Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Dec 2018, 19:22 (Ref:3871692)   #26
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
It wasn't a slip of the tongue - he just doesn't have the capacity to appreciate what he is saying. And it's not the first time that he has used the same type of thought, either. Have you forgotten about his "attack" on Nico Rosberg a couple of years ago, trying to claim some sort of moral high ground
If someone lacks the capacity to appreciate what they are saying, how can they have the capacity to formulate an 'attack' through their opinions about standards of upbringing?

Either he knows what he is saying and it's calculated, or he doesn't and it's naievity.
Old 20 Dec 2018, 19:53 (Ref:3871694)   #27
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Once again I am sorry my little 'joke' has misfired, however, the way I have read this thread is that it is the 'Hamilton Lovers' who have made most of the running in making it become a battleground.
Not even I am above criticism, so why should Lewis not get his share without people interpreting even the slightest slight, as a 'vicious hate crime'.

Moderation on all sides should be the rule.

Goodnight.
Old 20 Dec 2018, 20:21 (Ref:3871700)   #28
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’m curious, am I ‘Hamilton Lover’ here?
Old 20 Dec 2018, 20:39 (Ref:3871701)   #29
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Once again I am sorry my little 'joke' has misfired.
Yes.
Quote:
Moderation on all sides should be the rule.
We’re talkng social media here.....
Old 20 Dec 2018, 21:13 (Ref:3871702)   #30
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I like all this, but I reserve the right to comment on his attire. Not that I’m well dressed or anything, far from it.
oh totally. he looks like he takes fashion inspiration from the women out of "dallas" (the original one) sometimes. but... well fair play to him for doing it anyway
Quote:
Once again I am sorry my little 'joke' has misfired, however, the way I have read this thread is that it is the 'Hamilton Lovers' who have made most of the running in making it become a battleground.
Not even I am above criticism, so why should Lewis not get his share without people interpreting even the slightest slight, as a 'vicious hate crime'.
presuming i'm one of those "hamilton lovers", then actually i think it's only right to put both sides of a discussion, particularly on a discussion forum. i can't be doing with people who either think someone's the devil or an angel. they must know very little of human beings.
Old 20 Dec 2018, 22:38 (Ref:3871712)   #31
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
It's the worst when an impoverished kid latches on to a rich person. Its so dickensian it makes me sick. It really ruins the holidays am I right?

But for real, that a thread can be started with such an overt amount of hate, without a link, without a purpose but to slag on someone and be allowed to continue is beyond me.

Is this the community we want?

Anyways if this kind of veiled trash is allowed to be posted then I'm free to stand up against it right?
it sounds like you are offended and outraged at this thread.
Old 21 Dec 2018, 08:12 (Ref:3871755)   #32
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bauble I've trawled Instagram and YouTube for your video apology. Have you taken them down already? Sorry to have missed them.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 21 Dec 2018, 08:26 (Ref:3871758)   #33
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
https://news.sky.com/video/nobodys-p...enage-11585761
Old 21 Dec 2018, 09:26 (Ref:3871765)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Not so much....you folks are going on about how a kid from no where can ever amount to anything...so he must be a cheater

That's the point of slum dog millionaire.

Boring boring boring

Still imbibed but if you dont believe what your eyes tell you why should I care about the words you say?

Mods please delete if necessary.
In response:

Quote:
OOPs!

My original post was meant to be light hearted, and just a play on the original film, not a pot at Carl Lewis Hamilton.

I think views on Lewis are very much like the current Brexit debate in the UK, it's all or nothing, hate it or love it.

Anyway sorry for arousing ire at this season of goodwill.

Merry Christmas to EVERYONE.

Bob.
You started it!

Quote:
This whole thing has gone too far, but if you lived next door to the Hamilton household in Stevenage I suppose one might take offence, It is possible that the garden was full of old mattresses, broken wheel barrows, bald car tyres etc., etc.
It's an outrage!!!!!

Quote:
It's the worst when an impoverished kid latches on to a rich person. Its so dickensian it makes me sick. It really ruins the holidays am I right?

But for real, that a thread can be started with such an overt amount of hate, without a link, without a purpose but to slag on someone and be allowed to continue is beyond me.

Is this the community we want?

Anyways if this kind of veiled trash is allowed to be posted then I'm free to stand up against it right?
Whatever you are imbibing may I suggest you add a happy pill?

I think the point of the thread is more to point out that the world has gone mad based on the twitter outrage. Most folks here are generally in agreement that he didn't deserve the slagging he got.

But like many, I wish our sportsmen were as erudite as this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOgI-RSAo9o&t=27s
Old 21 Dec 2018, 11:28 (Ref:3871783)   #35
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
DJ it was Bauble's apologies I was looking for

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 21 Dec 2018, 11:37 (Ref:3871784)   #36
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I think the point of the thread is more to point out that the world has gone mad based on the twitter outrage. Most folks here are generally in agreement that he didn't deserve the slagging he got.

But like many, I wish our sportsmen were as erudite as this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOgI-RSAo9o&t=27s
Who’s to know what Graham would be tweeting or posting on Instagram.....

Well, in my opinion, which I’m entitled to, the original post was a very poor attempt at humour. I’ll just leave it at that.....
Old 21 Dec 2018, 11:42 (Ref:3871787)   #37
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Graham? He was certainly a very clever orator. I like to think he's up there taking the **** out of his mates.
Old 21 Dec 2018, 12:19 (Ref:3871799)   #38
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Graham? He was certainly a very clever orator. I like to think he's up there taking the **** out of his mates.
You’re probably right! He had ‘The gift of the Gab’, as my old dad used to say.....
Old 21 Dec 2018, 12:22 (Ref:3871801)   #39
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Who’s to know what Graham would be tweeting or posting on Instagram.....

Well, in my opinion, which I’m entitled to, the original post was a very poor attempt at humour. I’ll just leave it at that.....
Lewis Hamilton came from Stevenage, a town HE described as 'Slums', he is a millionaire (at least) so why should anyone take offence?

I apologise for venturing into the Piranha Club that this section appears to be.

My mistake and it will not be repeated.

Mea culpa,mea culpa,mea maxima culpa.
Old 21 Dec 2018, 13:03 (Ref:3871807)   #40
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Bob, you described the original post a page back as your ‘little joke’..... so where’s the humour?
Old 21 Dec 2018, 13:10 (Ref:3871808)   #41
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Personally I think it's outrageous that the OP should be employing words from a dead language which is obviously intended to insult the intelligence of the remaining posters who don't have a classical education.
Old 21 Dec 2018, 14:33 (Ref:3871819)   #42
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Personally I think it's outrageous that the OP should be employing words from a dead language which is obviously intended to insult the intelligence of the remaining posters who don't have a classical education.
even those of us who did latin at school reasonable recently only learnt about some roman dude being angry, sat under the table etc etc. we never learnt conversational stuff. i too feel attacked and victimised
Old 21 Dec 2018, 15:03 (Ref:3871822)   #43
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
remaining posters who don't have a classical education.
I’d have been happy with an education, full stop! As for Latin, it was taught, but was beyond me.........
Old 21 Dec 2018, 17:52 (Ref:3871844)   #44
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’m at a loss to understand what the real problem is either Hamilton’s daft comment or how this thread went.

Still I’m outraged about this. And Hamilton’s suit.
Old 21 Dec 2018, 18:00 (Ref:3871848)   #45
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
dunno, i just turned up for a row, did i get the wrong address?
Old 21 Dec 2018, 18:03 (Ref:3871849)   #46
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Try twitter.com
Old 21 Dec 2018, 18:24 (Ref:3871854)   #47
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
dunno, i just turned up for a row, did i get the wrong address?
I'm sure you didn't pay for another 5 minutes.........
Old 21 Dec 2018, 23:16 (Ref:3871895)   #48
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Yes you did...
Old 22 Dec 2018, 00:10 (Ref:3871902)   #49
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Old 22 Dec 2018, 08:02 (Ref:3871931)   #50
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Well I’m all outraged out, so Merry Christmas all!