Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Dec 2018, 09:34 (Ref:3873127)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
THRUXTON MOTORSPORT CELEBRATION

Announced so far, 2019 will include HSCC Formula Junior races, U2TC, 3 MRL grids plus HRDC grids.
Old 14 Mar 2019, 17:37 (Ref:3890482)   #2
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Timetable now available on MRL and Thruxton websites. Shaping up to be an excellent weekend.
Old 14 Mar 2019, 17:59 (Ref:3890488)   #3
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks great, thanks
https://barc.blob.core.windows.net/t...tion-cyqen.pdf
Right up my street and not too far to make a weekend of it
Old 14 Mar 2019, 20:13 (Ref:3890510)   #4
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks good, hoping to be there both days.
Old 15 Mar 2019, 18:25 (Ref:3890761)   #5
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Somehow I've never been to Thruxton and would like to drag my aged father to this event. He has Parkinson's and can't walk much. Can anyone advise whether you can get your car in and view the track anywhere without trekking too far? Thanks. Phil
Old 15 Mar 2019, 21:38 (Ref:3890854)   #6
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmondo View Post
Somehow I've never been to Thruxton and would like to drag my aged father to this event. He has Parkinson's and can't walk much. Can anyone advise whether you can get your car in and view the track anywhere without trekking too far? Thanks. Phil
There is limited parking on the grass banking between Allard and the complex. I believe that is for blue badge holders but it would be worth giving the circuit a ring.
Old 16 Mar 2019, 11:08 (Ref:3890969)   #7
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Brands –*he has a blue badge pending so that might work nicely. Will check with the circuit. Phil
Old 20 Mar 2019, 07:57 (Ref:3892034)   #8
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I think I'll drag the Crustina out for this, never raced at Thruxton before, a good opportunity to murder an engine.
Old 20 Mar 2019, 08:59 (Ref:3892046)   #9
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I think I'll drag the Crustina out for this, never raced at Thruxton before, a good opportunity to murder an engine.
Hopefully not!
Old 20 Mar 2019, 09:40 (Ref:3892056)   #10
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Not if I change the diff. And definitely not as I'll be on Eurostar heading home from Paris apparently!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Hopefully not!
Old 20 Mar 2019, 10:00 (Ref:3892060)   #11
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Not if I change the diff. And definitely not as I'll be on Eurostar heading home from Paris apparently!
I used to use the same diff as Spa
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 20 Mar 2019, 10:44 (Ref:3892069)   #12
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, Thruxton, Spa and Snetterton pre JP changes all same diff for Cortinas.
Old 7 May 2019, 13:01 (Ref:3902465)   #13
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Crikey, time's flying by!

Less than a month to go to this meeting, then a week later it's Masters at Donington.

Think Saturday Thruxton for me, the HTCC is on earlier in the afternoon than on the Sunday according to the early version timetable.

So far i've heard Ken Clarke is entering his Rover, and possibly the Williams' ex Leech car too?

The glorious Guest GTV6 is going too, I guess it will also do the Alfa celebration event.
Old 9 May 2019, 20:49 (Ref:3902862)   #14
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
And I've just been advised that Alfa Romeo Owners Club have registered with the organisers for a substantial discount on tickets, so if there are any other AROC members out there, check out the Club Forum
Old 21 May 2019, 09:39 (Ref:3905038)   #15
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
And I've just been advised that Alfa Romeo Owners Club have registered with the organisers for a substantial discount on tickets, so if there are any other AROC members out there, check out the Club Forum
If this was between 1999-2004 I would have qualified!! Mind you, £12 quid is a good deal anyway.

Surprised entry lists haven't started popping up yet, only a week and half to go.

Can't wait!!
Old 21 May 2019, 15:33 (Ref:3905078)   #16
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Me and Colin are on the FJ entry list if that helps . 😀. I had my first FJ race at Thruxton 35 years ago . Will find a picture and post as I know you will all be very interested 🤣
Old 21 May 2019, 17:16 (Ref:3905095)   #17
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Recently, Iain and I have been reminiscing about a race we did in F4 in 1978 at Thruxton. Happy days and a great circuit to drive in a single seater. The 1978 race in question resulted in the late Pete Smith (of PDS transmissions) inverting his Palliser at the complex on the first lap. The car was left there on the track for the whole race - no red flag, no safety car, just "use your common sense, guys".

The race winner (Ian Briggs) set a new lap record despite the obstruction. He'd probably have got points on his licence for that these days.

Aah - we were tough back then...

Anyway - Thruxton is one of the most challenging circuits in the UK. Enjoy!
Old 27 May 2019, 17:54 (Ref:3906367)   #18
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any entry lists available?
Old 27 May 2019, 20:09 (Ref:3906384)   #19
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Not seen any yet...

BARC event page on the website has a link to 'entry list' but it just opens a new window of the same page!

MRL haven't published anything yet which is surprising. I haven't checked the Group 1 of Group A sections on Facepalm yet though. Ken Clarke is normally pretty good at sharing info when he gets it.

It might be partly because BARC were waiting on any possible late entries after Brands Masters and and the Silverstone HSCC meeting the previous week.
Old 29 May 2019, 11:02 (Ref:3906701)   #20
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

3 days to go and still nowt!

Find it very surprising, unless of course, the races are short on entries?

Hope not, really been looking forward to attending with my 2 lads.
Old 29 May 2019, 11:42 (Ref:3906707)   #21
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
3 days to go and still nowt!.
BARC are the quickest at publishing entry lists. To illustrate the point, they also haven't published them for this weekend's meetings at Donington and Silverstone.
Old 29 May 2019, 16:54 (Ref:3906777)   #22
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
BARC are the quickest at publishing entry lists. To illustrate the point, they also haven't published them for this weekend's meetings at Donington and Silverstone.
Was that "aren't"?
Old 30 May 2019, 10:42 (Ref:3906932)   #23
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motor Racing Legends entries on Website.

Its on the 'Entries and Results' page.

Apologies for not providing link as on phone.

Only 13 HTCC cars.Good mix though.

Last edited by Willmaz223; 30 May 2019 at 10:43. Reason: Added bit.
Old 30 May 2019, 10:58 (Ref:3906934)   #24
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's a very disappointing entry for the MRL grids. Especially as they each have two 40 min races. I had hoped for better support for the event this year. Sad to see
Old 30 May 2019, 12:43 (Ref:3906952)   #25
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
That's a very disappointing entry for the MRL grids. Especially as they each have two 40 min races. I had hoped for better support for the event this year. Sad to see
Lots of track time.Odd to see really.13 cars for HTCC is pretty poor realy.Maybe its the event or the circuit is not appealing.H