Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Aug 2013, 21:53 (Ref:3291491)   #26
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Is this the first round under the the new weight regs?

If so, on such a tight track, could this play into the hands of those that have benefitted?
Old 19 Aug 2013, 02:47 (Ref:3291544)   #27
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Winton is not traditionally a high horsepower track, so it will be interesting.

The weather will also be interesting
http://www.eldersweather.com.au/vic/north-east/winton
Old 20 Aug 2013, 07:06 (Ref:3291952)   #28
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Visited the track this arvo very briefly, there is still lots of work going on, but it is wet, no recent rain, but wet.

They were painting the kerbs and doing more work on track edges, big work

The new garages are built, they were laying bitumen at the front and rear and providing an access road to them, all is looking good.

Some of the traders have started to arrive, the 2 V8SC B-Doubles are there, people are erecting the food tents for the teams.

It is all happening, I had a brief chat to one of the executive team, he was saying that there was a big demand for tickets yesterday and today, so hopefully we will have a good crowd, remember the money from this event (and this event only) goes to the track owners/promoters, not V8SC, so get your back-sides track-side and support the only Car Club owned and run circuit on the V8SC calendar.

Remember you can camp on site, right alongside the track.
Old 21 Aug 2013, 00:08 (Ref:3292207)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Burgess Departure, No Worries - Jamie Whincup
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 22 Aug 2013, 04:39 (Ref:3292611)   #30
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NOW at Winton where's it cold wet windy and muddy camping area has parts that are water logged apart from that its no to bad.
Old 23 Aug 2013, 01:13 (Ref:3292887)   #31
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know where to get live timing from these days?? Might be just me, but the timing link on the v8 website never works anymore, says something about invalid username/password
Old 23 Aug 2013, 02:01 (Ref:3292892)   #32
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Harder. View Post
Anyone know where to get live timing from these days?? Might be just me, but the timing link on the v8 website never works anymore, says something about invalid username/password
live timing

have you tried here, its free but needs modern Java

the old timing went with Telstra and is now something you have to pay for

Last edited by peckstar; 23 Aug 2013 at 02:23.
Old 23 Aug 2013, 02:15 (Ref:3292893)   #33
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers that works
Old 23 Aug 2013, 08:01 (Ref:3292946)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A bit of a mess of a day, cars off the track in the mud, flooded track in places making for some nice photos...

Not sure any of the times mean much...
Old 23 Aug 2013, 10:27 (Ref:3292998)   #35
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Track was fine, in and outfield very wet and muddy.
Old 23 Aug 2013, 11:05 (Ref:3293009)   #36
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
CrashTest has a pic somewhere that will likely end up in AA of Mr Blanchard splasibg thru a mega puddle on the track..
Old 24 Aug 2013, 00:11 (Ref:3293279)   #37
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Meantime, Mr Blanchard has backed #17 into the wall at what looks like turn 4

A bit of damage, didnt smash the rear screen bur the rear quarters, boot, wing & bumper are squished ..
Old 24 Aug 2013, 02:29 (Ref:3293299)   #38
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
free live stream, baseball gone longer than should have

http://firstrownow.eu/watch/202772/1...ualifying.html
Old 24 Aug 2013, 02:56 (Ref:3293304)   #39
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Nissan was 1-2 for a while in that Qually session... Mr Caruso would likely have gotten pole if he didnt go mud hugging...

In the end, a Burgess-less 888 and their lead pilot Mr Whincup landed on pole.

A record 11th for the season

His partner in crime is in 20th or something...
Old 24 Aug 2013, 03:48 (Ref:3293312)   #40
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Is it significant that the two Nissans that were so quick across the weekend were also the 2 cars running the 'new' control fuel trial Article Here

Maybe V8SC have got their maths wrong, as the other Nissans were nowhere for most of the sessions thus far?
Old 24 Aug 2013, 06:13 (Ref:3293334)   #41
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Why is #7 getting its knickers in a twist ablut the Nissan performance in the first half of the 60/60?

Matt White was trying to claim it as a race win...

You might imagine the #5 and #8 off row 2 at the restart might reorder the field a fraction, such was their lapspeed, if not position in the first half
Old 24 Aug 2013, 07:05 (Ref:3293339)   #42
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Congratulations to Nissan Motorsport!

A 1-2 for the Norton Hornets is bloody amazing!

Wonder if they will put the Sucrogen brand on the car, running E50 in the two Norton cars, and Mr Engel's ( notice how much further in front of his teammates he is.. ) while everyone else used E85

Old 24 Aug 2013, 07:23 (Ref:3293342)   #43
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go the Dattys. Really pleased for young Moff, met him a couple of times, seems like a nice guy, must take after his mum.
Old 24 Aug 2013, 07:27 (Ref:3293344)   #44
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great result for Nissan and for the championship and ANOTHER different winning driver and team eh TSR Will Erebus be feeling even more deflated than they are now or will this spur them on ???
A DNF for JW is great for the championship and the co-drivers for the enduro's have now become even more important.
Old 24 Aug 2013, 07:33 (Ref:3293347)   #45
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Congratulations Nissan. Funny that the Jack Daniels cars came 14th and 24th. Do they operate as a 4 car team or 2 separate 2 car teams?
Old 24 Aug 2013, 07:39 (Ref:3293348)   #46
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
Congratulations Nissan. Funny that the Jack Daniels cars came 14th and 24th. Do they operate as a 4 car team or 2 separate 2 car teams?
I can picture the Kelly's congratulating Moff and Caruso in view of others and threatening them with a Dave Reynold's once behind closed doors
Old 24 Aug 2013, 08:19 (Ref:3293357)   #47
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
Two separate 2 car teams. But the yellow ones had one important difference to the black & white ones in that they used a fuel that was not E85, instead closer to E50 (i.e. instead of 85% ethanol in the blend, it was 50% instead)

The alleged impact of this (despite Mr Skaife saying it made no difference) is apparently an improvement firstly in throttle response, and secondly, in power production.

Suggesting that the Norton cars got a free kick... against their teammates as well...

Mr Whincup mentioned it twice in the coverage, so there are plenty of people aware of the goings on....
Old 24 Aug 2013, 08:22 (Ref:3293359)   #48
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Never mind, just saw the previous links re fuel.
Old 24 Aug 2013, 08:38 (Ref:3293363)   #49
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Woohoo! V8SC making rules up as they go along....

Old 24 Aug 2013, 08:40 (Ref:3293366)   #50
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....