Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 2 Mar 2019, 14:37 (Ref:3887811)   #4226
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Qualifying format changed for the 500, with bumping moved to Sunday.

https://racer.com/2019/02/28/bumping...ifying-revamp/
Old 2 Mar 2019, 16:22 (Ref:3887820)   #4227
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Single attempt bumping is strange, but I understand it.

I like that Sunday ends with a pole position session.
Old 5 Mar 2019, 03:18 (Ref:3888318)   #4228
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Katz View Post
Not that i’m an expert in this or anything, but it really doesn’t seem right that o’ward Has no seat but herta jr does. I hope that juncos turn up to more than a couple of races

Harding needs the Andretti team's technical support. Guessing that's easier to access with Herta in the seat than O'Ward.
Old 5 Mar 2019, 16:00 (Ref:3888432)   #4229
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, it's Tuesday, and no Canadian TV deal yet. It seems that the races on NBC (network) will be viewable here, but those on NBCSN are not, unless I'm missing something obvious. Including St. Pete, natch.

As of last night, no over-the-air or cable channels in Toronto have any IndyCar this weekend, at all.

The latest article from Wheels.ca (not necessarily the most reliable source, but not bad) from Sunday says basically "hey, something might happen - or not". Someone in another IndyCar forum claims to have seen a Sportsnet360 logo transiently appear and then disappear on the IndyCar website recently, but that seems unlikely to me.

Anybody know anything else? I'm going to be p*ssed if half the IndyCar season isn't viewable here.
Old 6 Mar 2019, 14:01 (Ref:3888663)   #4230
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Still no broadcaster announced for Latin America...
Old 6 Mar 2019, 14:59 (Ref:3888685)   #4231
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are the indycar races streamed on youtube as IMSA? I do not have sky tv, watched them on BT sport which was freebie to me last year.
Old 6 Mar 2019, 15:41 (Ref:3888694)   #4232
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Are the indycar races streamed on youtube as IMSA? I do not have sky tv, watched them on BT sport which was freebie to me last year.

No live streaming on Youtube. Possibly live streaming on racecontrol.indycar.com but only in markets where there is no TV coverage. It is likely that all the IndyCar races will be posted to Youtube after some time, so you can watch them later.

IMSA isn't live streaming into markets where they have TV coverage either, although there always seem to be pirate streams on Youtube and elsewhere.
Old 6 Mar 2019, 15:42 (Ref:3888695)   #4233
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Still no broadcaster announced for Latin America...

Yeah, this is terrible. St. Pete in four days.
Old 6 Mar 2019, 16:07 (Ref:3888702)   #4234
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
Possibly live streaming on racecontrol.indycar.com but only in markets where there is no TV coverage.
Is that something new, or did I just miss it al along?

There is no coverage whatsoever in Belgium, so I had to rely on friendly souls pirating a stream -- or not watch it all.
Old 6 Mar 2019, 17:48 (Ref:3888721)   #4235
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
At top of the IndyCar website home page, which has all the race info, there are links to NBCSN, racecontro.indycar.com and the SiriusXM player, next to the race time.

I suppose IndyCar moved to Sky so they could show races on the SkyF1 channel and thereby attract F1 fans.
Old 6 Mar 2019, 18:24 (Ref:3888731)   #4236
HighParker
Racer

Canada
Toronto
HighParker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
Well, it's Tuesday, and no Canadian TV deal yet...
In Canada it will be on "Sportsnet World".
http://www.indycar.com/News/2019/03/...adcasters-2019
Old 6 Mar 2019, 18:46 (Ref:3888737)   #4237
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighParker View Post
In Canada it will be on "Sportsnet World".
http://www.indycar.com/News/2019/03/...adcasters-2019

Options:

Sportsnet NOW+ (online) - all races etc. Subscription $199/year or pay by month. *might* be included with your cable package if you already get Sportsnet - I have to try this out when I get home tonight.

Sportsnet World - cable TV channels, there's a main one and a bunch of regional ones. In Toronto, Rogers channel 370 and a bunch in the 380's. No idea if I get any of these. Note - St. Pete is excluded due to a "scheduling conflict" so you'll need to go online.

Or if you want to watch only the Indy 500 and Honda Indy Toronto, these two races are on regular Sportsnet 360 and Sportsnet ONE cable channels, which you may or may not have in your cable package (most sports packs will have these).

This smells like a massive clusterf*ck to me.

https://www.indycar.com/News/2019/03...adcasters-2019
Old 6 Mar 2019, 18:47 (Ref:3888738)   #4238
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post

There is no coverage whatsoever in Belgium, so I had to rely on friendly souls pirating a stream -- or not watch it all.

Possibly I'm wrong. Maybe it was only the Road To Indy races that were streamed here.
Old 6 Mar 2019, 18:58 (Ref:3888740)   #4239
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
UPDATE: sorry for spamming. A friendly person on another forum pointed out that Sportsnet Now is the online service that current Sportsnet subscribers get.

HOWEVER... IndyCar is going to be on Sportsnet Now+ (note the "+" sign), which is a totally separate, paid subscription.

RIP Canadian TV audience.
Old 6 Mar 2019, 21:05 (Ref:3888775)   #4240
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
And Australia, despite having the reigning IndyCar champion, only gets a 1 hour highlights package…
Old 7 Mar 2019, 01:38 (Ref:3888820)   #4241
AXLNZ
Rookie

AXLNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
And Australia, despite having the reigning IndyCar champion, only gets a 1 hour highlights package…
Scott Dixon is from New Zealand.

Australia is a different country all together.

Sky Tv in New Zealand will cover all indycar races live.
Old 7 Mar 2019, 07:42 (Ref:3888851)   #4242
mstets
Racer

Quote:

When I can't get to a place that has the MSNBC coverage (nothing other than broadcast or satellite where I live) I listen to the commentary on Indycar radio (mixlr.com/indycar I think) and watch the live timing and scoring at the Indycar site. Actually kind of enjoy it as it's a reminder of the old days when the only live coverage of the Indy 500 was on AM radio.
Old 7 Mar 2019, 07:54 (Ref:3888853)   #4243
mstets
Racer

Quote:

It does seem that you are out of luck. Coverage in Germany, France, and Netherlands but Belgium and Luxembourg are left out. Hope you are close enough to a border country to watch the occasional race.

https://www.indycar.com/News/2019/03...adcasters-2019
Old 7 Mar 2019, 10:03 (Ref:3888873)   #4244
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Reading these posts, it would seem IndyCar have totally underestimated the popularity of the series outside of the United States and have concentrated, solely on increasing a home grown TV audience.

However, given the history of IndyCar post unification, increasing a home grown TV audience is vital, in order to attract sponsors.
Old 7 Mar 2019, 14:22 (Ref:3888921)   #4245
Tucky70
Rookie

Australia
Qld
Tucky70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXLNZ View Post
Scott Dixon is from New Zealand.

Australia is a different country all together.

I think Mighty M means reigning “Indy 500” champion.
Old 7 Mar 2019, 19:52 (Ref:3888969)   #4246
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXLNZ View Post

I think this is called the "Dixon Effect".
Old 7 Mar 2019, 20:36 (Ref:3888984)   #4247
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I’m ok in the uk, but I found from previous years when my recording or the race screwed up that it tended to show up in full on YouTube a few days later. Is that likely to continue or are they intent on making foreigners stop watching their series?
Old 7 Mar 2019, 20:46 (Ref:3888990)   #4248
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Katz View Post
I’m ok in the uk, but I found from previous years when my recording or the race screwed up that it tended to show up in full on YouTube a few days later. Is that likely to continue or are they intent on making foreigners stop watching their series?
I don't see why it shouldn't continue, they've been showing full races on their YouTube channel for a while, so no reason to suddenly stop.
Old 8 Mar 2019, 07:24 (Ref:3889063)   #4249
mstets
Racer

Kind of sad that we are discussing accessibility when access should be easier than ever. IIRC, back in the 80s all the CART races were live on broadcast ABC. Coverage in most other countries may have been nonexistent though.

Does anyone know anything about the NBC Sports Gold service? There is not much information at the site where you sign up. Wondering if your subscription enables you to access it from home computer and phone, and whether you can select quality of video streaming. My signal strength is pretty variable - I'd rather watch a low def continuous stream than a hi def stream that starts and stops.
Old 8 Mar 2019, 14:00 (Ref:3889160)   #4250
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks like O'Ward will be in the Carlin for 12 races this season but still missing out on this weekend.

From Racer.com: "In addition to the INDYCAR Classic at COTA, O’Ward will race for Carlin at Barber Motorsports Park, Long Beach, the Indianapolis GP and 500, Detroit, Road America, Toronto, Iowa, Mid-Ohio, Gateway and Portland. Carlin previously announced that Kimball would drive with the team for five races."