Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 27 Aug 2009, 20:46 (Ref:2529504)   #51
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
Now it will get interesting.

I'm still waiting for the interesting part

Ciao Marco
Old 27 Aug 2009, 22:26 (Ref:2529603)   #52
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seriously. I'm sure it will come, but Capirossi is not so interesting. I like Capirex, but I think it's time to move on.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 10:22 (Ref:2530333)   #53
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Agreed - Suzuki wont win with Loris on the bike! They must be happy with P8 or P9...
Old 29 Aug 2009, 13:49 (Ref:2530438)   #54
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
they won't win with Chris either .. unless it's raining

Ciao Marco
Old 29 Aug 2009, 17:15 (Ref:2530554)   #55
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think people underestimate Loris to be honest.

He has won quite a few races on Ducati, won on NSR 2 strokes against decent opposition and has got some good results for Suzuki.

I would rate him as highly as many riders who have been hampered by not having decent bikes despite being quick enough like Hopkins and Melandri.

It's guys that dont win on decent bikes that annoy me like Elias, Edwards, de Puniet (though to be fair he is quick, just crash crazy), Nakano etc etc. Quick but not winners.

I do not necessarily believe that Hopper, Loros et al would be winning races every week on a Yamaha but I am sure they would win a few!! Unlike the present two Tech3 riders
Old 29 Aug 2009, 20:47 (Ref:2530680)   #56
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
dePuinet on a decent bike .. cabable of winning ?? ..
i could understand Elias who has a factory honda . or Edwards with a Yamaha
next you'd be saying Talmacsi should've won races already

Ciao Marco
Old 30 Aug 2009, 09:04 (Ref:2530900)   #57
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In fairness de Puniet has had some decent bikes and not won, and also was a bit like Stoner in 250, he did win a few races and was quick on a 250!

He's been on a decent Honda for a couple of years and was pretty good on a Kwakker, but how long can you expect to give someone before they dont win?

The days of Barros, Tamada, Nakano are over hopefully!
Old 30 Aug 2009, 11:34 (Ref:2530956)   #58
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where do you stand on de Angelis with a single win in the 250's the highlight of his entire GP career?
Old 30 Aug 2009, 21:34 (Ref:2531499)   #59
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Think de Angelis is worthy of atleast a Pramac Ducati ride in 2010 - his 250 record of podium's is pretty good... His ride at Indy was darn good, just needs to be consistent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
they won't win with Chris either .. unless it's raining
They made the right decision giving Chris the boot
Old 31 Aug 2009, 09:26 (Ref:2531742)   #60
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I wouldnt give de Angelis a ride

Tow half decent ride in two years on a reasonable bike that Dovi was getting top 5 on every week is not good enough.

He is only pushing on to get a ride a la Elias.

Very familiar in GP racing sadly and a lot of riders do it.
Old 31 Aug 2009, 11:57 (Ref:2531799)   #61
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Yeah maybe, but i would rather see de Angelis & Elias i think than Canepa, Espargaro & Talmacsi (who should've earnt his stripes in 250cc) - saying that, they are all going to struggle on these bikes against "factory" riders who are experienced...

Be good if the top 3 from 250cc this year push up to Moto GP - we know 2 of them are already...
Old 31 Aug 2009, 14:49 (Ref:2531873)   #62
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What we know:

Fiat Yamaha
Rossi & Lorenzo

Tech 3 Yamaha
? & ?

Ducati
Stoner & ?

Pramac Ducati
? & ?

Aspar Ducati
Barbera

Rizla Suzuki
Capirossi & Bautista

Repsol Honda
? & ?

Gresini Honda
Melandri & Simoncelli

LCR Honda
?

Scott Honda
?

Technically, there are two open seats at Repsol Honda and one open seat at factory Ducati.

Tech 3 have two seats and said they have a seat for Spies if he wants it, but I have heard nothing about that being a done deal. What will Pramac do? Then we have LCR Honda and Scot Honda. Not many answers so far.
Old 31 Aug 2009, 17:05 (Ref:2531956)   #63
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
I'd like Tech3 with dePuinet and Spies ..

Ciao Marco
Old 31 Aug 2009, 17:54 (Ref:2531982)   #64
Tazz
Racer

Romania
Brasov, RO
Tazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
....and one open seat at factory Ducati.
I don't think that's open anymore. If you ask me, Hayden stays...
Old 3 Sep 2009, 15:10 (Ref:2533848)   #65
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Ducati have confirmed Hayden for 2010, which surly means that Dovi and Pedrosa will stay at Honda.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 17:24 (Ref:2533927)   #66
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Seems that Toseland might be staying!

From what BBC were saying and hinting, Yamaha dont want two Americans on the team and Spies is obviosuly a shoe in at TEch-3

I iagine Dorna are helping the Toseland cause but for me if he stays and Edwards goes then the days of GP being talent based are gone.

I do like JT and see the need for Brits, but forcing a rider out who has got better results in every way ALL YEAR is simple farce and almost tantamout to unsporting behaviour!
Old 3 Sep 2009, 17:28 (Ref:2533930)   #67
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Herve Poncharal's take on Toseland:

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2009/Sep/090903c.htm

So he needs an excuse for 2010. I don't know what else they could change for him to be more successfull. But it wouldn't surprise me if Dorna push for the Brit factor.
Old 4 Sep 2009, 16:58 (Ref:2534513)   #68
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Spies has signed with Yamaha to race in World Superbike in 2010 and Moto GP in 2011.
Old 4 Sep 2009, 19:11 (Ref:2534592)   #69
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Ahaha that makes interesting reading

So Maybe Edwards might kepe his seat and Toseland can be sent packing!! Surely a better bet for the sponsors etc and TEch-3 though not perhaps long term
Old 6 Sep 2009, 10:08 (Ref:2535213)   #70
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jules Ryder said there would be 8 Hondas next year, and it sort of sounded to me like he was intoning there would be 1 more? But there are already 8 Hondas out there? Also DORNA are pushing once again for the manufacturers to supply engine only packages to teams with their own chassis, so we might go back to the days of WCM, Harris, Kanemoto etc
Old 6 Sep 2009, 11:11 (Ref:2535235)   #71
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I think that is a very good idea, much like F1 with Renault and Ferrari and Toyota.

I cant really understadn the decision of BMW to run away, but in bikes it might be a little harder as the engine/chassis package seems to be so much more together than in car racing.

Roberts ran a Honda engine remember in their own chassis and indeed were often the quickest Honda which proves that HRC dont always make the best chassis!

I would like to see Suzuki, Kawasaki et al trim their costs by contuiing to build engines without having to build bikes. All other parts of the package can then be open such as electronics etc, they can be considered part of the chassis I guess.

People like Harris, Moriwaki, FTR, Roberts and many others could legitimately start getting into GP again, especially now theya re building chassis for GP2.
Old 9 Sep 2009, 16:15 (Ref:2537137)   #72
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Anyone heard about this?

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/152...cia_debut.html

A new team called FB Corse Engineering that will be running their own bike. They will debut at Valencia prior to a full season run next year.
Old 9 Sep 2009, 19:42 (Ref:2537272)   #73
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Haha, all sounds a bit Ilmor to me!

Havent heard a thing about this all year, so lets hope its a good thing, but am not that optimistic.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 00:17 (Ref:2537446)   #74
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
That's what I'm thinking.
Old 15 Sep 2009, 21:13 (Ref:2541534)   #75
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Does anyone have any thoughts on the Rossi / Ducati "thing" that's doing the rounds ? After all Vali does like to win on "anything" just to prove a point !
It's a bit too early for winter testing at the moment for new teams at my local Almeria circuit, but I will slip up there next week as two or three years back I managed to catch Jeremy Mcwilliams & Cadalora testing the BMW Moto GP bike, so you never know

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 15 Sep 2009 at 21:37.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !