Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 22 Nov 2014, 20:48 (Ref:3477632)   #26
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Knowing Red Bull they will bend the rules untill they are at the point where they snap.......
Old 22 Nov 2014, 20:52 (Ref:3477635)   #27
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
RB excluded from qualifying, start from the back of the grid provided they can stiffen the problem areas of the wings overnight.
I guess no podium chance for Ricciardo...
Old 22 Nov 2014, 20:59 (Ref:3477636)   #28
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Anything can happen in this race..
Old 22 Nov 2014, 22:57 (Ref:3477661)   #29
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Maybe they will have a stiffer one by the morning ?
Lucky them. We'd all like that...
Old 22 Nov 2014, 23:54 (Ref:3477669)   #30
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There's not a huge difference in pit lane vs back of the grid start, just a few positions at the start. But if starting from pit lane could they both now change the engine and gearbox so they could run full tit for the race? I doubt they would, especially for Vettel since he already had the change recently.

Does kind of make the Bottas/Vettel/Alonso battle for 4th in points a bit of a letdown, there's no way Bottas will be caught so it's just a decider of seeing if Vettel can catch Alonso in the race. Ferrari's pace here is pretty slow.

As for Caterham... Will Stevens? Really? Gosh he must have some big financial backing behind him. I could probably list 100 drivers I'd put in the car before him.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 02:26 (Ref:3477693)   #31
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Knowing Red Bull they will bend the rules untill they are at the point where they snap.......

Heh heh nice one
Old 23 Nov 2014, 04:47 (Ref:3477718)   #32
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Maybe they will have a stiffer one by the morning ?

If they have the spares, I would change everything and start one or both from pit lane on different strategies. See if they can get one of their cars into 3rd place.

Last edited by dsg; 23 Nov 2014 at 04:49. Reason: edited to clarify.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 07:48 (Ref:3477741)   #33
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
There's not a huge difference in pit lane vs back of the grid start, just a few positions at the start. But if starting from pit lane could they both now change the engine and gearbox so they could run full tit for the race? I doubt they would, especially for Vettel since he already had the change recently.

Does kind of make the Bottas/Vettel/Alonso battle for 4th in points a bit of a letdown, there's no way Bottas will be caught so it's just a decider of seeing if Vettel can catch Alonso in the race. Ferrari's pace here is pretty slow.

As for Caterham... Will Stevens? Really? Gosh he must have some big financial backing behind him. I could probably list 100 drivers I'd put in the car before him.
Ooh go on then, list away...

The guy has won races and been a general front runner in both FR 2.0 and 3.5.

He deserves a chance and has got in with the job of chipping away at bringing his times down with relish.

He hadn't blotted his copybook by slamming into the barriers either which says a lot!
Old 23 Nov 2014, 09:27 (Ref:3477755)   #34
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Agree. give the guy a chance he has helped get caterham on the grid so stop being a pain, would you rather they were not there
Old 23 Nov 2014, 09:51 (Ref:3477761)   #35
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Ooh go on then, list away...

The guy has won races and been a general front runner in both FR 2.0 and 3.5.

He deserves a chance and has got in with the job of chipping away at bringing his times down with relish.

He hadn't blotted his copybook by slamming into the barriers either which says a lot!
Hehe not sure if I could quite manage 100, but I think Lotterer showed with just a qualifying session that you don't have to have raced single seaters for a while to be fast. There's probably almost a dozen Indycar drivers with so much more experience that could do the job, even if they are in different cars and trakcs. Same with with Formula E, there's several in Gp2, WEC,
a few in 3.5, also several recent ex-GP2 fellas/F1 test drivers that aren't doing much. How about the GP2 commentator? :P
Not sure about GP3... probably just Alex Lynn. The rest - Stoneman and Stanaway need a bit more time.

To be honest I haven't watch all the 3.5 races this year, since they're not televised here, so I don't know enough about Will. I'm not against giving Will a chance, good for him. I'm just thinking from a spectators point of view, and if this was the teams last race under their current banner, I personally would have gone for someone more exciting than a fella that's won a grand total of 5 car races in his entire life.

First instance, their own reserve driver Robin Frijns...
Old 23 Nov 2014, 11:20 (Ref:3477782)   #36
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Agree. give the guy a chance he has helped get caterham on the grid so stop being a pain, would you rather they were not there
this, he'd been working with the team all year and has a big bag of money. best case scenario win.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 12:53 (Ref:3477788)   #37
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
We, internet posters, may have the time to kill to knock about this perfect driver or the other perfect driver for the seat. These guys don't have the luxury for that. They got to hire to someone pronto, someone capable of paying the bills and that someone is Stevens. They didn't pick Stevens just for the giggles let's put it that way.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 13:04 (Ref:3477792)   #38
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great start by Hamilton as he gets the lead.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 13:28 (Ref:3477795)   #39
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
superb jev/vergne battle!

also i was not aware of a rule, even a playground one that says that you must capitulate to alonso even if you're racing him for track position.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 13:30 (Ref:3477796)   #40
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ready for some battles. Come on boys.
Leave the cruise control button at "off".
Old 23 Nov 2014, 13:34 (Ref:3477798)   #41
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Rgms320 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
also i was not aware of a rule, even a playground one that says that you must capitulate to alonso even if you're racing him for track position.
That's known as "the Nelson Piquet rule."
Old 23 Nov 2014, 13:42 (Ref:3477800)   #42
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
bravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
superb jev/vergne battle!

I thought JEV was Vergne! Have RBR cloned him? Think one of them was RIC?

Agree though, it was a great battle.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 13:46 (Ref:3477802)   #43
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What a total watse of my time.

Lap 19 and already fallen asleep

Time to go shopping.

No wonder they came up with double points, as otherwise all you would be left talking about is a dullard race track, hundreds of media who have wasted theri and our time going there to see the winner of the world time trial champioships crowned.

Pathetic sport sorry.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 13:47 (Ref:3477803)   #44
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kovalainen visit now Abu Dhabi, he also live there
Old 23 Nov 2014, 13:49 (Ref:3477804)   #45
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Rosberg's ERS has failed.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 13:49 (Ref:3477805)   #46
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
Rosberg lost electric energy recovery system. Hope it's not a repeat of Canada.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 13:54 (Ref:3477807)   #47
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
Toasty Lotus for Pastor.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 13:56 (Ref:3477808)   #48
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo View Post
I thought JEV was Vergne! Have RBR cloned him? Think one of them was RIC?

Agree though, it was a great battle.
lol, sorry, only got 3 braincells on duty and 2 of them are watching the race
Old 23 Nov 2014, 13:57 (Ref:3477809)   #49
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There we go - Button and Alonso.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 13:57 (Ref:3477812)   #50
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
That was good stuff, with Alonso eventually getting the better of Button.