Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Nov 2021, 17:53 (Ref:4083844)   #476
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Of course that weekend both Muller and Tarquini were offered the third seat at SEAT to help Plato win the title, but both refused, Muller because he didn’t want to help Plato and Tarquini because he didn’t want to go against his mate Gio
Old 16 Nov 2021, 17:56 (Ref:4083846)   #477
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
Fun fact:

Despite the fact that they were on the grid together for 23 years, there is not a single driver in the history of the championship who has been teammate to both Jason Plato and Matt Neal.
Andy Neate? 888 MG and his one-off with Dynamics?
Old 16 Nov 2021, 17:58 (Ref:4083847)   #478
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Dammit, you're right. I'll have to change that stat to no full seasons as teammates, which is far less interesting
Old 16 Nov 2021, 18:00 (Ref:4083848)   #479
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
and we have a winner
Old 16 Nov 2021, 18:00 (Ref:4083850)   #480
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
James Thompson and Yvan Muller?

Both partnered Neal and Plato in 888 machinery.
Old 16 Nov 2021, 18:01 (Ref:4083851)   #481
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
James Thompson and Yvan Muller?

Both partnered Neal and Plato in 888 machinery.
eggsport was technically a different team though, so I haven't counted it. But Evantra is right that Andy Neate was teammate to both, so the stat doesn't quite work.
Old 16 Nov 2021, 18:11 (Ref:4083853)   #482
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
eggsport was 888 run, so I count it. So there you have it, Thompson, Muller and Neate have partnered both Neal and Plato
Old 16 Nov 2021, 19:30 (Ref:4083879)   #483
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Dammit, you're right. I'll have to change that stat to no full seasons as teammates, which is far less interesting
The scariest thing is that Neate managed two top-tier drives...
Old 16 Nov 2021, 20:23 (Ref:4083886)   #484
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Don’t forget he drove for WSR
Old 16 Nov 2021, 20:55 (Ref:4083889)   #485
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysAJensonFan View Post
Where does Team Aon fit in then?
2nd in Teams'. 1st in Independents'. 4th in drivers'.

Seems reasonably top level to me?
Old 17 Nov 2021, 09:36 (Ref:4083937)   #486
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I make it four (arguably five) teams that have been at or very near the top he's driven for.
Old 17 Nov 2021, 09:44 (Ref:4083939)   #487
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
I make it four (arguably five) teams that have been at or very near the top he's driven for.
In terms of BTCC, I would say it is five top-tier teams:

WSR, Team Dynamics, Motorbase, 888 and Arena
Old 17 Nov 2021, 10:40 (Ref:4083952)   #488
S griffin
Veteran

Of them, only at Arena and 888 did he put in better than average performances
Old 17 Nov 2021, 15:59 (Ref:4084047)   #489
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
The 1-Series hybrid was out testing again today at Brands. Interestingly HARD were also there - running a Cupra and a CC - there was also one of the Subarus on track. Not sure who was driving each of the cars?
Old 17 Nov 2021, 16:15 (Ref:4084049)   #490
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Team Hard Mega Day. Taylor Smith, Moffat, Boardley, Crees, Smelt and others driving their smorgasbord of cars.
Old 17 Nov 2021, 16:16 (Ref:4084050)   #491
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
The 1-Series hybrid was out testing again today at Brands. Interestingly HARD were also there - running a Cupra and a CC - there was also one of the Subarus on track. Not sure who was driving each of the cars?
The Subaru was driven by someone wearing Moffat's helmet.
Old 17 Nov 2021, 16:20 (Ref:4084051)   #492
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Team Hard Mega Day. Taylor Smith, Moffat, Boardley, Crees, Smelt and others driving their smorgasbord of cars.
'We’re here at @Brands_Hatch hosting the Mega Day 3.0

This is our biggest ever BTCC fan day with over 100 guests, 5 touring cars and 7 BTCC drivers'

https://twitter.com/TeamHardRacing/s...90364869877760

Tagged:
@SamSmeltRacing
@AidenMoffat16
@Creesy777
@JackMitchellx
@AronTaylorSmith
@nicolashamilton

(Is this 6 of the 7 HARD. drivers for 2022 + Goff?)
Old 17 Nov 2021, 16:23 (Ref:4084052)   #493
porsche962fan
Veteran

no Sutton ?

this means he is no longer part of laser tools ?
Old 17 Nov 2021, 16:24 (Ref:4084053)   #494
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
no Sutton ?
You mean former HARD. driver who has now left the team and is working on development of his new for 2022 car Sutton?
Old 17 Nov 2021, 20:40 (Ref:4084103)   #495
porsche962fan
Veteran

and where would Sutton's TBL come from ?
Old 17 Nov 2021, 21:08 (Ref:4084109)   #496
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
and where would Sutton's TBL come from ?
At a guess - one of the TBLs not being used by HARD. in 2022? Probably the TBL held by BMR in 2021, depending on which ones change hands in the off season.
Old 17 Nov 2021, 21:24 (Ref:4084113)   #497
BTCC frog
Veteran

If rumours are to be believed, there will not be seven HARD drivers in 2022; Laser Tools and BMR will split, and Boardley will sell one of his TBLs elsewhere. I think there will ‘only’ be four HARD drivers next year, all in Cupras, and maybe Moffat as well in an Infiniti. It could be that Crees and Smelt are trying out for the fourth Cupra alongside Goff, Taylor-Smith and Hamilton. As for Sutton, I think he and BMR will split and form their own team once again. Jaguar has been mentioned as a potential car he could drive, but I suspect he will stick with Infiniti. Tom Oliphant had been mentioned as testing the Infiniti recently, so could be Sutton or Moffat’s teammate if one of the two buys a TBL from Boardley.
Old 17 Nov 2021, 21:47 (Ref:4084117)   #498
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't read anything into the HARD day at Brands other than a money spinner and hot laps for passengers driven by the BTCC drivers from this year. It wasn't a test day or anything.
Old 17 Nov 2021, 21:57 (Ref:4084119)   #499
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If rumours are to be believed, there will not be seven HARD drivers in 2022; Laser Tools and BMR will split, and Boardley will sell one of his TBLs elsewhere. I think there will ‘only’ be four HARD drivers next year, all in Cupras, and maybe Moffat as well in an Infiniti. It could be that Crees and Smelt are trying out for the fourth Cupra alongside Goff, Taylor-Smith and Hamilton. As for Sutton, I think he and BMR will split and form their own team once again. Jaguar has been mentioned as a potential car he could drive, but I suspect he will stick with Infiniti. Tom Oliphant had been mentioned as testing the Infiniti recently, so could be Sutton or Moffat’s teammate if one of the two buys a TBL from Boardley.
I'd expect Boardley to sell both his TBLs. Certain people are looking for a pair of them.
Old 17 Nov 2021, 22:11 (Ref:4084122)   #500
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
I'd expect Boardley to sell both his TBLs. Certain people are looking for a pair of them.
It’s looking like Boardley is in a great position to make a lot of money this winter with selling his TBL’s