Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 27 Oct 2019, 08:04 (Ref:3937065)   #301
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
By the way. No special thread for an ELMS race for a long time. Clearly shows that huge interest and enthusiasm among public and the right way ACO and FIA have chosen for LMP2 and LMP3 classes. Would be nice to discuss advantages and disadvantages of chassis like Wolf, Dome, Bailey, BR or Lola (RIP); check the progress of Spire or Mittell from RGB through LMP3. But it will be possible only some other time some other (better) place.
Old 27 Oct 2019, 11:14 (Ref:3937089)   #302
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
By the way. No special thread for an ELMS race for a long time. Clearly shows that huge interest and enthusiasm among public and the right way ACO and FIA have chosen for LMP2 and LMP3 classes. Would be nice to discuss advantages and disadvantages of chassis like Wolf, Dome, Bailey, BR or Lola (RIP); check the progress of Spire or Mittell from RGB through LMP3. But it will be possible only some other time some other (better) place.
It hasn't happened for years now. In fact, this is the old 2018 thread. But yes indeed my friend it is all very boring, one can say only so much on how the identical, frozen Oreca 07s perform today as they did 3 years ago, or how they will doing in 3 years time in the future.

Even most of my posts here have been either about the hydrogen tech, which actually has nothing to do with the series itself... or the upgraded LMP3s which will indeed bring something unseen to this spec series next year for the first time since 2017, but which will also be new for single year with standardized tech frozen regulations...

We have the WEC which is / will become a full bop series, other than for LMP2 which is spec proam format. We have ELMS with two spec proam classes and one proam bop class. MLMC with proam spec class and proam bop class. Asian LMS with two proam spec classes, one proam somewhat-free-class (the prev gen LMP2) and then proam bop classes. Ligier Cup with two proam spec classes. Finally IMSA with three bop classes and one proam spec class.

Do you follow historic racing helgi? Masters Endurance Legends and Peter Auto version of it have the classic 00' and early 10' cars, all without bop and spec crap. They have some sort of success penalty system but it doesn't really effect much of anything. I really wish to see more of it. There's a gap in the market!
Old 27 Oct 2019, 11:52 (Ref:3937097)   #303
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least it was good to see RLR and their very quick driver pairing of Rob Wheldon and Alex Kapadia giving Ligier/Onroak victory in the final race of the Michelin Le Mans Cup Championship . Fingers crossed Adess and Ginetta can step up to the plate as well next year .

Regarding new manufacturers coming into the WEC , ELMS or MLMC how many are waiting in the wings ? In the UK I can think of Radical with their dominating one make series , MCR and Gunn in Sports 2000 although neither have built a new chassis for many years . In Clubmans racing GEM made a few chassis a few years back , although most drivers seem to rely on cars decades old and as Helgi says Spire and Mittell and a few others in the 750 Motor Clubs RGB series although LMP3 is a very long way from RGB .

What is needed is a series to encourage manufacturers like Spire and Mittell to climb the racing staircase to International racing but sadly at the moment there seems to be little appetite or prospect of the governing body doing anything like that .
Old 27 Oct 2019, 11:53 (Ref:3937098)   #304
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So the time ticker has gone to zero, but there's no "Live" button on the web page. I hate time zones...

Anyone better sorted with time than me that can tell me when the race starts?
Old 27 Oct 2019, 11:59 (Ref:3937099)   #305
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Do you follow historic racing helgi? Masters Endurance Legends and Peter Auto version of it have the classic 00' and early 10' cars, all without bop and spec crap. They have some sort of success penalty system but it doesn't really effect much of anything. I really wish to see more of it. There's a gap in the market!

This year I tend to search more info about 750 Club racing, but it's rather difficult to find proper articles about tech side. Some videos via YouTube are quite good though. As for historics (not only 750 but ones you've mentioned) it's a definite target for 2020 I suppose.
Old 27 Oct 2019, 12:06 (Ref:3937100)   #306
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
So the time ticker has gone to zero, but there's no "Live" button on the web page. I hate time zones...

Anyone better sorted with time than me that can tell me when the race starts?
1210 Local for the stream. Which is about 4 minutes from my post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXx56RYzbPU

Race green 22 minutes from now.
Old 27 Oct 2019, 12:15 (Ref:3937102)   #307
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
Regarding new manufacturers coming into the WEC , ELMS or MLMC how many are waiting in the wings ? In the UK I can think of Radical with their dominating one make series , MCR and Gunn in Sports 2000 although neither have built a new chassis for many years . In Clubmans racing GEM made a few chassis a few years back , although most drivers seem to rely on cars decades old and as Helgi says Spire and Mittell and a few others in the 750 Motor Clubs RGB series although LMP3 is a very long way from RGB .
How many waiting, it's hard to say since they don't have any prospects of actually ever making the cut? Small to medium sized prototype constructors simply cannot come to ACO racing anymore, as LMP2 and LMP3 are closed door spec series, and Hypercar/P1-thing WEC-only bop championship with big OEMs. Even the old CN class in the ASLMS have been killed off. So if these smaller constructors want to compete, it is national racing they are forced to choose...

Things like Garage 56 are literally the last havens for anyone else than constructors who settle for spec or bop racing, but even there the ACO selection committee seems to have insanely hard criteria to pick anyone up. Plus you have to have that new technology aspect to it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
This year I tend to search more info about 750 Club racing, but it's rather difficult to find proper articles about tech side. Some videos via YouTube are quite good though. As for historics (not only 750 but ones you've mentioned) it's a definite target for 2020 I suppose.
Looks like nice variety in that 750 at least. But yes it's good to have at least some options I suppose.

The Brazilian prototype thing I talked about here seems somewhat interesting
https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...141395&page=19

Last edited by Deleted; 27 Oct 2019 at 12:26.
Old 27 Oct 2019, 12:29 (Ref:3937105)   #308
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
1210 Local for the stream. Which is about 4 minutes from my post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXx56RYzbPU

Race green 22 minutes from now.

Thanks mate.
Old 27 Oct 2019, 12:32 (Ref:3937106)   #309
Deleted
Veteran

What a total carnage of opening lap
Old 27 Oct 2019, 12:33 (Ref:3937107)   #310
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Red flag. Some of those cars won't be returning.

I don't know the regulations well enough, but cars that return (83 and the 66 should get back), do they stay on the lead lap?
Old 27 Oct 2019, 12:41 (Ref:3937108)   #311
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
https://timing.71wytham.org.uk/s/elms The good timing system is back for ELMS btw.
Old 27 Oct 2019, 12:56 (Ref:3937109)   #312
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Red flag. Some of those cars won't be returning.

I don't know the regulations well enough, but cars that return (83 and the 66 should get back), do they stay on the lead lap?
I think so, unless the red flag was called once the leader has crossed the finish line.
Old 27 Oct 2019, 12:57 (Ref:3937110)   #313
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
I think so, unless the red flag was called once the leader has crossed the finish line.
I think in this specific case, the red was before the leader crossed the line.

The JMW car has been lifted out of the area, but hasn't returned. That might be a retirement.

Edit: 66 back in the garage. This is for a Le Mans entry.

Last edited by Akrapovic; 27 Oct 2019 at 13:11.
Old 27 Oct 2019, 13:24 (Ref:3937116)   #314
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
77 & 88 out at the spot
83 out of the race: too much damage

66 in the pits with (minor?) damage
Old 27 Oct 2019, 13:26 (Ref:3937117)   #315
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I think in this specific case, the red was before the leader crossed the line.
It must have, otherwise they would have completed 2 laps by now, instead of just 1 ?
Old 27 Oct 2019, 13:27 (Ref:3937118)   #316
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
77 & 88 out at the spot
83 out of the race: too much damage

66 in the pits with (minor?) damage
They kept saying the tyre was down, but it wasn't - the front left suspension is damaged. Fixable, but not just slap a door on and go.
Old 27 Oct 2019, 13:44 (Ref:3937124)   #317
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Not sure why they need a safety car to remove that 66 car. They could do that with FCY.
(At least this morning during LM cup they could)
Old 27 Oct 2019, 13:45 (Ref:3937125)   #318
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Not sure why they need a safety car to remove that 66 car. They could do that with FCY.
(At least this morning during LM cup they could)
I think we've all given up trying to understand the logic that the ACO, and particularly SRO, use for this stuff.
Old 27 Oct 2019, 15:32 (Ref:3937137)   #319
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Hanson back in #22.
I have no idea why Albuquerque doesn't get more time in this car, especially at his home track. Not even 40 minutes ...
Old 27 Oct 2019, 15:38 (Ref:3937139)   #320
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Surely G-Drive are about to get a penalty that'll put it at the back of the lead lap?

Edit: Drive through...not as harsh as it could've been tbh.

Last edited by Akrapovic; 27 Oct 2019 at 15:44.
Old 27 Oct 2019, 15:54 (Ref:3937141)   #321
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Surely G-Drive are about to get a penalty that'll put it at the back of the lead lap?

Edit: Drive through...not as harsh as it could've been tbh.

But they are in trouble, especially if Chatin can overtake Hanson.

EDIT: And he just did so
Old 27 Oct 2019, 15:57 (Ref:3937143)   #322
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Chatin has done his part - IDEC lead.

Honestly, I don't see Rusinov overtaking enough cars.
Old 27 Oct 2019, 15:58 (Ref:3937144)   #323
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Chatin has done his part - IDEC lead.

Honestly, I don't see Rusinov overtaking enough cars.
Got JEV in that car, unless they're putting Roman back in later?

Gert is right about the previous comment - why isn't Albuquerque in the UA car?

Edit: JEV is actually dropping back. Didn't expect that.
Old 27 Oct 2019, 16:00 (Ref:3937145)   #324
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Got JEV in that car, unless they're putting Roman back in later?

Gert is right about the previous comment - why isn't Albuquerque in the UA car?

Edit: JEV is actually dropping back. Didn't expect that.
I've been away from the race - I thought Rusinov was still in.

Has Albuquerque done his time?
Old 27 Oct 2019, 16:02 (Ref:3937146)   #325
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
I've been away from the race - I thought Rusinov was still in.

Has Albuquerque done his time?
Rusinov did the opening stint, then Van Uitert, now Vergne.

#22 was Hanson - Hanson - Albuquerque - Hanson. Just 38 minutes for Albuquerque.