Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 11 Aug 2010, 17:37 (Ref:2743128)   #51
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Capirossi is close to a done deal at Pramac Ducati. Seems the Tech 3 and LCR links were only early rumors. I'm guessing they will keep Espargaro and dump Kallio. He's out qualififed Kallio all but once, and is only 3 points behind him despite one more DNF.
Old 12 Aug 2010, 16:59 (Ref:2743625)   #52
Tazz
Racer

Romania
Brasov, RO
Tazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Capirex back where he belongs, on a Ducati
Can't wait for that to happen.
Old 12 Aug 2010, 20:31 (Ref:2743754)   #53
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rossi will make his announcement on Sunday after the race...
Old 13 Aug 2010, 17:28 (Ref:2744211)   #54
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
Capirex back where he belongs, on a Ducati
Can't wait for that to happen.
actually .. I don't think there's a bike company in 2 wheels road racing that Capirex doesn't belong .. he has raced all of them

Ciao Marco
Old 13 Aug 2010, 17:55 (Ref:2744228)   #55
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
It was announced at the AMA riders meeting today that Laguna Seca is looking to add 125 and Moto 2 next year. It is being worked out with Dorna. Apparantly, it could mean moving the two US rounds closer together for traveling costs.

Selfishly I hope this is true of course.
Old 13 Aug 2010, 18:08 (Ref:2744241)   #56
Tazz
Racer

Romania
Brasov, RO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
actually .. I don't think there's a bike company in 2 wheels road racing that Capirex doesn't belong .. he has raced all of them
Yeah maybe, but that's where i want him to be. On a Duke
Old 15 Aug 2010, 10:59 (Ref:2744749)   #57
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rule changes for this, next year and beyond:
http://www.racers-republic.com/motog...-moto3-engines
Old 15 Aug 2010, 19:26 (Ref:2744878)   #58
Tazz
Racer

Romania
Brasov, RO
Finally, they made it public. Rossi to Ducati. yeeey
I'm not a fan of him, but if he can brings us a title or two, i won't mind.
Old 15 Aug 2010, 20:45 (Ref:2744925)   #59
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Given how sorry the racing is, this will keep me interested next year. I'm very curious how Rossi will get on with the Duc.
Old 16 Aug 2010, 12:28 (Ref:2745183)   #60
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
Finally, they made it public. Rossi to Ducati. yeeey
I'm not a fan of him, but if he can brings us a title or two, i won't mind.
Another veiled dig at Lorenzo and indeed the Yamaha management by trying to take the credit for the M1's success and by inference diminishing Jorge's amazing results over the past three seasons.

Lets hope Ducati step up to the plate for him, or else he might be struggling like Casey has this year and last.

I guess I'm probably in the minority on this one, but Rossi has diminished in my eyes with the graceless way he has reacted to Jorge coming in and beating him.
Old 16 Aug 2010, 12:36 (Ref:2745188)   #61
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well I think for the first tiem in his career he has coem up against someone who can readily beat him and do it as easily as he could to others before.

And on the same bike which must pain him even more.

I dont think this has been Valentino's best year on a race bike, perhaps even his worst. The Camel Yam was a bad year but this is far worse, coz he hasnt had the pace and seems dis-spirited and simply unable to go as fast as usual.

Maybe the time for someone else to step abive him is here? Although the fact that he sometimes cant beat guys like Dani make me wonder whether the bike or something simply has gone away from his style and towards Jorge's? Maybe this move has been apparent for a long time and Valentino has not been getting the best bits for a long time?

He was bign rather petulant about money? Youc ant expect to get paid more than the guy who is beating you?
Old 16 Aug 2010, 14:38 (Ref:2745243)   #62
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Well, this is an odd year to find a pattern with Vale. So I'm not sure it’s as bad as all that. He had his eyes opened in 2007 and the first half of 2008. Stoner genuinely troubled him during that space of time. But he was arguably quite brilliant in the later half of 2008 and through 2009. However, it must surly surprise him to see how much Lorenzo has matured over the course of one year. Last year Rossi could push Lorenzo into mistakes, but not so this year is it?

In one sense, I can see his frustration having built that team and bike into what it is. With that said, Yamaha would be daft to not consider the future. It all segways into a change for Rossi at Ducati, which will be an interesting adventure for him. And we all know Rossi likes the adventure (and the game) as much as the racing.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 11:03 (Ref:2745831)   #63
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jorge was on Valentino's pace last year & now Rossi is recovering from a broken leg whilst Jorge is at the top of his game at a youthful 23/24 - wouldnt delve to deep into any theories....

Good time for Vale to change teams
Old 17 Aug 2010, 15:39 (Ref:2746012)   #64
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Ahem, cough *papering over the cracks*...
Old 18 Aug 2010, 09:58 (Ref:2746478)   #65
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not really, its bike racing - **** happens...Its only 10 weeks since he broke his leg - what pace should he be on?

Last edited by gomick; 18 Aug 2010 at 10:15.
Old 18 Aug 2010, 11:28 (Ref:2746511)   #66
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Ignore me Gomick, I'm just on the wind up. I have to admit I am not a Rossi fan, but I do worry that Ducati will not have the resources and people to make him a regular winner next year - if they have'nt kept up since Casey won the world title then why should they start now? They've also lost some key personnel have'nt they? I am sure Yamaha wont want to relinquish Jorge's title as and when he wins it, and Im pretty sure Honda will redouble their efforts with two aliens on the payroll.
Old 18 Aug 2010, 15:41 (Ref:2746618)   #67
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
I'm curious about 2011. It's the last year of the 800's, so I'm not sure how much the factories are going to invest in a configuration that is on its last leg. Certainly Yamaha will once again be in pole position. I can see Stoner putting the Honda to better use than Pedrosa has.

Sure enough though, Ducati have not been as threatening as they were in 2008 and parts of 2009. With that said, I believe Ducati just missed the plot this year. From what I've read, they were trying to improve the rear of the bike. But in doing so, they ruined the front, which was a strong point in prior years. Certainly they will need an influx of funds in order to gain the lost ground, and prepare for 2012.
Old 18 Aug 2010, 17:10 (Ref:2746655)   #68
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Does anyone know if Vale is taking Burges and Co wth him to Ducati?
Old 18 Aug 2010, 17:57 (Ref:2746680)   #69
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
That has not been mentioned as of yet.
Old 18 Aug 2010, 19:50 (Ref:2746753)   #70
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i've heard the commentators that do MotoGP in romanian say that Burgees is indeed going with Vale .. but they're not known for reliability

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Aug 2010, 21:12 (Ref:2747782)   #71
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
I do worry that Ducati will not have the resources and people to make him a regular winner next year - if they have'nt kept up since Casey won the world title then why should they start now?
That is a fair point.... Guess the "Burgess decision" is the answer that Ducati need aswell to start afresh, reckon they probably have him too!
Old 21 Aug 2010, 18:42 (Ref:2748059)   #72
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Didnt Jules say Burgess has some issues with the Italians or certain members of Ducati? Still, money talks.
Old 23 Aug 2010, 02:48 (Ref:2748750)   #73
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
You'd think Vale would only sign if he could take those boys across...
Old 23 Aug 2010, 05:42 (Ref:2748774)   #74
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JB might not have a realistic option. Rumours are that Jorge is very happy working with Wilco and Spies is apparently bringing his chief mechanic with him from Tech 3. There may not be a spot for JB at Yamaha, or at least not one he would be happy with.
Old 23 Aug 2010, 14:47 (Ref:2748980)   #75
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfit View Post
JB might not have a realistic option. Rumours are that Jorge is very happy working with Wilco and Spies is apparently bringing his chief mechanic with him from Tech 3. There may not be a spot for JB at Yamaha, or at least not one he would be happy with.
This is a good point. With that said, I wouldn't mind seeing JB working with Stoner.