Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 23 Feb 2021, 22:32 (Ref:4036512)   #2251
Car 7
Rookie

Car 7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
I’m not sure he’s driven anything with a lot of downforce as he’s mainly been in GTs but good RWD experience for sure.
Fairplay, I meant aero but the point stands - there isn't much in touring cars!
Old 23 Feb 2021, 22:38 (Ref:4036516)   #2252
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yeah there is the minimum amount of aero in BTCC, might be a bit of a shock for Rick when he first drives one, but he should get there eventually
Old 24 Feb 2021, 07:59 (Ref:4036559)   #2253
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The guy has 2 championships to his name - much more success than many others on the grid....
Old 24 Feb 2021, 08:18 (Ref:4036563)   #2254
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is there a Media Day event planned this year? Even one behind closed doors.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 08:44 (Ref:4036565)   #2255
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Is there a Media Day event planned this year? Even one behind closed doors.
There was one planned, let's see what impact this weeks announcement has on it.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 12:40 (Ref:4036630)   #2256
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So a strange off-season is drawing to a close.
We haven't seen anywhere neat the normal amount of wild speculation, or of assertions of drivers/teams signing that turn out to be untrue as previous seasons, and nearly all of the deals seem to have been wrapped up fairly smoothly.

There are only a couple of seats still to be revealed, and word is that only one seat is not secured with three months until the wheels turn in anger.

TeamCarDriverNotes

Confirmed Entries   
Power MaxedVauxhall AstraPlato(Re-)Confirmed in press release
Power MaxedVauxhall Astra???(Re-)Confirmed in press release
Team DynamicsHonda Civic FK8CammishConfirmed in press release
Team DynamicsHonda Civic FK8???Confirmed in press release,
Autobrite (HARD./BMR)Cupra LeonGoffConfirmed in press release
Autobrite (HARD./BMR)Cupra LeonGeddieConfirmed in press release
HARD./BMRCupra LeonTaylor-SmithConfirmed in press release
HARD./BMRCupra Leon???Confirmed in press release
Laser Tools (HARD./BMR)Infiniti Q50MoffatConfirmed in press release
Laser Tools (HARD./BMR)Infiniti Q50SuttonConfirmed in press release
Laser Tools (HARD./BMR)Infiniti Q50BoardleyConfirmed in press release
Ciceley MotorsportBMW 330iMorganConfirmed in press release
Ciceley MotorsportBMW 330iChiltonConfirmed in press release
EXCELR8 Trade Price CarsHyundai i30SmileyConfirmed in press release
EXCELR8 Trade Price CarsHyundai i30ButelConfirmed in press release
EXCELR8 Trade Price Cars (Ginsters?)Hyundai i30IngramConfirmed in press release
EXCELR8 Trade Price Cars (Ginsters?)Hyundai i30Parfitt JrConfirmed in press release
MB Motorsport accelerated by Blue SquareFord FocusHillConfirmed in press release
MB Motorsport accelerated by Blue SquareFord FocusO.Jackson Confirmed in press release
Motorbase (AmD)Ford FocusNeate Confirmed in press release
Motorbase (AmD)Ford FocusOsborne Confirmed in press release
WSRBMW 330iTurkingtonConfirmed in press release
WSRBMW 330iOliphantConfirmed in press release
WSRBMW 330i JelleyConfirmed in press release
BTC RacingHonda Civic FK8CookConfirmed in press release
BTC RacingHonda Civic FK8Crees Confirmed in press release
BTC RacingHonda Civic FK8Edwards Confirmed in press release
SpeedworksToyota CorollaButcherConfirmed in press release
SpeedworksToyota CorollaSmeltConfirmed in press release

Likely Entries   
??????RowbottomIn this very thread from the driver!
??????HamiltonPress release stating he is on the grid.

Possible Entries   
Team DynamicsHonda Civic FK8Neal/SheddenNeal talked about options away from racing and trying to get a deal for Flash.
??????ProctorTalk of ‘deal being done’

All entries could be marked '*' due to COVID   

So for the one seat that is still to be secured, which one will it be? And how tempting is it*?
Dynamics - having to race alongside Cammish who has built an experience with the car/team, and challenged for the title twice in a row and established himself as #1 in the team.
PMR - having to race alongside Plato, clear #1 driver.
HARD. - having to take on a new car with minimal development.

Arguably, HARD. could be the best option. Less expectation, and little to lose and plenty to gain reputation wise.

* I appreciate all BTCC seats are tempting, but drivers have a different perspective to the rest of us *
Old 24 Feb 2021, 13:15 (Ref:4036637)   #2257
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Where does the 'deal being done' speculation about Senna Proctor come from? I haven't heard about this before.

I think this should confirm that Rowbottom is on the grid:
https://danielrowbottom.com/
(unless it is a fake website, of course, but I don't think it is). This is most likely Team Dynamics, as Autosport is usually very reliable.

Nic Hamilton should be as good as confirmed at HARD.

That leaves Power Maxed Racing seat as the only one that is unconfirmed. If the speculation about Proctor is true, that he must be going to Power Maxed. If not, I think Bobby Thompson is the other most likely contender for the seat.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 13:39 (Ref:4036648)   #2258
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
Where does the 'deal being done' speculation about Senna Proctor come from? I haven't heard about this before.
https://tentenths.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1597

And he posted on social media words to the effect of 'deal done'.

Quote:
I think this should confirm that Rowbottom is on the grid:
https://danielrowbottom.com/
(unless it is a fake website, of course, but I don't think it is). This is most likely Team Dynamics, as Autosport is usually very reliable.
Probably - although 2021 BTCC news could be that he (and his sponsors) are sitting out the season until 2022....

Quote:
Nic Hamilton should be as good as confirmed at HARD.
Why HARD. and not another team?

Quote:
That leaves Power Maxed Racing seat as the only one that is unconfirmed. If the speculation about Proctor is true, that he must be going to Power Maxed. If not, I think Bobby Thompson is the other most likely contender for the seat.
Proctor stating his deal was done happened months before PMR still stated they are trying to sign a driver.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 14:14 (Ref:4036656)   #2259
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
https://tentenths.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1597

And he posted on social media words to the effect of 'deal done'.

Probably - although 2021 BTCC news could be that he (and his sponsors) are sitting out the season until 2022....

Why HARD. and not another team?

Proctor stating his deal was done happened months before PMR still stated they are trying to sign a driver.
I think Hamilton is at HARD just because I can't see him at Team Dynamics, and PMR said they were still choosing a driver after Hamilton had already announced his drive.

But then it doesn't fit, because we know Rowbo, Proctor and Hamilton are all on the grid as they have all sort of confirmed that they have signed a deal, and none of them are at Power Maxed because they haven't signed a driver yet. Maybe we are misunderstanding one of those three drivers, or Power Maxed have just been lying to us all this time.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 14:17 (Ref:4036657)   #2260
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
But then it doesn't fit, because we know Rowbo, Proctor and Hamilton are all on the grid as they have all sort of confirmed that they have signed a deal, and none of them are at Power Maxed because they haven't signed a driver yet. Maybe we are misunderstanding one of those three drivers, or Power Maxed have just been lying to us all this time.
I understand where you are coming from - but of those three drivers you mention, only one of them (I think) has actually confirmed that they are on the BTCC grid in 2021 (Hamilton).
Old 24 Feb 2021, 14:57 (Ref:4036664)   #2261
WestHam92
Rookie

European Union
WestHam92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope Thompson doesn't miss out this season. He did okay in the Audi last season, despite it not being a particularly good car and he was looking a lot better in the races before his accident.

Worse drivers than him have had opportunities in decent cars (and yes, I know how the BTCC works in terms of the business side of things being more important than having talent or experience but doesn't make it right)

Last edited by WestHam92; 24 Feb 2021 at 15:05.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 16:46 (Ref:4036737)   #2262
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Ior Power Maxed have just been lying to us all this time.
I think lying is the wrong term here - it's possible that they had a driver signed and subsequently the commercials have changed and it's no longer viable so they have a free seat again. Before last season they had 2 drivers signed and neither raced for them - possibly the same situation again for the remaining seat.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 16:51 (Ref:4036741)   #2263
Daverb
Rookie

Daverb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or the first seat...
Old 24 Feb 2021, 17:08 (Ref:4036747)   #2264
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daverb View Post
Or the first seat...
Fair point! Who wants to put a pound on Plato being in the other Dynamics seat?

In other BTCC news Cicely have been testing the 1 series again at Donington whilst Motorbase have been at Snetterton with 2 Focus (Foci, Focuses, Focussssss). Have to say the 1 series looks good in the plain black wrap - you can see why they got rid of the gold!
Old 24 Feb 2021, 17:16 (Ref:4036749)   #2265
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Or - Matt Neal and Adam Weaver have been in discussions over collaboration between Team Dynamics and Automotive Brands, and as a result Neal is in the second Astra.....

(Hamilton in a Civic, Rowbottom in a Cupra, Proctor's deal was struck by COVID).

Quote:
2 Focus (Foci, Focuses, Focussssss).
Foci - it's a countable noun.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 18:32 (Ref:4036768)   #2266
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

In other BTCC news Cicely have been testing the 1 series again at Donington whilst Motorbase have been at Snetterton with 2 Focus (Foci, Focuses, Focussssss). Have to say the 1 series looks good in the plain black wrap - you can see why they got rid of the gold!
JP at Dynamics would be interesting. Genuinely don't see it, but those two got on well when interviewed recently. Old pals in fact.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 18:35 (Ref:4036770)   #2267
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car 7 View Post
Fairplay, I meant aero but the point stands - there isn't much in touring cars!
What is the generally regarded amount, I was under the belief it was between 200-300kg at 140mph with a 67% front bias (for a FWD)? GT3 is about 500kg at a similar speed?
Old 24 Feb 2021, 18:50 (Ref:4036772)   #2268
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
JP at Dynamics would be interesting. Genuinely don't see it, but those two got on well when interviewed recently. Old pals in fact.
has hell frozen over ?
Old 24 Feb 2021, 19:25 (Ref:4036775)   #2269
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
has hell frozen over ?
No - there is more maturity and respect on the grid nowadays.
Just need the 'fans' to catch up now.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 19:43 (Ref:4036780)   #2270
BTCC frog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
has hell frozen over ?
In Jason Plato's book he basically says that the whole Plato-Neal rivalry was mostly just an act, because the fans enjoyed it.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 20:07 (Ref:4036799)   #2271
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
What is the generally regarded amount, I was under the belief it was between 200-300kg at 140mph with a 67% front bias (for a FWD)? GT3 is about 500kg at a similar speed?
I'm not sure of the kg force, but the 1-Series NGTC rear wing under tests was homologated with a total lift of between -251.8 and -274.1 N at 150kph.
This is broken down as being between 22.3 and 24.5 N lift at the front, and -247.8 and -272.2 N lift at the rear.

In comparison, the R8 LMS GT3 is reported as generating -2762.70 N overall lift (or -281.62 kg) at 180kph.

** Disclaimer - the NGTC figures are from MIRA, the R8 figures are from simulated CFD **
Old 24 Feb 2021, 20:17 (Ref:4036802)   #2272
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I'm not sure of the kg force, but the 1-Series NGTC rear wing under tests was homologated with a total lift of between -251.8 and -274.1 N at 150kph.
This is broken down as being between 22.3 and 24.5 N lift at the front, and -247.8 and -272.2 N lift at the rear.

In comparison, the R8 LMS GT3 is reported as generating -2762.70 N overall lift (or -281.62 kg) at 180kph.

** Disclaimer - the NGTC figures are from MIRA, the R8 figures are from simulated CFD **
Interesting info although the speed differential makes a big, big difference.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 21:39 (Ref:4036828)   #2273
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quote:
In Jason Plato's book he basically says that the whole Plato-Neal rivalry was mostly just an act, because the fans enjoyed it.
It was an act that got slightly out of hand when personal insults got thrown around but you can see from recent times and interviews that they both hold them memories very fondly. Still think it will be a shame if Matt bows out from the series so quietly with little fuss.
Old 25 Feb 2021, 07:09 (Ref:4036869)   #2274
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport magazine today (25/2/21) suggesting PMR seat is “going the way” of Bobby T.
Old 25 Feb 2021, 08:42 (Ref:4036885)   #2275
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
Autosport magazine today (25/2/21) suggesting PMR seat is “going the way” of Bobby T.
He was rumoured to be 'a front runner' for that seat, so great opportunity for him if he nails the deal.