Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 13 Mar 2006, 19:22 (Ref:1547400)   #1
crgmichael
Rookie

crgmichael should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
tonykart racer evs(racing)

Seen a few today at my engine bulder he said there putting in good pace Did anyone drive one yet what do you think of them?
Old 13 Mar 2006, 19:43 (Ref:1547422)   #2
Maxkarter
Rookie

South Africa
South Africa
Maxkarter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They have just been brought into South Africa, I suspect that they will do well in the ROK class, but running in Max will be woeful as always, its going to take some time for Tony Kart to produce a chassis that was as successful as the Rekord over here.
Old 14 Mar 2006, 16:33 (Ref:1548113)   #3
Rushy
Racer

United Kingdom
Rushy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well in Max i think alot of strawberry racing team have them. But i have heard that because they are 30 mill tubes they snap.
And there frames on there own are £900 because people were swapping from the old karts to the new by buying frames
Old 14 Mar 2006, 17:26 (Ref:1548163)   #4
crgmichael
Rookie

crgmichael should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
are you sure they didnt look that small
Old 14 Mar 2006, 17:51 (Ref:1548191)   #5
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's the new 125 g/box Tony chassis called?
Old 17 Mar 2006, 00:13 (Ref:1550687)   #6
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We just bought the racer evs for my son as a Jr. Rotax kart. My son had the 2005 racer ev last year and he loved it, did well too. After just a few laps in the evs he says it is substantially better.

The new 125 Shifter from Tony is still the Kryton but it comes in the KR or the ST. The KR is the high end component kart. It is quite different than last year, basically a 32mm racer with a removeable 4th rail. I got the KR and only have 15 laps on it so the jury is still out on whether it is substantially better than my '05 Krypton. I'll let you know.
Old 25 Mar 2006, 05:02 (Ref:1560058)   #7
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Well, I finally got my first full day of practice in on the Krypton KR. The answer is...
SWEEEEEEEEEET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A real joy to drive, minimal adjustments needed straight out of the box, consistent and predictable.

My son's Racer EVS works well too it seems. Third quick Rotax today (of 37 total), including the Internationals. Not bad for a kart with Jr. barrel. Tony seems to have conquered most of the bugs we had to chase out last season with the new front end set up.

I think it will be a good season. First race in the morning.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 11:17 (Ref:1561266)   #8
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good luck hope it goes well for you and you son Let us know how it goes
Old 27 Mar 2006, 04:10 (Ref:1561906)   #9
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Thanks Speedy !!!

My son ended in P2. P1 all day and a brain fade in the main with 2 corners to go, went wide and got zapped. That's OK it was an essential lesson in race-craft. He won't do that one again (at least for awhile).

As for me...P5 (was P3 until the P4 yahoo turned me sideways with 2 corners left, not just a bump but a direct torpedo move). What a bonehead. I'll take it anyway as I elected to race in a new Light gearbox catagory that had all the young guns in it. I questioned racing in that class as the "conventional wisdom" said it would be carnage as the field was exceptionally large and the kids are crazy. Not the case. I found I would much rather race with them. Very fast, better reflexes, no "can I do it" hesitations. So I gave up 10 years to the next oldest guy and 20+ to the rest of the field (I'm 47). I learned an amazing amount and my own skills improved racing with them.

The best part is that we both had a great time, smiling and laughing about the day all the way home.