Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 23 Oct 2012, 08:41 (Ref:3156324)   #1
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2013 12 Hours of Sebring Entry List Speculation

I know next year's Sebring is a LONG time away, but since we are already getting speculation on special entries I figure we can have the thread ready.

CONFIRMED CARS

P2: 1x Conquest Endurance Morgan-Nissan
1x Dempsey Racing Lola B12/80 Mazda

GT: 2x Corvette Racing Chevrolet Corvette C6.R
2x Extreme Speed Motorsports Ferrari 458 Italia GTC
1x Falken Tire Motorsport Porsche 911 GT3 RSR
2x Flying Lizard Motorsport Porsche 911 GT3 RSR
1x Alex Job Racing Lotus Evora

LIKELY CARS

P1: 1x Muscle Milk Pickett Racing HPD ARX-03a
1x Dyson Racing Lola B12/60 Mazda

P2: 2x Level 5 Motorsport HPD ARX-03b

GT: 1x Paul Miller Racing Porsche 911 GT3 RSR
2x SRT Motorsport SRT Viper GTS-R
1x Alex Job Racing Lotus Evora

GTC: 1x JDX Racing
1x Alex Job Racing
2x NGT Motorsports
1x Green Hornet Racing
1x TRG
1x GMG Racing
1x Competition Motorsports

PC: 1x RSR Racing
1x Dempsey Racing
1x PR1 Mathiasen Motorsports
2x Core Autosports
1x Merchant Services Racing

POSSIBLES (Less than likely)

P1: 1x Audi Sport Audi R18 E-Tron Quattro
1x Rebellion Racing Lola B12/60 Toyota

P2: 1x Starworks Motorsport HPD ARX-03b
1x Muscle Milk Pickett Racing HPD ARX-03b
1x Core Autosport?

GT: 1x Risi Competizione Ferrari 458 Italia GTC
2x Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing BMW Z4 GTE
1x Falken Tire Motorsports Porsche 911 GT3 RSR
1x Krohn Racing Ferrari 458 Italia GTC
1x Mclaren MP4-12C GTE?
1x DragonSpeed Audi R8 GTE?

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...-sebring-2013/
The Audi, Starworks and Krohn speculation is mentioned in this article

Last edited by FstrthnU; 23 Oct 2012 at 08:47.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 08:59 (Ref:3156338)   #2
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In terms of speculation on twitter - John Dagys said yesterday we could expect more HPD P2's in action next year.

Then Hindy chipped in that he'd heard one would be run by a prominent IndyCar and Grand Am team. Surely that has to equal Ganassi?
Old 23 Oct 2012, 10:25 (Ref:3156398)   #3
Mt. Lynx
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm
Mt. Lynx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think there will be any P1 cars at Sebring next year. I wouldn't be surprised if we'll see a few GTE's fold their entries either.
I fear this will be the most uninspiring Sebring 12hrs since its inception.

On a personal level, I'll skip this one. The only class I have any interest in that will most likely have a couple of entries is GTE, and I fear there will be only two corvettes present in that class
Sorry about the rant.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 11:02 (Ref:3156420)   #4
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt. Lynx View Post
I don't think there will be any P1 cars at Sebring next year. I wouldn't be surprised if we'll see a few GTE's fold their entries either.

On a personal level, I'll skip this one. The only class I have any interest in that will most likely have a couple of entries is GTE, and I fear there will be only two corvettes present in that class
Sorry about the rant.
Thankfully the signs show you are probably wrong.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 11:17 (Ref:3156429)   #5
Mt. Lynx
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm
Mt. Lynx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Thankfully the signs show you are probably wrong.
I certainly hope so! I love Sebring 12hrs.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 11:17 (Ref:3156430)   #6
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ganassi? In the ALMS?
Old 23 Oct 2012, 11:24 (Ref:3156433)   #7
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drop McLaren from the list, they won't debut until later in 2013.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 14:21 (Ref:3156509)   #8
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Audi's already confirmed for Sebring aren't they? Toyota is very unlikely, there's been a lot of been rumblings about that not happening.

Edit: Audi not confirmed, Dieter Gass said that they would try to be there:

“We hope to be able to go and we are planning to go at this stage, but the final decision has not been made,” he said. “It is a very good preparation for the Le Mans 24 Hours.”

Though I guess Dr.Ullrich's sentiment in John Dagys' article seems to show a little less commitment.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 14:26 (Ref:3156510)   #9
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
FstrthnU posted a link to the SPEED.com article in which Dr. Ullrich acknowlegdes that Audi is evaluating a Sebring entry.
Quote:
"We're thinking about it but no decisions have been made yet," Head of Audi Motorsport, Dr. Wolfgang Ullrich told SPEED.com. "I think a decision will not be [made] until before November."
"It would make sense to run a new car there because we basically used Sebring to do endurance runs [and tests]," Ullrich said. "Maybe we can combine it for next year but it's something that has to be decided and it has not been decided."
Old 23 Oct 2012, 14:47 (Ref:3156522)   #10
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Toyota would be foolish not to go to Sebring . Damn sure its not De Chaunac's thoughts .

Wonder might you see a 2012 "Oreca" entry there , as opposed to a full 2013 Toyota presence ?

Audi will be there , and so should Toyota .

Last edited by The Badger; 23 Oct 2012 at 14:53.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 14:51 (Ref:3156523)   #11
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
P2: 1x Conquest Endurance Morgan-Nissan
1x Dempsey Racing Lola B12/80 Mazda
I must have missed where these were confirmed. I thought Conquest was having financial trouble, and in jeopardy because of the ALMS acquisition in that their contract to distribute the Morgan in the U.S. wasn't really worth much anymore. As for Dempsey (sidenote: the official designation is B12/87, but that doesn't truly matter ), I thought it was still possible for them to do the WEC instead.

Both of those thoughts, however, could be wrong. I'm probably just behind on the news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOrGlory View Post
Ganassi? In the ALMS?
The ALMS will run in 2013, but is owned by NASCAR. NASCAR, in fact, are the ones who got Sebring and Petit on SPEED/FOX Sports 1 in 2013. So it's not longer a crime for Ganassi to run ALMS, and he may do it alongside Grand-Am as a way to get a feel for an LMP2.

Why?

Because LMP2s might be included in Grand-Am for 2014, and Ganassi's standard-issue bodywork has some aerodynamic disadvantages to the Corvette bodywork. Ganassi already has HPD ties through IndyCar, so he may be looking at using an LMP2 in a combined DP/P2 class from 2014. I don't think it's a huge stretch, but again, it's speculation on my part.

Another consideration RE: HPD: CORE Autosport. This obviously isn't in reference to Hindhaugh's hint, but CORE use Starworks' drivers (Popow, Dalziel, Kimber-Smith, etc). and have an interest in going to LMP2. Starworks could help them out with an HPD more than anything. Once more, speculation, not based on anything.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 15:29 (Ref:3156534)   #12
DeathOrGlory
Racer

Regarding CORE, they already have one dynamite driver in the wings: Kyle Marcelli.

I don't really mind Ganassi going to the ALMS next year, it would be a good thing especially if the LMP teams stay. The question though about the rules in 2014, will Ganassi go to a DP or a LMP? Rojas and Pruett are definitely going to stick though, and there would be 3 very quick Mexicans: Diaz, Rojas, Gonzalez.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 15:32 (Ref:3156538)   #13
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
In terms of speculation on twitter - John Dagys said yesterday we could expect more HPD P2's in action next year.

Then Hindy chipped in that he'd heard one would be run by a prominent IndyCar and Grand Am team. Surely that has to equal Ganassi?
In the case it's true, I hardly believe we will see a team buying a new car considering the unclear situation of the series - that left the question, how many HPD's are available to rent or lease at all ?

Old 23 Oct 2012, 15:57 (Ref:3156553)   #14
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOrGlory View Post
Regarding CORE, they already have one dynamite driver in the wings: Kyle Marcelli.
I thought he was with merchant ?
Old 23 Oct 2012, 15:59 (Ref:3156554)   #15
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsten66 View Post
In the case it's true, I hardly believe we will see a team buying a new car considering the unclear situation of the series - that left the question, how many HPD's are available to rent or lease at all ?

So , Hindy is talking out of his hat again ?

Im sure there will be more ..... WEC and ALMS too .
Old 23 Oct 2012, 16:01 (Ref:3156555)   #16
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Our friend JAG mentions on twitter that Mike Newton has a fully-upgraded P2 sitting in his shop. He can either return to racing or lease it out.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 16:05 (Ref:3156557)   #17
DeathOrGlory
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I thought he was with merchant ?
Whoops! I realized that one a bit too late.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 16:12 (Ref:3156559)   #18
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

It is sale able after the season, either to a team overseas or on the historic market.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 16:49 (Ref:3156583)   #19
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

These teams might be privy to information that we aren't at this point.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 18:12 (Ref:3156612)   #20
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
P1: 1x Audi Sport Audi R18 E-Tron Quattro
I don't think one car is likely for Audi. No reason not to run two if you're there anyway. It's going to be either two or none.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 18:56 (Ref:3156637)   #21
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Throwing out pure crap:

Adrián Fernández has stated he wants to return to American sports car racing in a prototype.

Ferández has Telmex and HPD ties.

Ganassi has Telmex (through Rojas) and HPD (through IndyCar) ties.

Like I said, pure crap, but I wonder if that's part of it because I'd assume Chip would be running ALMS alongside Grand-Am, not instead of.

I don't know. I'm bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
These teams might be privy to information that we aren't at this point.
I also would think that, with the class structure allegedly being confirmed sometime in December, there would be plenty of time to gather information now and finalize a decision then.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 19:34 (Ref:3156654)   #22
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is it really impossible for RLL to run the M3s in Sebring? Considering how many teams enter their old cars I wouldn't think it's terribly unlikely, at least for Sebring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Rabbit View Post
Throwing out pure crap:

Adrián Fernández has stated he wants to return to American sports car racing in a prototype.

Ferández has Telmex and HPD ties
He also has ties to Aston Martin, though as you say he probably prefers prototypes.
I imagine Aston Martin themselves could also be a possibility for Sebring.
Old 24 Oct 2012, 06:03 (Ref:3156849)   #23
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
He and Aston Martin have parted ways. No longer a connection with them (and no Lowes sponsorship).
Old 24 Oct 2012, 09:54 (Ref:3156908)   #24
DeathOrGlory
Racer

How about De Ferran?
Old 24 Oct 2012, 10:03 (Ref:3156917)   #25
The Badger
Veteran

Be great to see De Ferran return .

Whats he been doing since his last ALMS foray , with what , and how good has he done please ?