Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Apr 2021, 10:06 (Ref:4044341)   #16
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
+ 1.
Old 2 Apr 2021, 23:01 (Ref:4044417)   #17
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's my weekend at work sorted.
Old 3 Apr 2021, 12:58 (Ref:4044466)   #18
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alternative link to live stream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4TdWH1XIiw
Old 3 Apr 2021, 13:15 (Ref:4044472)   #19
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!
Watching it cast to the big screen as I type. Thanks again for the YT link.
Glass of wine in hand watching the Masters...a great way to spend a birthday!
Old 3 Apr 2021, 15:54 (Ref:4044485)   #20
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent coverage.
Old 3 Apr 2021, 18:11 (Ref:4044495)   #21
Derwent
Racer

Derwent has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Some of the frids were rather thin I thought. No doubt due to COVID but I sometimes think Masters run more events than are needed, but they must make a profit!
Old 3 Apr 2021, 19:02 (Ref:4044498)   #22
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
Some of the frids were rather thin I thought. No doubt due to COVID but I sometimes think Masters run more events than are needed, but they must make a profit!
How on earth can you have a two day amateur race meeting when it’s illegal to stay away from home overnight???
Old 4 Apr 2021, 08:44 (Ref:4044550)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You run qualifying and races on each day. We are doing the same at the Donington historic festival.
In the current circumstances, we need to do all we can to help local businesses. With this in mind I suggest we all schedule our visits to the pub so we can keep the 2m social distancing and whilst there get completely slamied for two hours before handing over to the next shift.

It probably won't stop the virus but nobody would care.
Old 4 Apr 2021, 09:25 (Ref:4044562)   #24
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
You run qualifying and races on each day. We are doing the same at the Donington historic festival.
And no teams / mechanics work both days?

All different officials, or do they all go home every night??
Old 4 Apr 2021, 09:28 (Ref:4044563)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They probably go home each night. Not really our problem, the event was very good and I'm hoping the same in four weeks time. I will travel each day.
In the current circumstances, we need to do all we can to help local businesses. With this in mind I suggest we all schedule our visits to the pub so we can keep the 2m social distancing and whilst there get completely slamied for two hours before handing over to the next shift.

It probably won't stop the virus but nobody would care.
Old 4 Apr 2021, 10:17 (Ref:4044572)   #26
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
They probably go home each night. Not really our problem, the event was very good and I'm hoping the same in four weeks time. I will travel each day.
Glad you enjoyed it.

Hope as much as people have enjoyed overly-long lockdown due to parts of society deciding the rules don’t really apply to them as they are “essential.”
Old 4 Apr 2021, 10:22 (Ref:4044573)   #27
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Glad you enjoyed it.

Hope as much as people have enjoyed overly-long lockdown due to parts of society deciding the rules don’t really apply to them as they are “essential.”
Suggest you keep up with the news, Motorsport was allowed to restart last weekend under a set of rules issued by our governing body MSUK. Conditions of entry and admission was very strict. |I for one was not selected to marshal as the maximum manning level was reached. Marshals were allowed to say in hotels as we were classed as workers for the week end.
Old 4 Apr 2021, 10:25 (Ref:4044574)   #28
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Lots of sports reopened including grass roots football etc.
Old 4 Apr 2021, 10:27 (Ref:4044575)   #29
peebee2
Veteran

Thanks, fully up to date with the rules and know that many people ignored / were expected by the people who pay them to ignore the rule to not stay away from home overnight.

Disappointingly selfish.
Old 4 Apr 2021, 11:24 (Ref:4044582)   #30
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Smith View Post
Live Stream from 12.30h on Saturday 3rd April:

https://www.facebook.com/MastersHist...type=3&theater
Thanks so much, great to see some historic racing.