Felipe Nasr 0 0%
Will Stevens 0 0%
Alexander Rossi 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 Sep 2015, 06:06 (Ref:3577341)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Japanese Grand Prix 2015

Who do you choose?
Old 27 Sep 2015, 07:35 (Ref:3577355)   #2
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alonso for the radio chatter.
Old 27 Sep 2015, 07:37 (Ref:3577357)   #3
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Max again went from P17 on the grid to P9 and passed his teammate who started P10(without any teamorders)
Old 27 Sep 2015, 09:01 (Ref:3577373)   #4
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yep Alonso for calling the Honda a GP2 engine and it's embarrassing. He seems to be getting a reaming by media afterwards, but good on him. I'd be out of that team the car is a joke. Why waste another year.

Seriously though, I am leaning toward Max as well. Second race I'll give it to him, gosh am I becoming a fan? The pass on his teammate near the end was the nail.

Ricciardo again did well to be right behind his Kyvat at the end, despite being more than half a minute down. Of course it helps that the race director pretty much just sat on the McLaren's, Kyvat, Verstappen and the Sauber's all race long. Was there a race in the top 10? You wouldn't have known it.

What's with Kyvat though... poor race to be caught by Dani, after a rookie error in quali. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Verstappen takes his seat next year. Kyvat might return to the B team, since I do think he's better than Gasly and Lynn.

Hamilton seemed to be on a cruise in this race.
Old 27 Sep 2015, 09:09 (Ref:3577375)   #5
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
What's with Kyvat though... poor race to be caught by Dani, after a rookie error in quali. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Verstappen takes his seat next year. Kyvat might return to the B team, since I do think he's better than Gasly and Lynn.
Lynn is not in the Red Bull junior team anymore(ever since he is Williams test and reserve driver)
Old 27 Sep 2015, 09:58 (Ref:3577378)   #6
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hamilton. What a pull-away!
Old 27 Sep 2015, 10:24 (Ref:3577393)   #7
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton nailed it, Hulkenberg, Grosjean and Verstappen did solid jobs further back but I'm going for Vettel. Yes, it was only Rosberg, but even so that Ferrari was too close to the Mercs!!!
Old 27 Sep 2015, 14:52 (Ref:3577446)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Alonso gets it not for driving but those comments on the radio
Old 27 Sep 2015, 15:29 (Ref:3577456)   #9
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Alonso gets it not for driving but those comments on the radio
Ron's none too happy.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121037

I don't know who to give this to. The race was so dull, I lost concentration. Verstappen made a couple of good moves.
Old 27 Sep 2015, 15:43 (Ref:3577461)   #10
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso for me. his comments were earned in my opinion as i thought he put in a great drive considering the tools he had been given.
Old 27 Sep 2015, 19:03 (Ref:3577547)   #11
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Max for making some very good passes ..
Old 27 Sep 2015, 19:11 (Ref:3577549)   #12
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, Lewis did a superb job. Another commanding drive from him. It just looks like he really has Nico on the backfoot this year. He nailed the start and beat him.

However, I am going to give it to Max - that guy can overtake. Around Suzuka in the dry - that's difficult. He came from the back and made his way up.

Honourable mention for Kyvat as well. He couldn't use his overtake button - but he put in a gutsy drive.
Old 27 Sep 2015, 21:43 (Ref:3577598)   #13
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hamilton. Totally dominant.

Why are people voting for Alonso? Drivers are meant to drive, not think up witty quips for the radio. Perhaps he could have finished a little higher if he had just concentrated on the driving.
Old 27 Sep 2015, 21:54 (Ref:3577603)   #14
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Hamilton with a very honourable mention for Verstappen for refusing to believe that there are places where you can't overtake
Old 27 Sep 2015, 22:00 (Ref:3577604)   #15
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post

Why are people voting for Alonso? Drivers are meant to drive, not think up witty quips for the radio. Perhaps he could have finished a little higher if he had just concentrated on the driving.
I didn't vote for him but to finish 11th in a car that's clearly lacking and frustrating, deserves recognition, hence people voted for him. Maybe I should have voted for Alonso rather than Verstappen.
Old 27 Sep 2015, 22:57 (Ref:3577617)   #16
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post

Button was within 5s of him all race long despite being several positions behind at the start. Alonso with his "best lap I've ever done" in quali, which obviously now was just mind games targetted at Honda, but if he's in that sort of career-best form then why couldn't he pull away from his about-to-retire teammate? In the final stint of course Button got caught up in that big mess of traffic, lost tonnes of time letting the leaders by and then just seemed to give up/fizzle out and dropped 25s back. But until that final stint he was just as quick as Fred.
Old 28 Sep 2015, 00:53 (Ref:3577638)   #17
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alonso did an impressive 11th in "home" Honda soil.
Old 28 Sep 2015, 03:54 (Ref:3577670)   #18
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it to Lewis, perfect drive, but kudos to Rosberg, Hulkenberg and Verstappen.
Old 28 Sep 2015, 09:00 (Ref:3577712)   #19
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Another vote for Max - good drive and some good overtakes again. Kudos to Hamilton, Hulkenburg and the Lotus boys (mainly for just getting through the weekend in such shitty circumstances and then bringing the cars home in the points).
Old 28 Sep 2015, 16:20 (Ref:3577786)   #20
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi. No reason needed.
Old 28 Sep 2015, 18:38 (Ref:3577809)   #21
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Verstappen for enlivening a uneventful race- again.

That said well done for Alonso for getting it 11th. And nice to hear proper straight from the heart speak. Reminds me that drivers used to say their engine "wouldn't pull skin off a rice pudding".
Old 28 Sep 2015, 22:06 (Ref:3577835)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso for the great quip and managing that result despite being undernourished.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 06:36 (Ref:3577938)   #23
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Alonso for the great quip and managing that result despite being undernourished.
...... and for upsetting Ron Dennis and Honda!!!
Old 29 Sep 2015, 12:00 (Ref:3577989)   #24
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The NHS cutbacks must mean Ron Dennis is still on the waiting list for his sense of humour bypass!
Old 29 Sep 2015, 20:58 (Ref:3578126)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What's to worry about? Alonso put pressure on Honda, which was the point. That helps Ron and Ron gets to show support for Honda in the process.