Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 26 Apr 2002, 19:45 (Ref:271584)   #1
Derek Johnson
Rookie

Derek Johnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Saloons

Formula Saloons thread now in place with link from Formula Saloons website
Old 26 Apr 2002, 19:58 (Ref:271599)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Excellent! Welcome to the lovely people from the Formula Saloons series who now have our forum on their site - excellent choice
Old 26 Apr 2002, 20:08 (Ref:271610)   #3
Derek Johnson
Rookie

Thanks Craig, I'm sure all the people that follow the Formula Saloons will enjoy the opportunity to join a superb forum.
Old 26 Apr 2002, 20:26 (Ref:271630)   #4
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice one I've still never seen Formula Saloons, every year I do intend to but there just never seems to be enough weekends in the year.
Old 26 Apr 2002, 20:36 (Ref:271640)   #5
Derek Johnson
Rookie

Carrie, rumour has it that the Formula Saloons should be performing at Oulton Park 22nd June, which is about the furthest North this year. Try and give that meeting a visit, I'm sure you'll be pleased with the opportunity to see these cars performing and believe me, they do!
I say 'rumour has it' as they should have already been out at Donington & Rockingham already this year but both meetings have been cancelled. Let's hope that Pembrey starts the season going 11-12th May.
Old 26 Apr 2002, 20:37 (Ref:271641)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I was looking forward to seeing them at the F3/GT meeting at Donington this year but I believe that has been cancelled, as has this weekend's race at Rockingham You *must* make time to go though Carrie - usually some excellent racing to be seen, and always some interesting cars to watch if nothing else! (Remember the A4 from Brands ??)
Old 26 Apr 2002, 20:39 (Ref:271643)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
X, you replied at the same time as me!

Oulton sounds good... only problem is most of us will be at the BTCC meeting at Mondello that weekend grrr!
Old 26 Apr 2002, 20:46 (Ref:271644)   #8
Derek Johnson
Rookie

Craig, BTC? who, are they still running? Sorry I know there is a lot of support for them and I have enjoyed watching myself, but they're rather tame nowdays!
Old 26 Apr 2002, 20:48 (Ref:271646)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
hmmm... maybe... even so, think of the Guinness...!
Old 26 Apr 2002, 21:28 (Ref:271676)   #10
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Oulton Park Formula Saloons meeting seems to clash with something every year Looks like I'll be at Mondello I'm afraid.
Old 30 Apr 2002, 14:03 (Ref:274399)   #11
Nissan
Rookie

Nissan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see a link to the Formula Saloons web site, with the 1st revised round on May 11th / 12th it would be nice to see a complete list of entries, I have looked at the class entries on the site but there doesn't seem to be as many as previous, or is the entry list incomplete ?.
Old 30 Apr 2002, 16:46 (Ref:274513)   #12
garry
Racer

garry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
List of entries should be up soon as we are still waiting for all the entries. We are expecting 20 for Pembrey which would be our best ever for there.
The class entries should be updated as soon as i get the time to send the info to the webdesigner.
Old 30 Apr 2002, 21:03 (Ref:274863)   #13
Derek Johnson
Rookie

Nissan
I think Garry has answered that question, but certainly it's food for thought for future rounds. Maybe some competitors would like to see what the opposition is going to be?
Old 3 May 2002, 20:05 (Ref:277856)   #14
Derek Johnson
Rookie

Nissan & All
Entry list for Pembrey as requested as of today:
Gary Woodcock-Nissan Primera
Michael Woodcock-Nissan Primera
Simon Dickinson-Honda Accord
Steve Papworth-Sapphire Cosworth
Peter Challis-Nissan Primera
Don Grice-BMW M3 E36
Tony Brass-BMW M3 E36
Steve Hurst-Audi A4
Andy Allen-Honda Accord
Alvin Powell-Ford Mondeo
Graham Coomes-Honda Accord
Martin Williams-BMW M3 E30
Keith Butcher-Nissan Primera
Andy Clarkin-Honda Accord
Mark Smith-BMW M3
Martyn Simms-Nissan Primera
Derek Hale-Nissan Primera
Chris Crockett-Ford Mondeo
Plus quite a field of Formula Renault, Welsh Sports & Saloon Championship, Ginetta Sportscars, Khumo BMW, TVR/Tasmin Series so it should be something for everyone!
Dave Jarmin-Nissan Primera
Ric Wood-Holden Commodore
Old 4 May 2002, 08:44 (Ref:278226)   #15
Nissan
Rookie

Nissan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Xircom, great field of tourers, shame there is not many Cosworths, are the like of Dave & Jimmy Brodie not racing this year ?.

With so many Primeras perhaps we could get manufacturers sponsoring the series 'Nissan Formula Saloon cup' !!!!!!!
has quite a ring to it.
Old 8 May 2002, 19:14 (Ref:280519)   #16
Derek Johnson
Rookie

Nis
It seems that Dave Brodie still has a little work to do to the car & wont make this weekend, and rumour has it that Jimmy is still looking for a car. I understand he's come close to a deal but nothing signed up yet!
There's a challenge for you Nissan owners!!! How about jointly approaching the manufacturers and putting forward the suggestion that they sponsor a race or two or three etc.
From the information received to date this first round at Pembrey is going to be one hell of an opener to the belated season start so dont miss it if you can help it, I'm sure there's going to be some very hard racing taking place with some drivers wanting to play their 'Jokers' for double points and they will not want to throw that away lightly. The Formula Saloons hopitality marquee will be available for all, why not drop in and have a chat with us, we'll be only to pleased to meet with you all.
Old 13 May 2002, 21:36 (Ref:285637)   #17
Blazes1
Rookie

Blazes1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Xircom (Derek???) sorry I missed you all at Pembrey, Brands Hatch is not looking too good either, but will definately be at Oulton Park with the Sahire Cosworth, Regards, Chris Southcombe
Old 14 May 2002, 06:54 (Ref:285889)   #18
Derek Johnson
Rookie

Chris
good to hear from you! Look forward to seeing you out at Oulton then, although if you can make Brands, I don't think you'll be disappointed!! see what you can do.regards