Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 8 Nov 2021, 02:37 (Ref:4082092)   #401
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I was going to ask about darkening times. There is a chance I can make it there in time depending on pre peach pass lane traffic.

Also, did you say there was a new Popeyes somewhere?
Yes. It's like Dollar General. There's one every other block.
Old 8 Nov 2021, 02:38 (Ref:4082093)   #402
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes sir there is, I've hit it twice now, very nice. Right next to Zaxby's, but a bit of a PITA to get out and come back towards the track, have to go back to the light at RaceTrac to make the left.

I made sure to look this evening at sunset, 6ish you could do it but you're pushing it.
Old 8 Nov 2021, 02:39 (Ref:4082094)   #403
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Yes. It's like Dollar General. There's one every other block.
I wish, there's only one in my work area but 2 Zax. No Canes get though
Old 8 Nov 2021, 12:44 (Ref:4082171)   #404
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The last two years of lists. No idea how I've actually kept them but found them today while cleaning the office....
that's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.
(because mine are the same)
Old 8 Nov 2021, 12:59 (Ref:4082173)   #405
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
OK, what the eff happened to the forecast for Thursday? Sheesh
Anyway, spent yesterday watching football, drinking and packing up the RV. Should be there by lunch tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 7.51.24 AM (2).png   20211107_131549.jpg  
Old 8 Nov 2021, 13:08 (Ref:4082176)   #406
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Just wait, by the afternoon it will be better and then what again in the AM. Weatherbug is at 50 and 50 chances Thursday and Friday, with Underground now at half inch Thursday but Friday clear. So spin the wheel and pick a forecast.

Uggh, just saw the detailed Weather.com forecast, wonder who needs to run at night, sounds like rain all evening for them so not good. Especially any LMP3s who need night running

Gonna try to load everything but the grills and coolers tonight. Have to pick up a trailer tomorrow to bring the grills but then headed north. I would guess lunchish myself but joy of reserved spot, it will always be there
Old 8 Nov 2021, 13:27 (Ref:4082183)   #407
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All trust the BBC.

Edit: blummin’ attachments. Anyway it’s better. Gets to 50% chance rain on Thursday night only.

Last edited by Adam43; 8 Nov 2021 at 13:44.
Old 8 Nov 2021, 14:00 (Ref:4082191)   #408
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Two fronts moving through between Thursday evening and Saturday morning. Looking like 'not much' of the wet stuff, but two shots of it later this week when it's gonna be beautiful the next couple of days. Will clear up and cool down for the race. Just give me that great big ball in the sky on Saturday and I'll bring a cord of wood for the evenings.

Just look here, fer n ners

https://www.wsbtv.com/weather/
Old 8 Nov 2021, 14:10 (Ref:4082196)   #409
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
that's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.
(because mine are the same)

Brilliant!!
Old 8 Nov 2021, 15:33 (Ref:4082218)   #410
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Brilliant!!
My question is, did you re use those lists this year? and how did you know what you gathered if everything is already crossed off?
Old 8 Nov 2021, 15:52 (Ref:4082221)   #411
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Also, on the schedule for Weds evening is

Quote:
5:30 pm - 6:15 pm On-Track Media Activity T3 (Cold Track)
Wonder what that could be?
Old 8 Nov 2021, 16:03 (Ref:4082223)   #412
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:

Photo shoot? Hawaiian Tropic Girls?
Quote:
My question is, did you re use those lists this year? and how did you know what you gathered if everything is already crossed off?
Oh, I've not even started making a list. Only spoken with my brother about meeting up. That's it.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 8 Nov 2021 at 16:14.
Old 8 Nov 2021, 16:23 (Ref:4082224)   #413
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:

Joeb moving day celebration?
Old 9 Nov 2021, 12:50 (Ref:4082362)   #414
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
We think the paddock will be open to the public this year?
Old 9 Nov 2021, 12:53 (Ref:4082364)   #415
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
We think the paddock will be open to the public this year?
Yes, they have had it open at other races this season.

Forecast is looking better, only Thurs with rain and clearing up after that.
Old 9 Nov 2021, 15:15 (Ref:4082409)   #416
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
heading up after work this evening.
Here is what my day will look like today
Attached Images

Old 9 Nov 2021, 15:55 (Ref:4082415)   #417
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
RX7Mandingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
heading up after work this evening.
Here is what my day will look like today
That's me. Except I'm not leaving until around 4am tomorrow morning. The car business has been super slow lately so I pretty much just sit watching the clock go round
Old 9 Nov 2021, 16:29 (Ref:4082419)   #418
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7Mandingo View Post
That's me. Except I'm not leaving until around 4am tomorrow morning. The car business has been super slow lately so I pretty much just sit watching the clock go round
I'm currently at a Mazda dealership, and it is dead. The lot is almost empty, so hard to draw customers in when there is nothing to show them!

On my way to the grocery store after this for the rest of my provisions!
Old 9 Nov 2021, 16:48 (Ref:4082423)   #419
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
RX7Mandingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm currently at a Mazda dealership, and it is dead. The lot is almost empty, so hard to draw customers in when there is nothing to show them!

I work at a little independent used car lot and we have inventory, people just love to complain about the prices.
Luckily I have everything bought, just need to finish packing the car and hope to get a few hours sleep before leaving
Old 9 Nov 2021, 19:35 (Ref:4082464)   #420
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Yes, they have had it open at other races this season.

Forecast is looking better, only Thurs with rain and clearing up after that.
Thx for the conformation on the paddock. I thought as much....

And yeah. Rain looking to push through right when I get there for the only practice session I'd likely be able to see. No practice on Friday. I'm gonna push hard to leave asap Thursday. Still a lot to be done between now and then. This better be the last damn time they have it this week. This is literally the week where I start landing work for the next two years....maybe my boss can actually do something for a change.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 9 Nov 2021 at 19:43.
Old 10 Nov 2021, 00:49 (Ref:4082499)   #421
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Fire?
Old 10 Nov 2021, 01:24 (Ref:4082501)   #422
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South

Yeah, forget me bringing firewood. We can all stand next to the burning Mazda.
Old 10 Nov 2021, 03:30 (Ref:4082509)   #423
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Damn, 58 degrees and dark is quite chilly so 35 ain't gonna be nice fellas. But camp mostly setup, coffee and hash while everyone streams in tomorrow will be great with the sun up at 8.
Old 10 Nov 2021, 03:35 (Ref:4082510)   #424
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Dad arrived safe and sound. Tired obviously. Giddy to get going.
Old 10 Nov 2021, 03:47 (Ref:4082512)   #425
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Yeah, forget me bringing firewood. We can all stand next to the burning Mazda.
It's cold so please don't forget it