Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Apr 2019, 16:02 (Ref:3900769)   #101
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
We may both have come to that conclusion, as that’s how it looked on C4 prog!
Thanks for the support Mike!
Old 30 Apr 2019, 17:18 (Ref:3900784)   #102
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
When I watched my recording of the race highlights early on Monday morning before coming to work, I *thought* the endplate lights came on when he selected reverse. I didn't re-play the footage, so only saw it once and briefly. I am more than happy to accept that I am mistaken.
I think it's just a coincidence that the car is harvesting while in reverse, so all 3 rear light units come on.

Looking at the replay, I did wonder if it was a reflection near the centre light you had seen?

This is the first season with end plate lights, I think they'll stand out quite a bit in the night races.

I guess they don't stand out too much if this is the first time you've noticed them?
Old 30 Apr 2019, 23:03 (Ref:3900869)   #103
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I knew it was a coincidence they came on as he was reversing. I do like the rear lights, they are a fancy addition this season. They certainly look the part
Old 1 May 2019, 03:18 (Ref:3900900)   #104
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good old formula 1, now we are excited about putting 2 lights on the rear wing.
What has the world come to?
Old 1 May 2019, 04:24 (Ref:3900902)   #105
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post

Well, one of us is excited....
Old 1 May 2019, 09:51 (Ref:3900938)   #106
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
The additional lights are something that has come across from LMPs, the centre light is right in the middle of the wake and spray from the diffuser when running in the wet. The extra lights are much more visible according to the drivers.
Old 2 May 2019, 10:32 (Ref:3901172)   #107
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I can see why. It certainly helps the driver behind and that can only be a good thing
Old 3 May 2019, 10:29 (Ref:3901464)   #108
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
In retrospect after 4 Merc 1-2's it was perhaps not the best deciscion to this year permanently switch to the thinner tyre thread that last year Mercedes clearly worked best with. In a season where getting the tyres switched on is quite difficult and critical that's quite the advantage to have.
As said:
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/f1-reifen-2019-pirelli-arbeitsfenster/
Old 3 May 2019, 14:37 (Ref:3901515)   #109
S griffin
Veteran

Well it can't just be tyres, although they would have helped. Their whole package, chassis and engine is on top form