Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Apr 2020, 03:11 (Ref:3969485)   #1
LW97
Rookie

LW97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLW97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could Nico Hülkenberg profit from the COVID 19 break?

Unlike the other drivers, he didn't have a seat for 2020 to begin with.
Old 9 Apr 2020, 07:15 (Ref:3969527)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Probably not, unless he has been secretly manufacturing ventilators in his spare time.

He will still have no seat and there may well be even less seats available soon anyways.
Old 9 Apr 2020, 09:11 (Ref:3969540)   #3
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Just where would he fit in? AFAIK no drivers' on the current grid have any health problems and I doubt any new teams would come in at this current time. I just can't see it happening myself
Old 9 Apr 2020, 12:47 (Ref:3969590)   #4
LW97
Rookie

LW97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLW97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Probably not, unless he has been secretly manufacturing ventilators in his spare time.

He will still have no seat and there may well be even less seats available soon anyways.
I'm afraid you're right. It's stupid, but that's the way modern F1 goes. IMHO Günther Steiner should have signed him instead of Grosjean - who only scared eight points last season, if I'm honest, he should be out of F1 - and since he's from South Tyrol (Italian on the paper only ), he would've had a driver that speaks his mother language then. Or would there have been a problems with Hulk and Magnussen being in the same team?
Old 9 Apr 2020, 13:36 (Ref:3969599)   #5
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It’s a shame Hulk is no longer fashionable in F1 terms. He still can do a good job. I wonder just how much his height has counted against him
Old 9 Apr 2020, 13:37 (Ref:3969600)   #6
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

I am completely puzzled by the thread title?

Richard
Old 9 Apr 2020, 15:04 (Ref:3969614)   #7
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In answer to the question:

No, unless a team wants to risk another van der Garde situation.
Old 9 Apr 2020, 15:13 (Ref:3969617)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Which would be a smart move!
Old 9 Apr 2020, 18:21 (Ref:3969651)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by LW97 View Post
I'm afraid you're right. It's stupid, but that's the way modern F1 goes. IMHO Günther Steiner should have signed him instead of Grosjean - who only scared eight points last season, if I'm honest, he should be out of F1 - and since he's from South Tyrol (Italian on the paper only ), he would've had a driver that speaks his mother language then. Or would there have been a problems with Hulk and Magnussen being in the same team?
I think Hulk and Magnussen can work together. I mean it isn't like Grosjean is gelling with him particularly well!

I wish they had signed Hulk because I really like him. But that said, has he really shown enough? He has been around a long time and he never quite strings it together at the right time like Perez seems to for instance.
Old 9 Apr 2020, 19:51 (Ref:3969670)   #10
LW97
Rookie

Veggie

Quote:
I think Hulk and Magnussen can work together. I mean it isn't like Grosjean is gelling with him particularly well!

I wish they had signed Hulk because I really like him. But that said, has he really shown enough? He has been around a long time and he never quite strings it together at the right time like Perez seems to for instance.
He would most certainly be better than Grosjean, since Grosjean's 2019 season was a complete disaster.

Let's hope his F1 career is far from over yet. He is 32, but Kimi is still not thinking about retiring at age 40, and Fangio became World Champion at age 46, when safety was not an issue, and now that safety IS an issue, age should be none.
Old 9 Apr 2020, 20:35 (Ref:3969679)   #11
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
I don’t think his height is the problem.

He wanted about 20 x the $ Bigjohn gets for the same level of historical results.
Old 10 Apr 2020, 06:40 (Ref:3969712)   #12
S griffin
Veteran

Hulk could afford to put his price down a bit, after all his experience would be invaluable
Old 10 Apr 2020, 13:29 (Ref:3969783)   #13
LW97
Rookie

Dessert

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Hulk could afford to put his price down a bit, after all his experience would be invaluable
Indeed. He is possible one of the most underrated drivers in F1 history.
Old 10 Apr 2020, 15:19 (Ref:3969808)   #14
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
You may be correct, but if those that decide such things agreed with you he wouldn’t be out of a job. And I suspect they’ve seen more of him than most have. I’m not saying he isn’t good, just maybe not quite good enough.
Old 10 Apr 2020, 15:59 (Ref:3969824)   #15
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:

I’d say more overlooked than underrated
Old 10 Apr 2020, 16:19 (Ref:3969834)   #16
LW97
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I’d say more overlooked than underrated
I wonder why. Only because of his nationality?
Old 10 Apr 2020, 16:29 (Ref:3969838)   #17
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Why are you so certain that all of the F1 team bosses are wrong about him?
Old 10 Apr 2020, 16:37 (Ref:3969840)   #18
LW97
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Why are you so certain that all of the F1 team bosses are wrong about him?
He has shown some great performances with mediocre cars, even though unlike Checo Perez he wasn't able to make a Top 3 out of them. At least he has shown that he is the opposite of a coward, sadly it didn't go well for him then, see Sao Paulo 2012 and Hockenheim 2019. Overall I would say he was indeed 'born in the wrong generation', his driving style reminds me a lot of the 90's (Heinz-Harald Frentzen).
Old 10 Apr 2020, 16:37 (Ref:3969841)   #19
LW97
Rookie

It's almost like the F1 bosses never wanted him on the podium
Old 10 Apr 2020, 16:42 (Ref:3969844)   #20
peebee2
Veteran

I understand. I think he’s a good driver, who hasn’t for whatever reason been able to snatch top results when chances fell his way.

He is very confident in his ability and wants paying top money, which is a challenge when others will do it for a lot less, or even pay massively for the privilege, like Stroll, Norris or Latifi.

He got paid enormous money to drive for Renault and really didn’t deliver did he?
Old 10 Apr 2020, 17:06 (Ref:3969851)   #21
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
If I understand this right, you are suggesting that a significant portion of the f1 paddock is xenophobic?
Old 10 Apr 2020, 17:51 (Ref:3969863)   #22
LW97
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
If I understand this right, you are suggesting that a significant portion of the f1 paddock is xenophobic?
Perhaps. I can't answer this question with a yes or no.
Old 10 Apr 2020, 17:52 (Ref:3969864)   #23
LW97
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
I understand. I think he’s a good driver, who hasn’t for whatever reason been able to snatch top results when chances fell his way.

He is very confident in his ability and wants paying top money, which is a challenge when others will do it for a lot less, or even pay massively for the privilege, like Stroll, Norris or Latifi.

He got paid enormous money to drive for Renault and really didn’t deliver did he?
The 2019 Renault was crap anyways compared to the 2018. Renault promised to make the Renault a winning car in 2019, but they failed. There is no denial that Ricciardo performed better, but even he struggled too. I think this move was a mistake, he should have moved to McLaren IMHO.
Old 11 Apr 2020, 02:58 (Ref:3969945)   #24
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
The 2019 Renault was crap anyways compared to the 2018. Renault promised to make the Renault a winning car in 2019, but they failed. There is no denial that Ricciardo performed better, but even he struggled too. I think this move was a mistake, he should have moved to McLaren IMHO.
Well that's just blatantly untrue.
Every noise coming out of Renault and Ricciardo was a slow burn to close the gap to the top three teams. Google is your friend before making wild inaccurate statements.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/motors...edf2c71babecf1

Quote:
Ricciardo and Renault have both been clear they aren’t expecting miracles in 2019 and a championship tilt is not even on the table, but the Aussie star wants to see improvement across the board.
Old 11 Apr 2020, 03:51 (Ref:3969953)   #25
LW97
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Well that's just blatantly untrue.
Every noise coming out of Renault and Ricciardo was a slow burn to close the gap to the top three teams. Google is your friend before making wild inaccurate statements.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/motors...edf2c71babecf1
I don't see it at all. Compare the 2018 results to the 2019 results.