Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Sep 2003, 04:58 (Ref:709808)   #1
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trans Ams Scott Pruett, Driver Of The Year?

Just got done watching the Trans Am race in Denver, a week after it was run! Geez, talk about tape delay! Pathetic.

Well, it was another flawless performance by Scott Pruett to take the win. He really has been on fire, taking 7 out of 9, and he is now tied for 4th in all time TA wins.

Speed Channel is running its driver of the year contest and I was wondering if anyone thinks Pruett has a chance?
Probably not is my guess, because TA racing has a small fan base and gets less recognition than most series. That being said though, I can't think of a driver in any series thats been as flawless, smooth and quick as Pruett's been.

It would be nice to see a non-NASCAR guy get the award!
Old 6 Sep 2003, 05:34 (Ref:709826)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I find it interesting that Scott is doing so well, he had a shot in a V8 Supercar, the premier Australian racing category, and didnt seem to do that well at a one-off appearance....

Racer of the year sounds pretty close actually, but a driver is only as good as his competition, and it could be said they he hasnt had loads and loads of competition outside Rocketsports themselves
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 6 Sep 2003, 13:09 (Ref:710073)   #3
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You might be right about the caliber of competition GTR. I was afraid someone would bring out that point!LOL!

I wonder, if Boris Said had been running in the series all year, if things would have turned out differently?

Danica Patrick
Old 6 Sep 2003, 17:03 (Ref:710203)   #4
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Scott Pruett is a good endurance driver; he got good results at Daytona several years ago, didn't he ?
Old 6 Sep 2003, 18:07 (Ref:710235)   #5
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah but the Rocketsports jags are also the class of the field and they have the new 4.6 mod V8's so is it really pruett?
well he did beat his boss, and his teammates.