Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 May 2002, 00:27 (Ref:292047)   #26
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On a lesser level, this reminds me of the kind of things said by the young monster who recently was given a slap on the wrist for videotaping himself torturing a cat to death and calling it "my art project". A psychiatrist of my acquaintance calls this kind of personality sociopathic that is, the complete inability to distinguish right from wrong or to relate in any meaningful way to common human feelings or emotions.

And no, I am not going to watch Monaco or any other F1 race until this virus is off the grid. These people have gone completely off the scale in their arrogance. And if Rubens had any doubts before about what his new owners think of him, well, that should clear them up.
Old 22 May 2002, 05:32 (Ref:292154)   #27
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Self explanatory

Quote:
"I know what it's like to be Michael's teammate," Herbert was quoted as saying. "In Michael's position I would never behave as he does because I would never feel that I had properly won the world title. At least three of his four world titles have been won with help. I don't remember Ayrton Senna or Alain Prost ever needing anything like that. The whole point of racing is that the best man wins. I don't know how he can feel he's really world champion, although I'm sure he will be champion again this year. He has won by batting down his own teammate, and it's not the first time he's done it. This year at the San Marino Grand Prix he took Rubens' car when Rubens was quicker than him before qualifying. But ordering Rubens to give way wasn't fair but if he'd refused, I'm sure they'd have got rid of him.”

Valve[img]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/img]

Last edited by Valve Bounce; 22 May 2002 at 05:34.
Old 22 May 2002, 05:44 (Ref:292157)   #28
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Self explanatory

There are always politics involved in any organization and TGF are clearly getting tangled in a web of what Ferrari itself has created.
Old 22 May 2002, 05:48 (Ref:292161)   #29
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
At least three of his four world titles have been won with help

This statement has literally S H O C K E D me.

Someone tell me please, does this year's title mean anything now??
Old 22 May 2002, 06:07 (Ref:292166)   #30
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by freud
At least three of his four world titles have been won with help

This statement has literally S H O C K E D me.

Someone tell me please, does this year's title mean anything now??
Well, look at it this way. Did MSch appear happy to you when he was standing on the podium in Austria or during the press conference afterwards.
Have you ever seen an unhappier winner? Even his own brothre looked at him with contempt after the race.
How could this year's title mean anything to him? I can't even imagine that the Tifosi will cheer for him at Monza - we'll wait and see.

When a person wins a championship, no matter how small the comptition is, he is filled with adrenelin, and there is this unforgettable buzz of exhileration that one has beaten the best there is racing there, fair and square, and that the best person on the day won.
Tell me which of these feelings should MSch feel? After all, you are freud!!

Old 22 May 2002, 23:05 (Ref:293054)   #31
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
It wasn't my fault - The Toad made me do it

Quote:
“Initially, I did not know how to handle the situation,” he said. “When you get out the car and see the reaction of the fans and come into the press room and experience that atmosphere, it was clearly a surprise. I have never faced anything like this and I think the best word to describe how I felt is helpless. But I was also surprised, because it was very clear what our strategy would be.”
You see - he knew it all along.

.........but on the subject of the podium ceremony in Austria he explained that he had thought about giving the trophy to Rubens before he got on the podium.

Quote:
“What was clear for me was that I would give Rubens the trophy. That was very clear. I have done this before. Not for the reason of letting me by but for other reasons when we have had good team work and I have given him the trophy. When you are being confronted with the reaction you do things you don't clearly think through."

Yeah!! Let that poor bald schmuck carry the can

Old 23 May 2002, 00:18 (Ref:293091)   #32
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you think this will end up on "Austria's Funniest Home Videos"?

Speaking seriously, I am very hopeful that this will be a turning point for TGF and that he will learn what it means to be a sportsman while he's still young enough to benefit from it. There are some people that just need to be whopped over the head with a two by four before they will notice anything. I think he's had that experience now.

I am surprised that Johnny Herbert is still so bitter about the way TGF treated him.

And I believe it is really too bad he didn't have Jean Alesi for a teammate. He'd have gotten over this little tin god act five years ago if he had done!
Old 23 May 2002, 02:54 (Ref:293140)   #33
freud
Veteran

Valve, honestly... after watching the austrian GP fiasco and hearing other fellow drivers hammer TGF, my feeling of anger have changed into one of sadness. I dont feel angry for Michael winning all the races and titles that he has done over the years but I feel sad for those brilliant drivers who were better than TGF but didnt have as much success in their lives

I feel what if Gilles, Clark and Senna were such manipulators, what would they have achieved in their lives. Any true racing fan will understand what dilemma I am facing... Is this world made for bad people.. are good people like Rubens, like Gilles sacrificial lambs?? These are serious questions... the whole concept of Justice.

Last edited by freud; 23 May 2002 at 02:55.
Old 23 May 2002, 05:38 (Ref:293194)   #34
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:

I feel what if Gilles, Clark and Senna were such manipulators, what would they have achieved in their lives.
NOTHING

Now, ask me another answer freud, so I can give you the question.:confused:

Old 23 May 2002, 05:42 (Ref:293195)   #35
freud
Veteran

LOL
Old 24 May 2002, 02:42 (Ref:294292)   #36
drexel
Racer

drexel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I feel what if Gilles, Clark and Senna were such manipulators, what would they have achieved in their lives.
Senna seemed pretty damn good to me!
At Lotus, he vetoed them hiring Derreck Wawrick...who at the time was a promising driver.
At Maclaren, he would say "jump", Ron Dennis and Honda would say "how high?"
When Maclaren hired Berger to ride shotgun for him, (in his One driver/one team phase). Berger asked to bring over his engineer. They said yes but wouldn't you know it... He never worked with Berger that year....Senna stole him for himself!

Last edited by drexel; 24 May 2002 at 02:42.
Old 24 May 2002, 02:51 (Ref:294295)   #37
Liz
Veteran

Freud, I refer you to Johnny Herbert, who wonders how TGF can believe he has actually won any championships when he has "won" them that way.

The thing that is missing from the equation, that all the good drivers had and no one seems to even recognize any more, is the joy of knowing that the "A" on your paper or the trophy on your mantle were earned with the best work that was in you. But then, this is the generation that thinks it is clever to pay $50,000 for an education and turn in plagarized work and stolen exam papers -- and get nothing for its money but a piece of paper that says "honours" on it -- so maybe it's not the race that matters any more, it's the trophy?
Old 25 May 2002, 02:29 (Ref:295568)   #38
freud
Veteran

thumbs up, Liz!
Old 25 May 2002, 11:27 (Ref:295771)   #39
Liz
Veteran

Sometimes I feel as if I'm shouting down a well. But if a few people think about the real meaning of sportsmanship at the end of the day it will have been worth it.