Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 30 May 2012, 06:33 (Ref:3081647)   #51
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
I'm sure Jason would talk sensibly
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 30 May 2012, 08:19 (Ref:3081703)   #52
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In the first year, David had a long tube on the Tuf Jug which went right down into the Montego filler neck and delivered the fuel almost into the tank. I thought it was safer than the TJ with the dry break, which only delivers the fuel into the filler neck about 2-3" down in a horizontal spray. We've struggled all along to get a complete dry seal because of the angle of the filler pipe, and the Monty was even worse IIRC.
Old 30 May 2012, 08:57 (Ref:3081726)   #53
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
ah DT Direct Claire, no wonder i couldn't find it in the online catalogue. So they do both types, price being the big difference. So with several sources there's no excuse is there.
Old 30 May 2012, 09:01 (Ref:3081729)   #54
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
In the first year, David had a long tube on the Tuf Jug which went right down into the Montego filler neck and delivered the fuel almost into the tank. I thought it was safer than the TJ with the dry break, which only delivers the fuel into the filler neck about 2-3" down in a horizontal spray. We've struggled all along to get a complete dry seal because of the angle of the filler pipe, and the Monty was even worse IIRC.
correct Max but I hold my hand up and say that my inability to design and modify a road car into a safe and legal race car is no excuse. We spent a LOT of time over the winter with this on the 924 and are reasonably happy with the current setup.
Old 30 May 2012, 11:46 (Ref:3081799)   #55
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
correct Max but I hold my hand up and say that my inability to design and modify a road car into a safe and legal race car is no excuse. We spent a LOT of time over the winter with this on the 924 and are reasonably happy with the current setup.
Me too! It's "not bad" but a bit slow. We didn't spill any on the floor (well, not much LOL) or over the hot wheel so it must have worked, but I'm still not happy. Maybe I'll look at air coming back into the churn like mike did, we ran that with Thundersports some years ago and it dumped 8 gallons of fuel before you could blink!
Old 30 May 2012, 12:46 (Ref:3081838)   #56
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Well as the cap on the end of the VP nozzle unscrews I dare say a drybreak valve screw on option is available. The one that MGDavid linked to is the one I was talking about, all the hose gubbins is inside.
Old 30 May 2012, 13:03 (Ref:3081845)   #57
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The dry break doesn't work unless the return hose vents up the handle.
Old 30 May 2012, 13:06 (Ref:3081846)   #58
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I know not any use for pit lane refuelling without the drybreak but I would still much prefer the jugs than a gerry can and funnel. It makes fueling up the Camaro with standard position tank and filler very easy.
Old 30 May 2012, 18:52 (Ref:3082041)   #59
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As i,m entering the 917, i will have to adapt the fuel tank filler tube (3 1/2" internal diameter) to take the dry break coupling on the TJs.

As i have not purchased these at present and no one in my neck of the woods has any to borrow one to measure, would one of you be kind enough to tell me the neck and flange diameters so that i can produce a smaller internal neck.

Many thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC05644.jpg  
Old 30 May 2012, 20:33 (Ref:3082104)   #60
midgetman
Veteran

PM me your address and I'll pop one of mine on a carrier so you can have a good paw round it.
Old 31 May 2012, 08:51 (Ref:3082318)   #61
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
PM me your address and I'll pop one of mine on a carrier so you can have a good paw round it.
As always, you are a star and i am very gratefull to you for that kind offer.

However, it is not cost effective for all that effort, so i might as well bite the bullet and order the jugs early. I should have gone down this route years ago but have never needed to refuel mid race for one hour events in either car before as tank capacity has been sufficient. This two hour race is going to need a top-up though and i,m certainly not going to do a repeat of the Olympic breakfast sprint fiasco where i had chronic fuel pickup and then ran out !!!!!!! Rarely have i felt so stupid in miscalculating fuel usage and not putting sufficient in.

Thankyou though once again.
Old 31 May 2012, 11:15 (Ref:3082398)   #62
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Ops I did that earlier in the year and it was only a 20 minute race I conked out at Bombhole on the last lap duh.
Old 31 May 2012, 11:52 (Ref:3082515)   #63
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Hope you all got your newsletter this morning ....delivered to your mailbox so that it greeted you when you woke
Old 31 May 2012, 12:44 (Ref:3082554)   #64
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
Hope you all got your newsletter this morning ....delivered to your mailbox so that it greeted you when you woke
You need to get up earlier than that Claire, I was already in work when it arrived on my phone.
Old 31 May 2012, 12:53 (Ref:3082565)   #65
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
You need to get up earlier than that Claire, I was already in work when it arrived on my phone.
Great Tim, did it download ok to your phone? It does to my Blackberry
Old 31 May 2012, 13:21 (Ref:3082585)   #66
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Great Tim, did it download ok to your phone? It does to my Blackberry
Dunno I didn't read it Seriously though it was fine, it re-formats to fit the screen and the pictures open OK. That's on an Android.
Old 31 May 2012, 15:30 (Ref:3082663)   #67
midgetman
Veteran

"Perceived marketing wisdom" is that the best time to send a newsletter is mid-afternoon on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Send it overnight and it's a case of "Oh, I'll read that later" when we open up our work in-boxes, but it gets deleted as the work piles up. 2pm or 3pm and we've got the morning post shifted and can spend some time on it over a cup of tea. Why Tuesday or Wednesday I don't know!

Come on then, your mailer software should tell you whether Tim's pulling your leg or not re the time he read it!
Old 31 May 2012, 15:48 (Ref:3082667)   #68
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:

Come on then, your mailer software should tell you whether Tim's pulling your leg or not re the time he read it!
I didn't say I read it at 4am just that it was there.
Old 31 May 2012, 15:50 (Ref:3082671)   #69
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
"Perceived marketing wisdom" is that the best time to send a newsletter is mid-afternoon on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Send it overnight and it's a case of "Oh, I'll read that later" when we open up our work in-boxes, but it gets deleted as the work piles up. 2pm or 3pm and we've got the morning post shifted and can spend some time on it over a cup of tea. Why Tuesday or Wednesday I don't know!

I haven't even looked, I know half were opened, and out of that what the click rate was but I haven't done drill down yet, it will sned me a report soon enough I think
Old 31 May 2012, 17:36 (Ref:3082735)   #70
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
I didn't say I read it at 4am just that it was there.
Ah-ha, back tracking

>>>>You need to get up earlier than that Claire, I was already in work when it arrived on my phone.
Old 31 May 2012, 17:39 (Ref:3082740)   #71
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Ah-ha, back tracking

>>>>You need to get up earlier than that Claire, I was already in work when it arrived on my phone.
I can see you read yours Max
Old 31 May 2012, 17:39 (Ref:3082741)   #72
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt917 View Post
As i,m entering the 917, i will have to adapt the fuel tank filler tube (3 1/2" internal diameter) to take the dry break coupling on the TJs.

As i have not purchased these at present and no one in my neck of the woods has any to borrow one to measure, would one of you be kind enough to tell me the neck and flange diameters so that i can produce a smaller internal neck.

Many thanks in advance.
the flange is 2.75" OD and is 0.25" wide.
The parallel part of the nozzle is 1.425" OD.
HTH

thinking about it, don't you just want a metal disc 4" in diameter with a 2-1/4" hole in the middle, bonded to the flange of the nozzle? Saves spoiling the car...
Old 31 May 2012, 20:45 (Ref:3082879)   #73
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
[QUOTE] Saves spoiling the car...

Thankyou for the measurements.

Do not worry about spoiling its looks. It will still be the same outside but will just have the correct size hole in a plate, fixed in the neck under the alloy fuel cap. Simples !!!

Thankyou once again.

GT.
Old 31 May 2012, 21:37 (Ref:3082916)   #74
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
I can see you read yours Max
Yes I opened mine Claire. I would have read it if it was afternoon on a Tuesday or Wednesday

Now, if you had some links, you would then be able to track which part of the newsletter particularly interested me. Scary isn't it what marketers can tell...
Old 1 Jun 2012, 05:30 (Ref:3083021)   #75
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I've only just found this thread. Graham, you have PM.