Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Jun 2014, 11:36 (Ref:3414183)   #1
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forza Rossa F1 Team granted 2015 entry.

Official announcement to come soon. The FIA have finally approved the Romanian backed entry. But unlike Haas F1, FR are looking to put cars on the grid for next year. Rumour has it they will use Renault engines with the team based at HRT's former boss Colin Kolles' base near Munich.

With the name Forza Rossa I would have thought a Ferrari engine was more likely to fit in better.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 11:55 (Ref:3414189)   #2
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Romanian backed team?!

To be honest, I think the more teams, the better. Hopefully they can do better than HRT...
Old 2 Jun 2014, 12:05 (Ref:3414192)   #3
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Romanian promises Robert Visoiu and Mihai Marinescu.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 12:14 (Ref:3414197)   #4
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
That's exactly what I was thinking.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 12:18 (Ref:3414200)   #5
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Collin Kolles involved? That sounds really promising, the man with the Midas touch.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 13:25 (Ref:3414250)   #6
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Surely one of them would be enough? Paired with someone with a bit of F1 experience.

Anyway, happy for the team, Kolles knows what he's doing, looking forward to again having a new team next year!
Old 2 Jun 2014, 14:50 (Ref:3414310)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
also not sure how i feel abut them including "Forza' in their name.

but like the idea of putting two relative unknowns/rookies into the car at the same time (if thats what they do). i've been over the moon since Mahindra signed the old HRT paring of Senna and Chandhok.

working the underdog angle is one sure way to get my support. good luck to them!
Old 2 Jun 2014, 16:13 (Ref:3414350)   #8
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Forza Rossa and Toro Rosso are names that sound too similar - to English speaking ears anyway.

On course to be perennial backmakers but that in of itself is OK, that's part of the sport too.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 07:10 (Ref:3414613)   #9
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, as long as Nigel Farage doesn't get involved with F1, we should be okay.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 07:48 (Ref:3414627)   #10
321Go
Veteran

An article about this appeared on foxsports.com a few hours ago. Still not buying the Renault engine deal, even though this article also claims FRR F1 will be using them.

Ion Bazac, the man behind the entry, is Romania's Ferrari dealer. His wife Camelia Bazac controls the Maserati dealership. Putting two and two together, Ferrari would have to be front runners for engine supply to Forza Rossa I would say. That would make four Ferrari powered teams in 2015, if this indeed does happen for 2015.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 08:53 (Ref:3414651)   #11
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Joe Saward seems to think they will use Ferrari poer units.
http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2014/...gets-an-entry/

However Haas also wants to use Ferrari from what has been said elsewhere. That would mean Ferrari would be supplying 5 teams which is against the current regs. However Honda will possibly supply another team in 2016 as they are no exclusive to McLaren.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 09:31 (Ref:3414664)   #12
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At the moment, all this is idle speculation. As Pitpass comments this morning, there are unconfirmed reports floating about, maybe from this thread, concerning this new team joining for 2015.

I have one question though. Don't the current agreement with the teams state that their will be a maximum of 24 cars on the grid for each race. If this is so, will that mean that, assuming that we have 13 teams competing in 2016, the two slowest cars in Q1 have to be withdrawn? And if so, what would be the result if one of those happened to be the current World Champion, and it was because of a mechanical malfunction or damage which could easily be rectified for the race? Do you, for one moment, think that Mateschitz would find that acceptable considering the probable billions that he has put into Formula 1?

Let's wait to hear an official press release from the FIA.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 09:34 (Ref:3414667)   #13
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My understanding is that the maximum number of possible starters is 26 which is the number that dates back to the'70s
Old 3 Jun 2014, 10:04 (Ref:3414677)   #14
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
My understanding is that the maximum number of possible starters is 26 which is the number that dates back to the'70s
I asked the question because, in the dark recesses of what passes for my mind, there is a doubt about the maximum allowed which raised it's head when the last 3 teams joined. I just seem to remember mention being made that 24 cars was the new maximum.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 10:35 (Ref:3414687)   #15
321Go
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Do you, for one moment, think that Mateschitz would find that acceptable considering the probable billions that he has put into Formula 1?
Not sure. But let's wait to hear from Mateschitz, officially, before speculating what he would find acceptable.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 10:45 (Ref:3414692)   #16
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Not sure. But let's wait to hear from Mateschitz, officially, before speculating what he would find acceptable.
Well, I was bored, so I thought I would also join in with the speculating!
Old 3 Jun 2014, 12:03 (Ref:3414727)   #17
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
At the moment, all this is idle speculation. As Pitpass comments this morning, there are unconfirmed reports floating about, maybe from this thread, concerning this new team joining for 2015.

I have one question though. Don't the current agreement with the teams state that their will be a maximum of 24 cars on the grid for each race. If this is so, will that mean that, assuming that we have 13 teams competing in 2016, the two slowest cars in Q1 have to be withdrawn? And if so, what would be the result if one of those happened to be the current World Champion, and it was because of a mechanical malfunction or damage which could easily be rectified for the race? Do you, for one moment, think that Mateschitz would find that acceptable considering the probable billions that he has put into Formula 1?

Let's wait to hear an official press release from the FIA.

Mateschitz has stated on a number of occasions that he believes F1 is a sport, if one of his cars failed to make the start because it did not qualify for some reason or other I am sure that he is the one person in F1 who would accept it with good grace!
Old 3 Jun 2014, 12:27 (Ref:3414736)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Joe Saward seems to think they will use Ferrari poer units.
http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2014/...gets-an-entry/

However Haas also wants to use Ferrari from what has been said elsewhere. That would mean Ferrari would be supplying 5 teams which is against the current regs. However Honda will possibly supply another team in 2016 as they are no exclusive to McLaren.
All depends if Mr Sauber finds a guardian angel to keep his F1 dream alive perhaps...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 3 Jun 2014, 14:29 (Ref:3414795)   #19
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Well, I was bored, so I thought I would also join in with the speculating!
its all speculation until we see an official entry list and even then we will see what happens in OZ.

seriously though, in the back of my mind i also recall it being a max of 12 teams and 24 cars as that was the min requirement for F1 tracks to set up garage facilities for.

good question though.

if this team makes it for 2015 and Haas by 2016 then i think it would mean one of the current teams will be gone rather than there being a return to pre qualifying. at least one of the existing teams would never allow it.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 17:47 (Ref:3414867)   #20
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope this is not HRT MkII
Old 3 Jun 2014, 17:53 (Ref:3414869)   #21
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

seriously though, in the back of my mind i also recall it being a max of 12 teams and 24 cars as that was the min requirement for F1 tracks to set up garage facilities for.
This rings a bell with me as we, wasn't the last spa change to accommodate 12 teams in the F1 pit?
Old 3 Jun 2014, 18:12 (Ref:3414875)   #22
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
26 is the limit that can start I think. That plateau was last reached in 1995 IIRC when Simtek folded mid season and reduced the number to 24.

I suppose they can accommodate any number of entries but if you fall below 107% or are 27th or lower in qualifying then you're going home before the big Sunday.

I'm not sure that'll be an issue as a number of existing teams look a little sickly.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 18:14 (Ref:3414876)   #23
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Glad to note that I am not the only person on here that thinks that they remember that there is a maximum of 12 teams and either/or 24 cars allowed to start a race.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 18:20 (Ref:3414881)   #24
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I asked the question because, in the dark recesses of what passes for my mind, there is a doubt about the maximum allowed which raised it's head when the last 3 teams joined. I just seem to remember mention being made that 24 cars was the new maximum.
I'm pretty sure it's 26 as USF1 were supposed to enter at the same time as Hispania, Virgin and Lotus. If I remember correctly, after USF1 pulled out a fortnight before the opener, someone bought Toyota's cars and turned up to the first race, but were refused entry as the FIA wouldn't re-open entries with only a fortnight to put the team together. It was 24 from the 90s up until that year I think though.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 18:36 (Ref:3414886)   #25
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Gimme 39 entries. Let's have some pre-qualifying fun with drug dealin' shoe moguls bringing their inverted bath tubs on wheels to have a pop at that hollowed 26th spot on Sunday.