Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Aug 2020, 00:43 (Ref:3998576)   #1701
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Clare says it’s nowt to do with the Bernie. https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15...-to-ecclestone
Just in case
Old 29 Aug 2020, 01:08 (Ref:3998578)   #1702
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Clare says it’s nowt to do with the Bernie. https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15...-to-ecclestone
Just in case
That article also says: "She had "no comment to make" on the identity of the backer."
Old 29 Aug 2020, 01:16 (Ref:3998579)   #1703
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
That article also says: "She had "no comment to make" on the identity of the backer."
That’s true, maybe it’s Toto. Or you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire
I spoke to Mr. Ecclestone earlier in the week, and I did ask if it was him behind it
Dun dun derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 29 Aug 2020, 01:27 (Ref:3998580)   #1704
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Just in case
I am not sure if it is just how that article is written or what, but it is a jumble of contradictory statements. Ranging from "Dorilton Capital is completely independent" to then acknowledging that Dorliton manages a fund using someone else's money. Both statements can be "sort" of true at the same time in that yes, Dorilton manages the fund and yes the money comes from elsewhere, but in reality everyone has a boss and that includes Dorliton. Whoever is providing the money for the fund that bought Williams is the boss of Dorliton in this respect.

As to being asked if it is Bernie. Assuming it is true, and also assuming it is not supposed to be public, what do we expect them to say when questioned? "Oh, darn, you asked the correct question. Yes it is him. You got us."

People lie all the time in these situations. Especially if they are bound by confidentiality agreements.

It would be interesting if Bernie was the backer. But whoever is the backer may remain a secret.

Richard
Old 29 Aug 2020, 03:39 (Ref:3998584)   #1705
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
So in essence Williams have no idea who has bought the company, for all they know the new owner is a property developer as Billy alluded to above.
Williams heritage collection $ xx, Factory site $ xx and F1 entry $ xx, total sale price $200 million, thank you and goodnight?

On a separate note if the backer is Bernie, they can expect wholesale change, Bernie doesn't do losing. When he purchased Brabham, he fired the whole design staff and gave Gordon Murray free reign to change anything he wanted.

Given that whoever owns 100 percent of the company, I think we will see sweeping changes.

Interesting times ahead.
Old 29 Aug 2020, 04:03 (Ref:3998585)   #1706
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Not sure, to Richard’s point, the article tells us anything about who’s bought it or who knows who’s bought it. Other than it isn’t us.
Old 29 Aug 2020, 05:21 (Ref:3998591)   #1707
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
So after all that we know diddly squat more that we did before
Old 29 Aug 2020, 05:34 (Ref:3998592)   #1708
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
She said “I am in my role, I'm here, I'm doing my job, and it is business as usual."

Hardly what an investor is going to want to hear!!
Old 29 Aug 2020, 05:58 (Ref:3998593)   #1709
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
She said “I am in my role, I'm here, I'm doing my job, and it is business as usual."

Hardly what an investor is going to want to hear!!
Quite, but not for long I suggest, surely no one is going to sit back and watch Williams burn through their money?
Old 29 Aug 2020, 07:45 (Ref:3998599)   #1710
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I am not sure if it is just how that article is written or what, but it is a jumble of contradictory statements. Ranging from "Dorilton Capital is completely independent" to then acknowledging that Dorliton manages a fund using someone else's money. Both statements can be "sort" of true at the same time in that yes, Dorilton manages the fund and yes the money comes from elsewhere, but in reality everyone has a boss and that includes Dorliton. Whoever is providing the money for the fund that bought Williams is the boss of Dorliton in this respect.

As to being asked if it is Bernie. Assuming it is true, and also assuming it is not supposed to be public, what do we expect them to say when questioned? "Oh, darn, you asked the correct question. Yes it is him. You got us."

People lie all the time in these situations. Especially if they are bound by confidentiality agreements.

It would be interesting if Bernie was the backer. But whoever is the backer may remain a secret.

Richard
In my experience of motorsport, and especially of Formula One, generally the stronger people deny things, the more likely they are to turn out be true.
I think it would be great if it is Bernie who is behind it. He has the money, and could just be doing his old ally Frank a favour whilst also giving himself another opportunity to get involved in Formula One and create some mischief again!
Old 29 Aug 2020, 13:45 (Ref:3998681)   #1711
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Exactly. Never believe any rumour until somebody starts denying it!
Old 29 Aug 2020, 16:02 (Ref:3998741)   #1712
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
What if it isn’t true? Should they confirm it is true.
Old 29 Aug 2020, 16:22 (Ref:3998751)   #1713
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
What if it isn’t true? Should they confirm it is true.
No, you just ignore it.
Old 29 Aug 2020, 16:25 (Ref:3998754)   #1714
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
But she was directly asked!
Old 29 Aug 2020, 18:37 (Ref:3998779)   #1715
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Oh well i suspect we will find out who is behind this soon, these things never remain secret for long
Old 29 Aug 2020, 18:51 (Ref:3998781)   #1716
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Oh well i suspect we will find out who is behind this soon, these things never remain secret for long
I am looking forward to season 3 of the Netflix f1 fly on the wall documentary!
Old 30 Aug 2020, 06:01 (Ref:3998813)   #1717
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I am looking forward to season 3 of the Netflix f1 fly on the wall documentary!
Covering 2021?I would guess COVID has made it too hard to have cameras and crew basically embedded in teams like they have been.
Old 1 Sep 2020, 18:21 (Ref:3999503)   #1718
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Joe Saward seems to think that James Matthews and perhaps Graham Lowden (Manor F1 as was) potentially involved somewhere down the line allegedly..
Old 2 Sep 2020, 10:10 (Ref:3999585)   #1719
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I just hope there were some racing people involved
Old 2 Sep 2020, 10:32 (Ref:3999595)   #1720
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I just hope there were some racing people involved
Claire Williams is supposed to be a racing person but it hasn't gone to well, since she's been running the team.
Old 2 Sep 2020, 10:38 (Ref:3999600)   #1721
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
My point is they need people who understand racing, rather than just those who just see it as a business. Look what VJ and now Stroll have done with Force India and Racing Point. They haven’t got too heavily involved on the racing side, they’ve let those in the know do that for them
Old 2 Sep 2020, 11:01 (Ref:3999608)   #1722
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
My point is they need people who understand racing, rather than just those who just see it as a business. Look what VJ and now Stroll have done with Force India and Racing Point. They haven’t got too heavily involved on the racing side, they’ve let those in the know do that for them
They need the right racing people, backed up by the right investment and resources ( wind tunnels, CFD etc) and they are in short supply. Look what happened when they employed Paddy Lowe.
Old 3 Sep 2020, 11:14 (Ref:3999784)   #1723
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Claire stepping down form her position as deputy principal

https://twitter.com/JennieGow/status...77076906717190
Old 3 Sep 2020, 11:19 (Ref:3999786)   #1724
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's an understandable move, she's endured a lot and will probably, enjoy having more time to spend with her young family.
Old 3 Sep 2020, 11:26 (Ref:3999790)   #1725
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I think an unceremonious headline would say "Williams clan fired!"

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/w...paign=widget-1