Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 8 Oct 2012, 13:16 (Ref:3148218)   #1
lovef1
Rookie

lovef1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looking behind

hello peeps,

At the last race, there was an incident where I unintentionally pushed a guy of the track. The reason is, I simply didn't see him. I was committed to a line, and when i realized he was there it was just too late for me to react. But the incident was not serious though, we didn't spin, it was just a gentle bump. Luckily it happened at a kink and not at a fast corner. Anyways, I was told to never look back, but if i'm not allowed to look back, how the heck am i suppose to know whose behind me? As usual your advice is very much appreciated...
Old 9 Oct 2012, 09:31 (Ref:3148715)   #2
tristancliffe
Veteran

United Kingdom
Norwich, UK
tristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, the advice is ALWAYS look back. You have to know where everyone is.
Old 9 Oct 2012, 09:54 (Ref:3148724)   #3
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Lovef1, your threads are better housed in the Karting section.

These car racing boys love looking in their mirrors. Look behind in karting and you'll just feed the person following full of confidence.

The second the guy infront of me turns around, i know i'm going to overtake him.

You need to have a rough idea where people are, i suggest a half look (a casual tilt of the head, looking with the corner of your eye) on the exit of a corner every now and again. You don't need to be able to see who it is or what color their eyes are....

Remember, it is the attackers responsibility to make a clean pass. Once he's in there (and it's reasonable) its up to you to give room. Not before.
Old 9 Oct 2012, 12:18 (Ref:3148791)   #4
tristancliffe
Veteran

United Kingdom
Norwich, UK
tristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh he's a karter... that explains it. In that case look out of the corner of your eye and listen.
Old 9 Oct 2012, 12:55 (Ref:3148809)   #5
lovef1
Rookie

lovef1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ohh sorry for posting in the wrong forum guys... i'll make sure i'll post my inquiries on the karting section next time... anyways, thank you for your feedback...
Old 9 Oct 2012, 16:21 (Ref:3148911)   #6
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I think most of your threads would be better suited to the Karting forum as in a lot of the questions you ask there is a world of difference in driving styles. This one is moved over.