:3825843)   #380
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And Red Bull is unlikely to have the Renault upgrades for Canada.
Old 31 May 2018, 14:49 (Ref:3825884)   #381
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if you were DR, would you re-sign with RBR if RBR decide to use Honda power for 2019?
Old 31 May 2018, 14:57 (Ref:3825885)   #382
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
I think there could be a view that with Honda you actually have a greater chance of a title challenge as Cyril and his politico mates are unlikely to deliver that.
Old 31 May 2018, 16:12 (Ref:3825890)   #383
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
agreed customer renault unit will always be less than the one renault puts in it's own car if it has a chance of winning. Just look at the mercedes unit's given to the other teams compared to the one they use.
Old 1 Jun 2018, 02:40 (Ref:3825949)   #384
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
agreed customer renault unit will always be less than the one renault puts in it's own car if it has a chance of winning. Just look at the mercedes unit's given to the other teams compared to the one they use.
This is exactly what the FIA legislated this year, the works and customer PU's are supposed to be identical in every way.
If not the works team should lose all the points they have gained this year.

How about fined double the customer's engine budget which will be paid to the customer team?
Old 1 Jun 2018, 02:42 (Ref:3825950)   #385
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
if you were DR, would you re-sign with RBR if RBR decide to use Honda power for 2019?
If you were DR and you were offered either a Mercedes (preferable) or Ferrari contract, would you sign for RBR?
Old 1 Jun 2018, 09:17 (Ref:3825981)   #386
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Ricciardo is definitely key in this driver market
Old 1 Jun 2018, 10:26 (Ref:3825996)   #387
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Found a clue that didn't notice before.
RBR may stay with Renault, with a little preaching to Peach farmers...
People farmers... that go in wagons.
More explicit coulnd't be.
Old 1 Jun 2018, 11:19 (Ref:3826001)   #388
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I expect it to be Honda or best for 2019
Old 1 Jun 2018, 22:24 (Ref:3826130)   #389
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I'd agree were it not for the big Aston Martin branding - I think if the new engine regs don't entice Aston Martin in with their own engine then yes the Honda is probably the best way to go for Red Bull (based on the same logic that McLaren used - you're going to struggle to beat a works team without a works engine). Based on performance so far I think the Honda is still too much of a gamble for Red Bull - another year in the Torro Rosso I'd have thought and then make the switch if Honda have closed the performance gap and got reliability under control (they do seem better in that regard so far this season).
Aston don't have the funding to do their own engine.

And since when did Andy Palmer become the spokesperson for RB on engines?! Lol.

Thoughtit was Horner's job.
Old 2 Jun 2018, 07:47 (Ref:3826160)   #390
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Maybe RBR should roll the dice and switch. As long as it doesn’t blow up more than once every 4 races difficult to see how they could do worse than with the Renault.

Similar to perhaps why STR should put Kubica in for Hartley. Really no downside at all, with at least the chance of upside if he proves he can still do it.
Old 5 Jun 2018, 07:19 (Ref:3826901)   #391
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Another couple of names in the frame to replace Hartley??

Wehrlein, Giovinazzi and Kubica are the names that are being mentioned currently. And now there's talk of F2 points leader Lando Norris being in the mix also.

And perhaps another name will be thrown in the mix, after he (a Spanish world champion) has a test drive of the Toro Rosso at the Red Bull Ring today.

Old 5 Jun 2018, 07:21 (Ref:3826902)   #392
S griffin
Veteran

Marquez in F1? Hmm, will he be the new Verstappen?
Old 6 Jun 2018, 16:32 (Ref:3827200)   #393
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/44385107

Mclaren denied STR's request to rent Lando for the remainder of the season.

A McLaren spokesman said: "We are not surprised that other teams approach our drivers. They clearly believe they are as talented as we do."

a Mclaren spokesperson with a sense of humour might be the bigger story though!
Old 6 Jun 2018, 18:52 (Ref:3827243)   #394
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hartley must be really motivated.
Old 6 Jun 2018, 21:38 (Ref:3827277)   #395
S griffin
Veteran

Not gonna help a driver’s confidence if replacements are constantly being lined up
Old 7 Jun 2018, 02:21 (Ref:3827295)   #396
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Todays rumoured driver replacement is ( insert name here ).
Old 7 Jun 2018, 06:04 (Ref:3827304)   #397
Dixon9
Rookie

Dixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hartley has already achieved more in his racing career than the majority of the F1 field ever will and is doing ok for someone who hasn't driven a single seater for years.

If Toro Rosso want to give him the flick for someone elses wonder child because they can't find anyone else they deem worthy to be Verstappen's eventual #2 then that reflects more on Red Bulls program than it does on the young drivers in the world.
Old 7 Jun 2018, 09:04 (Ref:3827327)   #398
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
A 30HP boost for the updated Honda engine from this weekend forward.

That is a big HP gain. But will the Honda hold together for more than one race?

Old 7 Jun 2018, 09:33 (Ref:3827341)   #399
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixon9 View Post
Hartley has already achieved more in his racing career than the majority of the F1 field ever will and is doing ok for someone who hasn't driven a single seater for years.

If Toro Rosso want to give him the flick for someone elses wonder child because they can't find anyone else they deem worthy to be Verstappen's eventual #2 then that reflects more on Red Bulls program than it does on the young drivers in the world.
Old 7 Jun 2018, 09:50 (Ref:3827346)   #400
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Todays rumoured driver replacement is ( insert name here ).
They asked me, but I'm already under a driver contract to my kids...