Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 31 Mar 2015, 11:15 (Ref:3522180)   #1
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
MGCC Mallory 29th March (corrected for stupid OP - ie me)

Not much said about this, so I thought a thread to mark my first event of the season. Quite a good start it was too.

Racing was OK - the Metros put on a great display - but in the absence of too many on-track battles there were some nice cars trying their best and it was enjoyable. Especially good to be back at Mallory where we could enjoy the new swamp on the outside of Stebbe! One class was a dead loss on the first race, a small field quickly reducing itself to just 5, but well done to the club for amalgamating their second race following delays.

Thanks to MGCC for the season badge which should be the first patch on my new overalls.

For me it was a case of 'I love work, I could watch it all day'. Just two pull offs at our spot, while Post 6 looked very busy and extremely stretched - at one point they had cars at both ends of their sector and one in the middle, and during the day they had cars facing every direction including wheels upwards. I thought they coped extremely well, not a bad start to their year with the training put to full use! I gather the approach to the hairpin were similarly busy, evidenced by a significant hole in the barriers seen when leaving the circuit. I presume that was the reason for the long stop in the afternoon. The club did very well to get the meeting finished just on time, the last race curtailed a minute early I think.

Legs still aching after my first full day standing up, new overalls and marshalling bag christened, nothing now until the 24 hours.
Old 31 Mar 2015, 12:13 (Ref:3522212)   #2
Pitsmarion
Rookie

Guernsey
Huntingdon
Pitsmarion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My thanks to the Pits and Startline team for a great job in sometimes nasty weather - standing out on the track in horizontal hail waiting for the cars to come round is not the most glamorous of things to do. And a big thanks to the Assembly team, for coping superbly with the (new to them) MG "Quick-start" process and briefing the drivers so our job on Startline was made much easier.

This was my first time at Mallory, and I look forward to returning. Thanks for a great day.

Marion
Old 31 Mar 2015, 18:23 (Ref:3522384)   #3
Pete Howarth
Veteran

England
New Waltham
Pete Howarth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The guys and Elaine on Stebbe Straight had a busy day and dealt very well with everything that was thrown at them during the day. It was a pleasure to be their Post Chief for the day.
Old 31 Mar 2015, 18:58 (Ref:3522400)   #4
AndyT
Racer

England
Peterborough
AndyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
using your crystal ball Woolley - 29th May
Old 31 Mar 2015, 20:44 (Ref:3522446)   #5
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
using your crystal ball Woolley - 29th May
Oh, flip, I'll change it, but I'll leave your post as evidence of my stupidity. And in any case I've also realised I'm doing WEC before 24hrs...
Old 1 Apr 2015, 08:36 (Ref:3522630)   #6
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tell you who the hero on the day was: Sue Mullen, trying to hear people on the radio with all that wind must have been a nightmare, especially with all that happened on the circuit. Well done Sue.
Old 1 Apr 2015, 16:51 (Ref:3522791)   #7
stephen0183
Rookie

England
Nottinghamshire
stephen0183 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Tell you who the hero on the day was: Sue Mullen, trying to hear people on the radio with all that wind must have been a nightmare, especially with all that happened on the circuit. Well done Sue.

I don't think it was just the weather that caused some of the radio issues.

Was slightly un-nerving on Post 9 to suddenly see the armco the other side of the hairpin leaning back towards us and some of the privacy boards blown down by the gales!
Old 3 Apr 2015, 13:05 (Ref:3523352)   #8
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The radios were awful. It took an age for the rescue unit to be scrambled despite the rest of us hearing the request from the post chief!
It was disappointing to not get stood down during the lunch break on paddock gate but all in all, an enjoyable day
Old 21 Apr 2015, 19:51 (Ref:3529810)   #9
AMR
Rookie

AMR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitsmarion View Post
My thanks to the Pits and Startline team for a great job in sometimes nasty weather - standing out on the track in horizontal hail waiting for the cars to come round is not the most glamorous of things to do. And a big thanks to the Assembly team, for coping superbly with the (new to them) MG "Quick-start" process and briefing the drivers so our job on Startline was made much easier.

This was my first time at Mallory, and I look forward to returning. Thanks for a great day.

Marion
A bit late in replying but: Thank you Marion for your help and enthusiasm for creating a good team, as you said in some horrible weather conditions.