Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Jun 2019, 02:29 (Ref:3914039)   #776
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
What was illegal about the GTR?
Plenty, the guys running them in historics have noted lots of things, boost controller wired up to intermittent wiper controls, so you'd probably suggest they were running higher than legal boost.
Old 25 Jun 2019, 05:19 (Ref:3914051)   #777
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Plenty, the guys running them in historics have noted lots of things, boost controller wired up to intermittent wiper controls, so you'd probably suggest they were running higher than legal boost.
And the team owner had form by his own admissions.

A shame in some ways that we are unlikely to see such things again.
Old 25 Jun 2019, 09:14 (Ref:3914071)   #778
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Isn't different versions of the same car against the rules of TCR?
There are two versions of the SEAT Leon eligible.
Old 25 Jun 2019, 10:32 (Ref:3914086)   #779
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No, I think he's referring to two different constructors for the same car.
Old 25 Jun 2019, 11:38 (Ref:3914108)   #780
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
No, I think he's referring to two different constructors for the same car.
Ok.

In that case, the Astra has been developed by two different companies.
Old 25 Jun 2019, 12:09 (Ref:3914111)   #781
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, but not in parallel.

Lubner took over from Kissling only this year.
Old 25 Jun 2019, 14:35 (Ref:3914131)   #782
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Yes, but not in parallel.

Lubner took over from Kissling only this year.
The GRM article doesn't suggest them taking over from Vukovic, but rather building for them in partnership.
Old 25 Jun 2019, 23:51 (Ref:3914213)   #783
Umai Naa
Veteran

If Vukovic is the nominated constructor of the Megane, there's no issue.
Old 3 Jul 2019, 02:07 (Ref:3915592)   #784
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Want an Australian delivered, GWR-run Hyundai TCR car?

For Sale Here
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 3 Jul 2019, 02:21 (Ref:3915593)   #785
Umai Naa
Veteran

That was quick...
Old 3 Jul 2019, 04:50 (Ref:3915599)   #786
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Want an Australian delivered, GWR-run Hyundai TCR car?

For Sale Here
Jumping the sereis ship already or a diferent branding ??
Old 3 Jul 2019, 05:00 (Ref:3915601)   #787
Umai Naa
Veteran

Perhaps the money to run it isn't there?
Old 3 Jul 2019, 05:04 (Ref:3915602)   #788
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just like the GWR V8Supercar team!
Old 3 Jul 2019, 12:29 (Ref:3915675)   #789
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Perhaps the money to run it isn't there?
Was it ever gonna be?
A 4th or 5th tier series
Old 3 Jul 2019, 19:18 (Ref:3915744)   #790
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Jumping the sereis ship already or a diferent branding ??
If you read the advertisement for the car, clearly Garth Walden is looking for someone to take ownership of the vehicle and possibly run it for that person.

Reading between the lines, I would suggest that Garth has failed to find a paying driver to make this a commercially viable business venture, so needs/want to bail out of the investment.

Is the car actually owned by Garth, or perhaps another investor?

One thing that is certain is that it's a very good car, and proven to be a front runner in the right hands.

My personal opinion is that the Australian TCR Series is in its infancy and by the time the Series started, most of the monied young drivers had already signed up for their current Gigs.

That will change for the next season, IMO, because TCR just makes more commercial and promotional sense than most of the 2nd and 3rd tier Series, as it enjoys free to air TV that can only get better with time, as obviously there is no shortage of money at PAYCE.

Just my opinion mind, and yes, I do have a vested interest, as I own and run a TCR i30N Hyundai here in New Zealand, so you could well say I am biased and I accept that is a fair point for those who might want to shoot me down.

Cheers,

Mark
Old 3 Jul 2019, 22:30 (Ref:3915766)   #791
Umai Naa
Veteran

The car was propped up by series sponsors at round 1.

It, and its sister belong to a private owner.
Old 3 Jul 2019, 23:03 (Ref:3915770)   #792
Petoli
Racer

United Kingdom
Petoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The car was propped up by series sponsors at round 1.

It, and its sister belong to a private owner.

Arent all the cars owned privately though. They may not be owned by the team running them, but someone owns them.
Old 3 Jul 2019, 23:57 (Ref:3915772)   #793
Umai Naa
Veteran

An owner whose identity is undisclosed.
Old 4 Jul 2019, 01:54 (Ref:3915789)   #794
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Was it ever gonna be?
A 4th or 5th tier series

What do you mean here?
Old 4 Jul 2019, 04:44 (Ref:3915799)   #795
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
If you read the advertisement for the car, clearly Garth Walden is looking for someone to take ownership of the vehicle and possibly run it for that person.

Reading between the lines, I would suggest that Garth has failed to find a paying driver to make this a commercially viable business venture, so needs/want to bail out of the investment.

Is the car actually owned by Garth, or perhaps another investor?

One thing that is certain is that it's a very good car, and proven to be a front runner in the right hands.

My personal opinion is that the Australian TCR Series is in its infancy and by the time the Series started, most of the monied young drivers had already signed up for their current Gigs.

That will change for the next season, IMO, because TCR just makes more commercial and promotional sense than most of the 2nd and 3rd tier Series, as it enjoys free to air TV that can only get better with time, as obviously there is no shortage of money at PAYCE.

Just my opinion mind, and yes, I do have a vested interest, as I own and run a TCR i30N Hyundai here in New Zealand, so you could well say I am biased and I accept that is a fair point for those who might want to shoot me down.

Cheers,

Mark
Cheers Mark,

I would love to see it run on the same bill as the Supercar series however with it already recieving its own coverage outright I understand the best concept would be to leave it as a stand alone.
Old 4 Jul 2019, 04:46 (Ref:3915800)   #796
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
What do you mean here?
Ignore that statement, I asnwered a comment whch was totally irrelevent to the original posts.
Old 5 Jul 2019, 06:25 (Ref:3915975)   #797
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
An owner whose identity is undisclosed.
Owns a Porsche that runs out of the same workshop.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 13 Jul 2019, 00:08 (Ref:3917249)   #798
Mixer
Veteran

GRM ordered another 3 Alfas:
https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/07/13...QheYxtWuDRwsf0
Old 13 Jul 2019, 01:20 (Ref:3917256)   #799
twinwebbers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
twinwebbers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting to know what is going on at GRM... Garry (and Barry) are smart operators always ready to make a buck. Super 5000 builds, more TCR cars and investigating building Renaults, they seem to be branching off into areas other than their Supercar team.

Meanwhile the major sponsor of the Supercar team is moaning and whinging in public (noting that he has form) about the lack of speed in the team.

Perhaps they are looking at spreading risk or perhaps selling the V8 team to Mr Adderton shortly and carrying on having fun (and making money) elsewhere.

Interesting times at GRM....
Old 13 Jul 2019, 03:02 (Ref:3917258)   #800
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Word around the traps is Boost might be more than just a sponsor of the Supercar team, which makes me think the TCR deal is where GRM will ultimately land.