Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Jul 2018, 13:13 (Ref:3836484)   #426
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Rolec sponsorship staying with HARD, so that's a dent for Hill's hopes of the MG drive...
Contractual fun times.
Old 13 Jul 2018, 18:31 (Ref:3836525)   #427
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Senility on my part. Couldn't think of any Thomsons other than James! 🙁
After my senior moment the other day, no Jimmy T in WTCR for Slovakia due to "other commitments" & he was only contracted for the start of the season.

So he is potentially free if a BTCC seat opened up... although I suspect Jimmy T would be expecting to receive money rather than bring it to the party!
Old 15 Jul 2018, 09:32 (Ref:3836756)   #428
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://mobile.twitter.com/AmDessex/status/1017816999278338048

... Bad boy TG laying down his terms then
Old 15 Jul 2018, 15:28 (Ref:3836802)   #429
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Unsurprisingly, Jordan fastest in the FOS shootout, with Josh Cook best of the FWD cars.
Old 15 Jul 2018, 16:39 (Ref:3836810)   #430
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
https://mobile.twitter.com/AmDessex/status/1017816999278338048

... Bad boy TG laying down his terms then
Either I need new glasses or that tweet has disappeared!

If it is true TG isn't letting Jake go that would suggest to me that he hasn't got a replacement with a budget on the radar screen. Yet, anyway...
Old 15 Jul 2018, 19:32 (Ref:3836828)   #431
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

If it is true TG isn't letting Jake go that would suggest to me that he hasn't got a replacement with a budget on the radar screen. Yet, anyway...
attached incase it is deleted then...
Attached Thumbnails
amd.PNG  
Old 15 Jul 2018, 19:49 (Ref:3836830)   #432
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
My tired eyes as it turns out. Thanks for posting!

No working the summer season in Torquay for Shaun & Jake then! 🙁
Old 15 Jul 2018, 23:21 (Ref:3836865)   #433
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Shame some people have to act like that. ‘If I can’t have you, nobody else will’
Old 16 Jul 2018, 13:12 (Ref:3836930)   #434
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^ we all know how things are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmyzFsYEdco
Old 16 Jul 2018, 13:17 (Ref:3836931)   #435
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Well, he'd better hurry up lest he'll lose a TOCA licence.
Old 16 Jul 2018, 13:23 (Ref:3836935)   #436
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is there a development to come at BMR before Snetterton?

In the majority of their posts on social media so far, when they refer to their 'team', they include Price and the 3rd Subaru.
During the Snetterton test though, they posted:
'We made lots of changes to the set ups on the cars which has meant lots of downtime, but it’s been very important to us to find what works and apply that to both Subaru Levorgs.'

Does this meant that:
They are down to two cars?
They won't apply the changes to Price's car?
They forgot that they had a third car?

**(or is it just a case that they only had two cars available at the track, and meant that they were applying changes to both cars at the same time?)**
Old 16 Jul 2018, 13:47 (Ref:3836938)   #437
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

There seems to be quite a bit of upheaval in the Gilham camp at present, including their British GT programme- Anna Walewska has jumped ship from HARD to set up her own GT4 Mercedes team, debuting at Spa this weekend- where both HARD Ginettas are conspicuous by their absence from the entry list... The BGT website preview suggests they'll be back for Brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Is there a development to come at BMR before Snetterton?

In the majority of their posts on social media so far, when they refer to their 'team', they include Price and the 3rd Subaru.
During the Snetterton test though, they posted:
'We made lots of changes to the set ups on the cars which has meant lots of downtime, but it’s been very important to us to find what works and apply that to both Subaru Levorgs.'

Does this meant that:
They are down to two cars?
They won't apply the changes to Price's car?
They forgot that they had a third car?

**(or is it just a case that they only had two cars available at the track, and meant that they were applying changes to both cars at the same time?)**
...and Price's TCR Honda (as well as the allegedy intended second car for Mr Scott) was AWOL from the Combe TCR UK round last weekend- Were BMR too busy with sorting the Levorgs or are another team and driver in the process of parting company...?
Old 16 Jul 2018, 14:11 (Ref:3836942)   #438
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
There seems to be quite a bit of upheaval in the Gilham camp at present, including their British GT programme- Anna Walewska has jumped ship from HARD to set up her own GT4 Mercedes team, debuting at Spa this weekend- where both HARD Ginettas are conspicuous by their absence from the entry list... The BGT website preview suggests they'll be back for Brands.

...and Price's TCR Honda (as well as the allegedy intended second car for Mr Scott) was AWOL from the Combe TCR UK round last weekend- Were BMR too busy with sorting the Levorgs or are another team and driver in the process of parting company...?
It's all happening in the drivers' camp all of a sudden.
Old 16 Jul 2018, 14:18 (Ref:3836945)   #439
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Price was a very late announcement, maybe the day before Media Day, I seem to remember reading at the back of my mind he was another without budget for a full season, has his money just run out in the BMR meter?
Old 16 Jul 2018, 14:28 (Ref:3836946)   #440
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Price was a very late announcement, maybe the day before Media Day, I seem to remember reading at the back of my mind he was another without budget for a full season, has his money just run out in the BMR meter?
The prime sponsor on his car is Autoglym - which seems strange for them to put more money into his car than any of the others they back up and down the paddock?

Autoglym themselves give the other two Subaru's more prominence in their marketing.
Is the Autoglym Academy car a smoke and mirrors attempt to appear better backed than they actually are?
Old 16 Jul 2018, 14:33 (Ref:3836948)   #441
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The prime sponsor on his car is Autoglym - which seems strange for them to put more money into his car than any of the others they back up and down the paddock?

Autoglym themselves give the other two Subaru's more prominence in their marketing.
Is the Autoglym Academy car a smoke and mirrors attempt to appear better backed than they actually are?
Probably just coincidence, but when BMR ran the CC for Turks, Plato etc, I think Autoglym was the only visible sponsor for the first few rounds.

What happened to the Aon sponsorship Price was bringing previously? conflict of interest with Adrian Flux maybe?
Old 16 Jul 2018, 14:54 (Ref:3836950)   #442
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
It's always a marketing nightmare when you're maybe short of funds. Do you leave the car livery 'empty' and give the current backers just the visibility that their sponsorship deserves (like McLaren F1), or do you make it big and impactful hoping they'll be persuaded to pay you more because of the coverage they get?
Old 16 Jul 2018, 15:41 (Ref:3836953)   #443
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
It's always a marketing nightmare when you're maybe short of funds. Do you leave the car livery 'empty' and give the current backers just the visibility that their sponsorship deserves (like McLaren F1), or do you make it big and impactful hoping they'll be persuaded to pay you more because of the coverage they get?
I can understand the logic from a BMR perspective.
Autoglym are already involved in the championship, and put some backing behind many teams. They will naturally want to link their involvement with the car carrying #1, but Adrian Flux already pay for prime exposure. So why not tie in with the academy (which last year was an extension of the main Adrian Flux sponsorship) and give Autoglym a bit more exposure, in the hope that Price's performance gives extra airtime - which is the value BMR may have been able to offer Autoglym. Unfortunately, with the performance not being there so far, there is no incentive for Autoglym to back the third car any further than already committed.
Old 16 Jul 2018, 16:52 (Ref:3836966)   #444
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
What happened to the Aon sponsorship Price was bringing previously? conflict of interest with Adrian Flux maybe?
I meant Aplan
Old 16 Jul 2018, 16:54 (Ref:3836967)   #445
porsche962fan
Veteran

why not just being honest about it like they were

Old 16 Jul 2018, 16:54 (Ref:3836968)   #446
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
hmmm i dont know, i mean lets say it costs £10k for a logo on the bonnet (i know it will be more than that) but if they were the only sponsor you stuck the logo everywhere to make the car look better funded, I dont think they would say "oh ok then" and just start paying more, if they want to give the exposure then good luck to them but they cant just do it then hold their cap out for money for it
Old 16 Jul 2018, 16:56 (Ref:3836970)   #447
porsche962fan
Veteran

or if they don't have sponsor and don't want to appear empty just invent brands like in the old days !! this case a fictional cigarette make

Old 16 Jul 2018, 18:11 (Ref:3836983)   #448
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
My gut says young Prices adventure with BMR may have ended. The lack of the TCR car this weekend gone has cemented the thought.

I have no evidence of this, just my hunch.
Old 16 Jul 2018, 18:41 (Ref:3836984)   #449
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
My gut says young Prices adventure with BMR may have ended. The lack of the TCR car this weekend gone has cemented the thought.

I have no evidence of this, just my hunch.
Think you could be right, can't imagine there's much motivation to continue given his results so far.

Question is, will BMR replace Price or could another team fill the gap?

The summer break is turning into a silly season of its own right!
Old 16 Jul 2018, 19:57 (Ref:3836994)   #450
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
or if they don't have sponsor and don't want to appear empty just invent brands like in the old days !! this case a fictional cigarette make

Or even better, do it as blatant as HRT did in F1 with exciting brands such as "This is a Cool Spot", "Your Logo Here" and "This Could Be You"

in BTCC however the money is tight you just have no decals (motorbase/BMR 2015)